Name Check Pending more than a year, am I the only one ?

caliSun

Registered Users (C)
Just called USCIS, my name checking is still pending, am I the only one out there? Anybody else has the same situation, please share your information. Thanks.

Just called USCIS, my name checking is still pending, am I the only one out there? Anybody else has the same situation, please share your information. Thanks.

You need to file a lawsuit my friend, for that we have a special THREAD on top of this forum, and you might want to contact the expert LAZYCIS.

What do you think? Are you up for it? Are you going to keep on waiting or spend 400 dollars and a couple of months to get this done? It's time to act, bcs nothing is going to happen after this point if you don't make it happen.

These people are LAZY and COMPLICATED.-

Thanks Rick. yes, the lawsuit is crossing my mind more and more often these days. Just have one question, in Los Angeles, the online processing time still shows 7/26/2007, should I wait for that time to be changed since my prioroty date is 09/27/2007?

Thanks Rick. yes, the lawsuit is crossing my mind more and more often these days. Just have one question, in Los Angeles, the online processing time still shows 7/26/2007, should I wait for that time to be changed since my prioroty date is 09/27/2007?

No, the processing dates are useless. You have been waiting already a year for a name check. Come on !!!

They have 150 people working at the FBI NNCP of which 135 are contractors and 15 are from the FBI. The checks are done manually for any discrepancies with your name. The only problem is that on the contract they are required to do an avg of 7 manual checks per day. If your name is a hit, then they go manual, and pull whatever info they have on you. They take a look at it, put you under the microscope, probably check you out more in depth, and they have to make a determination unless they believe you are a future hijacker of planes or whatever.

But what they cannot do is put you on the GITMO List, and say " we are not going to respond to this guy, ever ", this was called the Bush Doctrine and it is what USCIS & FBI applies to certain individuals. I figure, if you are already here, and apllying for naturalization, you can't be that bad, right ?

So when you file a federal lawsuit and go before the judge, they have to tell the judge whatever it is they have on YOU, and they usually say that they have National Security Info they can't show, and then the Judge says, if you can't show it to me, then it does not exist in this court of law. You have 90 days to show me some proof or you are naturalizing this guy within the same period or I am going to hold the USCIS or FBI in contempt.

And that's it, end of story. You become naturalized and bara-bim barabum.. that is as good as it gets.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought with the new FBI/USCIS effort they cleared all names pending over a year as of Nov. 08 ???:confused:

"The target milestones for processing name checks are:
Completion Goal
Category
May 2008 Process all name checks pending more than three years
July 2008 Process all name checks pending more than two years
November 2008 Process all name checks pending more than one year
February 2009 Process all name checks pending more than 180 days
June 2009 Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days"

That was from a USCIS april press release.

There are plenty of people waiting 2+ years. The USCIS came up with new reasons for delay (security check, additional review, recession, lost file, etc.). Who believes USCIS promises anyway?

There are plenty of people waiting 2+ years. The USCIS came up with new reasons for delay (security check, additional review, recession, lost file, etc.). Who believes USCIS promises anyway?

I honestly believe that the joint USCIS/FBI effort was just smoke and mirrors to create the typical election year illusion. As evidenced by recent posts, supervisor approvals and oath scheduling are taking an unusually long time. Now that the elections are over, the USCIS is back in its comfort zone.

calisun, wait till feb end

Hi Calisun,

I would say wait for mar 08.

My PD is 04/07 and my NC was cleared in the last week of Nov 08 did my 2nd FP in dec 08 and I am placed in queue for interview. I believe they will speed up to meet Feb 09 deadline.

Just have some more patience. That you waited this long..give it 2 months more..

just my 2cents

all the best

yeah u need to take legal action bz I know some one who did apply around same dates is already processed for Cit ...take uscis to court ....if u sit idle nothing will happen ...