• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Need urgent help

Nomz

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

We my step son will follow us later if we succeed in going to the US , so now the questions are .
1. Do we send his pictures and DS 230 forms to kcc together with our forms?
2. Is my step son suppose to go to the interview together with us when we go or they will set a separate date since he is to follow later , he is 8years ?
3.He is my step son so on my DS 230 form Question 29 should i write his details or they should only appear on his fathers forms?

Who currently has custody of the child? When you say "follow later" are you implying you want to do 'follow-to-join' for the child? If yes, you're aware that the follow to join derivative status is only applicable till the end of Sept. 2014? If that is your plan, you will need to ask the CO at the end of your interview about the process of scheduling a follow to join interview for the child. If however you're looking at the possibility of his joining you some years down the road, then you're looking at file a visa petition under the 2A-2B Family Category.

Anyway, regardless of which option you're looking at, I suggest both you and your husband should list him on your separate forms. You should also fill out a DS-230 form for him. He doesn't have to attend the interview, just explain the fact that he will not be going with you guys to the US for now.

He is staying with his mother in a different province from where we are. It will certainly be years later not within the fiscal year , so can we still send his DS-230 and pictures through together with our forms ? Just for clarification please explain to me what the visa petition under 2A -2B Family Category is ? How do we go about it and when considering our current situation . Thank you for your assistance .

He is staying with his mother in a different province from where we are. It will certainly be years later not within the fiscal year , so can we still send his DS-230 and pictures through together with our forms ? Just for clarification please explain to me what the visa petition under 2A -2B Family Category is ? How do we go about it and when considering our current situation . Thank you for your assistance .

my 1st Q is, did you (the DV14 winner) list the boy as a step son w/his photo in your original online eDV app? If not you will have trouble, possible disqualification of ALL at the interview, be aware of that fact.

If you are sure that there's no way he will join you before 9/14, then no point in sending DS 230 and pics for him, just list him in both of yours. Once you settle in US with jobs talk to an imm. lawyer about sponsoring him under family GC category.

However, his best bet to get to US (IF you have had listed him in your eDV) is to send now his DS 230 + pics and join you at the interview (you will need written permission/affidavit from Mom) and get approved, take him with you to US and activate his GC and later return him back to Mom (you may have to bring him to US at least once a yr, talk to a lawyer on options on that as well)

Best!

PS: as Som1smom said, you may just send his DS 230+ pics now and decide later what you are going to do. May be convince Mom to let him have this chance and return to Mom, you got plenty of time. You will however has to indicate in yours, for now, that he is joining you to go to US.

Last edited by a moderator:
my 1st Q is, did you (the DV14 winner) list the boy as a step son w/his photo in your original online eDV app? If not you will have trouble, possible disqualification of ALL at the interview, be aware of that fact.

If you are sure that there's no way he will join you before 9/14, then no point in sending DS 230 and pics for him, just list him in both of yours. Once you settle in US with jobs talk to an imm. lawyer about sponsoring him under family GC category.

However, his best bet to get to US (IF you have had listed him in your eDV) is to send now his DS 230 + pics and join you at the interview (you will need written permission/affidavit from Mom) and get approved, take him with you to US and activate his GC and later return him back to Mom (you may have to bring him to US at least once a yr, talk to a lawyer on options on that as well)

Best!

PS: as Som1smom said, you may just send his DS 230+ pics now and decide later what you are going to do. May be convince Mom to let him have this chance and return to Mom, you got plenty of time. You will however has to indicate in yours, for now, that he is joining you to go to US.

Yes i did have him listed as my step son on the original application , will speak to the father about this im sure we will come up with a solution , thankx , you guys are just brilliant will sure work it out at worst get a lawyer on these options Thank you again :D