• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Name Problem

JANUSLOL

Hi guys, I will have my interview soon. but i noticed a mistake. I misspelled my first and last name. I misspelled both in the first application form and in the ds-260.

For example; My name is murat akata. normally the akata should have been murat. what should I do?

I don’t see any misspelled names in the example you’ve provided. Do you mean you misplaced the name as in First Name for Last Name and vice versa?

I don’t see any misspelled names in the example you’ve provided. Do you mean you misplaced the name?
Yes. I have an interview in 3 weeks. I don't know what to do.
I asked a lawyer. She told me to open the ds-260 form and fix it.

And you just noticed you switched your names both on the entry form and your DS260 form? I have to say outright that’s hard to believe. Anyway, you had the opportunity to correct this when filling out your DS260 form back then. At this point, I don’t think there’s anything you can do about it before your scheduled interview appointment. Yes you can try contacting your embassy to see if they will unlock your DS260, but I doubt they will.

And you just noticed you switched your names both on the entry form and your DS260 form? I have to say outright that’s hard to believe. Anyway, you had the opportunity to correct this when filling out your DS260 form back then. At this point, I don’t think there’s anything you can do about it before your scheduled interview appointment. Yes you can try contacting your embassy to see if they will unlock your DS260, but I doubt they will.
If I didn't have an interview, should I have opened it? what do you think i should do now?I really didn't notice. I don't have a good english.

I know someone else who has the same problem. but he hasn't received an interview yet. is he lucky than me?

I already stated I don’t think there’s anything you can do about it at this point before your interview!

I can’t predict what the outcome will be for you. You’ll just have to wait and see.

Your friend can contact KCC and request they unlock his DS260 to enable him update the form.

I can’t predict what the outcome will be for you. You’ll just have to wait and see.

Your friend can contact KCC and request they unlock his DS260 to enable him update the form.
I guess my friend's chances are higher than mine?I hope we can both go.