NEW THREAD FOR 420 -CSOFT-NJ based company

You might be correct. but....

but, there is no hard evidence to tie him to P act. Filing h1b is not a crime. Filing for a T is so. he was not caught like 'British Indian' guy. Now they should prove that atleast one h1b applicant is tied to Terr . That might not be possible. So I feel case will not be strong in that side.

"IRS will go after him also. He will be in jail and penniless." He is yet to file tax for 2005. Lawyers will try to include all the money to last year income. He will go to jail, but for how long. Thats what I said 5-7 years. if the cases are strong might be a little more. As per the law he is penniless now itself since all his assets are seized.

You never know, even after pleading guilty, he might be put into jail for 25-50 years. who knows ? Let us wait and see.

I hope all his h1 employees (with valid qualification and original experience) are safe in a different company now.

unitednations said:
You misunderstand that the government has tied immigration to security. Because of this link, patriot act applies and there are other laws on the books such as racateering. US Government has enough power to take away a person's assets from foreign lands if they really wanted to. In this case I believe they really want to. He probably can't post bail becasue all of his assets are frozen.

IRS will go after him also. He will be in jail and penniless.

USA is a nation of laws. There is a law for everyhing. If they can't ge you on one thing they will get you on another. Tax evasion, non payment of h-1b for every h-1b that he filed and didn't pay people. Mail fraud, etc., etc.

US government is always looking for that one case which will set an example for others. This is the case to achieve this purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
asnssf said:
but, there is no hard evidence to tie him to patriot act.

No they will not go that route ...

I think he will be charged under : defacing the labor and using labor in illegal way ... like multiple filing of same labor.

His helpers like preeti and all might also get prison time .. but will be much less serving time.

nTan said:
Can two guys apply for H1b extension against the same labor pending in Back log center. The labor is pending since 3 years and the company says the orginal guy seems to have abandoned it, but works for the company.

Is there a way to find out how many guys are extending the H1b against A pending labor.

Thanks

I think -- it can ... provided that it goes in a sequential manner.

Like this
1/1/2000 ------ Guy A
1/1/2001 ----- Guy B [ company says Guy A not interested and Guy B takes the spot]
1/1/2002 ------ Guy C [ Company says Guy B quit .. hence this]
1/12003 -------Guy A [ Company says Guy C quit .. and Guy A now is interested]

Hmmm the longer the labor waits in Backlog Center .. more n more guys can join in to extent there H1b .. without going back to home country. Guy B and C can apply for there own labor when they are in borrowed time.

I think trying Nick for any terror activities is a push. Such cases receive widespread attention. Unless this guy "Knowingly" did a H1 for a T, he won't be tried. The key here is "knowingly". There is simply no way to for an employer to find if a job seeker has links to T.

Coming to fraud, they will add up counts. Say 100 counts of H1 fraud = 100 years, some of which could be served concurrently.

http://foia.state.gov/foiareq/foialetter.asp

HOW TO MAKE A FOIA REQUEST

http://foia.state.gov/foiareq/foialetter.asp

Although there is no standard format or form to use when requesting records from the State Department, you may find the FOIA Request Letter Generator below helpful in structuring your request.

Please Note: If you are making a request for personal records regarding yourself, you must provide an original signature. Accordingly, you will not be able to submit your request via the FOIA Request Letter Generator. Please go to "About the Privacy Act" in Frequently Asked Questions.

Also, to find out what records are available from the State Department please go to "About State Department Records" in Frequently Asked Questions. Generally, permanent records older than 25 years, or pre-1925 passport and pre-1940 visa records are with the National Archives and Records Administration.

D90210 said:
Does anyone have any link in regards to FOIA and how to use the FOIA?

Filing 2005 Income tax returns

Hi UnitedNations,

I want to file my Income tax returns for 2005 and I am ex-Cysft employee.
How should I proceed in following situation:

1. Jan-2005 to Aug-2005 on Cybersoftec's payroll. State tax was deducted from the state of Maine.

2. Sept-2005 salary, was paid by TECHNOLOGIES500 HOLDINGS & EDUC, INC (the company that bought Cysft assets as per Mr. N). The state tax of New York will apply here, correct since the new company is registered in NY ?

3. I did a H1 B transfer and joined a CA based company. They started paying me from Dec-2005 since it took some time for H1 transfer receipt to come.
The state tax of CA would apply here.

About CA company, I do not have any issue, since they will issue me a W-2 form. What to do for #1 and #2 ? Just using Form 4852 is enough ? Do I need to fill up state specific forms too ?

thanks.

unitednations said:
if you don't get a w-2 then there is an IRS form 4852. Odd that it starts with 485.

Here is the link.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4852.pdf

uts2004 said:
2. Sept-2005 salary, was paid by TECHNOLOGIES500 HOLDINGS & EDUC, INC (the company that bought Cysft assets as per Mr. N). The state tax of New York will apply here, correct since the new company is registered in NY ?

State tax is determined by the location of work (where you do the income).
If you were still working in Maine, you need to pay state tax (if any) for Maine. Not NY.

uts2004 said:
3. I did a H1 B transfer and joined a CA based company. They started paying me from Dec-2005 since it took some time for H1 transfer receipt to come.
The state tax of CA would apply here.

If you are not working in CA, you don't need to pay state tax in CA (CA state tax is pretty high).

Thanks for the reply, Pralay.

Actually, I am a CA resident and for all along during my tenure with Cysft, N told me there is a need for Cysft to deduct tax from the state of Maine (since my labor was filed from that state).

At that time, I never understood this part and I had many unfruitful arguments with him that he should deduct tax from CA instead of Maine.
Eventually, last year(for 2004) I filed a Non-resident tax return for the state of Maine and then claimed the Tax Credits in my CA state return. So, I was wondering I'll have to do the same thing for this year too with the addition of NY state since I was paid for 1 month by NY based Technologies500 Educ Inc.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

pralay said:
State tax is determined by the location of work (where you do the income).
If you were still working in Maine, you need to pay state tax (if any) for Maine. Not NY.

If you are not working in CA, you don't need to pay state tax in CA (CA state tax is pretty high).

All

How many of the you(CST) victims have got H1 approved from other company without paystubs?
Did anyone of you get a query from INS for not submitting the paystubs?If yes then how did you suffice the need for the same?

Please share info if you know anything about it

Thanks

Un

UN,
Based on your experience can you tell me whether a person can get h1 approved without recent paystubs?

What alternative documents does he need to do prove his status?

Also Can the middle man directly pay the consultant?

Hi UN,

I am also victim of CSoft. Although I got EAD from CSoft(future based geen card), I never worked for CSoft.
I am still working for an employer who Hold my H1B.

But, I filled w4 for CSOFT, few days before my 140 got denied from CSOFT. I never got paystubs from CSOFT. I am not sure, How this (w4) would affect.

Do you think, I need to go to Canada and re-enter for safe side. Please suggest.

Thanks

unitednations said:
as we have discussed countless time. If you had another approved h-1 with another company then the safest bet would have been to go to Canada and re-enter on that companies h-1.

All this stuff is gray. However, it is known that if you enter USA on an h-1 then that h-1 rules your status in the country.

Hi UN & friends,
I noticed LUD changes on my 140 & 485 for 2 continuous days. My spouses 485 also had LUD changes in the same time. I called USCIS to get update but they told me the same information as is displayed when i check my status online.
Any comments?

Any one know how we can Track our SSN & Medicare deductions for 2005? Please share Info..

I called HR Block to file TAxes and they suggested us to file after February 10th using some Substitute W2 form.

stamping

UN or anyone,

I heard that if we go for stamping (revalidation) in canda with existing unexpired visa and in case if the case is rejected for revalidation, then we cannot reenter into US eventhough you have valid I-94 and unexpired visa in your passport.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
UN, Pralay and friends, Can you pls reply to this query? I have to file tax returns before I leave US in another 10 days.

uts2004 said:
Thanks for the reply, Pralay.

Actually, I am a CA resident and for all along during my tenure with Cysft, N told me there is a need for Cysft to deduct tax from the state of Maine (since my labor was filed from that state).

At that time, I never understood this part and I had many unfruitful arguments with him that he should deduct tax from CA instead of Maine.
Eventually, last year(for 2004) I filed a Non-resident tax return for the state of Maine and then claimed the Tax Credits in my CA state return. So, I was wondering I'll have to do the same thing for this year too with the addition of NY state since I was paid for 1 month by NY based Technologies500 Educ Inc.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

lostbattle said:
Hi UN & friends,
I noticed LUD changes on my 140 & 485 for 2 continuous days. My spouses 485 also had LUD changes in the same time. I called USCIS to get update but they told me the same information as is displayed when i check my status online.
Any comments?

LostBattle,
This has been discussed before. The officers on the phone have same level of access as you do. They see the same web page as you do.

Take a infopass and go to a USCIS center and talk to them, they have higher level of access. I did the same and I got more information at the infopass center .

Good luck

Thanks

unitednations said:
if you already have valid visa stamping then why would you want to go for stamping again?

If you have a valid I-94 card but visa is expired, you can use auto revalidation through canada and do not need to go for visa stamping. However, if you have valid I-94 card but go for visa stamping and they reject it then you cannot use auto revalidation. You would then need to go to home country and get stamping done.

If you have valid I-94 card and only want to do auto revalidation, I wouldn't suggest going for visa stamping unless you need it for a trip outside canada/mexico.

UN,

Thanks for clarification. I appreciate that.

I have valid I-94 upto April 2006. Visa is valid upto April 2006.

I got H1B EXT. It is valid upto April 2007. And I-94 which is attached to I-797 is valid up to April 2007.

Based on your suggestion, auto revalidation is good enough after Visa expiration. That means, I-94 which is attached to I-797 can be used after auto revalidation.

The reason for going stamping is, just in case if there is any emergency occurs, then I have to go to home country. At that time I should not end up any Visa issues. Hope you understood what I mean. I gave up for "pleasure visits" to home country because of stamping issues.

different situation

unitednations said:
Well, if you want to go for visa stamping and it is rejected in Canada before April 2006 and they cancel your existing visa then you wouldn't be allowed back in USA.

If you go after april 2006 and they reject the visa stamping then you also wouldn't be able t o come back into USA.

Risk is very remote that they refuse stamping in Canada. I know there is a number of people going to canada and mexico in the next two weeks. Hopefully, they will post their experience here for everyone's benefit.

I heard that some people went for stamping and consular has taken all the documentation except passport and I-94. If there is no rejection and consular says, we will get back you after four weeks, then is it safe to reenter into USA if existing I-94 is not expired?