no updates on i130 or 485

unlucky_girl

Registered Users (C)
My DO is Garden City NY and i had my second interview on Dec 3rd. the interview went well and the IO said he is going to approve the case. i think the name check is cleared. no updates after the interview even online. really concerned. has this happened to anyone?

i know for sure it is cleared. we had called a customer service during my i140 process and she told us that it was cleared. unless they start it fresh for I130

my concern is why no update on the I130 from what i know it is independent of name check. Am i right. if yes then is there anybody who had a good interview although a second interview( i would not call it stokes as someone pointed out before coz it was infact better than my first interview) and still did not see any update for 3 weeks or more. my second interview was on Dec 4th 2007. DO Garden City. really anxious these days. any info will be greatly appreciated.

if your employer filed for 140, then in that case that has to be transferred to current D.O
that looks like takes forever(mine same), that may be the reason.
if you find a way to expedite let me know

i dont think that is the reason coz he mentioned he had all the papers with him. he even asked me why i changed category and stuff related to I140. all the time referring to my file. i am going crazy. it is 3 weeks since the interview and i still dont see any update.

no updates yet. just curious to know if they do stamp the passport with like say" case pending" coz nothing was stamped on my passport so i am really concerned if there is any record that i attended the second interview whatsoever. my passporet was stamped "pending" at the first interview.

still no news on either the I130 or 485. called NBC and this is the update mail that we got. the file has been transferred to local office for processing. this is a week ago. What does that mean?. anyone experienced this.

My situation is different but I do not have any updates since the time I first filed my I130 and 485. I have received my IL but still nothing on the uscis website. I think they are just busy.

i just went to the uscis website and found that the last update shows jan13th incidentally a Sunday. i really dont think that means anything but what i am concerned is why the update is only for the I485 and not for the I130. does it mean anything? my interview went well and lasted only a couple of mins. my secon\d interview though.

still no news. frustrated. do u think i should make an infopass and see what is going on? my lawyer had asked us to wait for 6-8 weeks coz that is how much they normally take and then to go for infopass. it is about 7 weeks already so i am wondering what to do?

hey franticsky,
any updates. i am asking u coz ur Do is Garden City too.

Hi Unlucky_girl
Hopefully your situation will be resolved into the luckiest one. I think your case was taking more time due to the little longer history of your applications with USCIS as it was 140 and then 130 (which make them little confused.........140 was processed at some different service ctr and now your IO is waiting for that file to come to your DO. Once the file will be completed, he will change pending decision into approval.
This is all my assumption
Every case is unique, so we cannot compare with each other because of so many administrative steps in processing.

hey franticsky,
any updates. i am asking u coz ur Do is Garden City too.

No Unlucky_Girl , I am in touch with the congressman's office and going to Garden City every day now , I wake up at 4 in thye morning , drive 60 miles to Garden city and then drive back to work in Jersey every single freaking day , I drive around 200 miles every day just for those freaks who for what reason just sitting on their bums and do nothing