N-600K My son is completing 18 in May. I need help

And about the question of using a third person's check to pay the fee (a friend that has an US bank account)? What do you thing?
I'm having trouble to find a place that makes a money order from Brazil.They ask me the addres of the beneficiary and/or the account number.

And about the question of using a third person's check to pay the fee (a friend that has an US bank account)? What do you thing?
When dealing with US government agencies, you should assume they don't take third-party checks unless you see specific evidence which says they do.

I'm having trouble to find a place that makes a money order from Brazil.They ask me the addres of the beneficiary and/or the account number.

You can give them the same USCIS address to which you're sending the application, but account number? It's not a wire transfer or ACH, why do they want an account number?

Remember if it's issued in Brazil (or anywhere outside the US) it must be an international money order.

One more question: Wich is the fastest office for the interview? I'm afraid of choosing one that can delay my process.I don´t have problem about any place I just want the fastest way.I can go anywhere.

According to the latest instructions, you have to file N-600K with the central lockbox, not a field office like they used to allow. I don't know how much choice you'll have for the local office where the interview will take place. And there isn't enough information out there about people's N-600K experiences to determine which location is faster.

I'm sending to the central lockbox in Phoenix but in the N-600K form I have to choose a office for the interview and also a date??? I'm afraid about choosing one that can delay my process.Do you thing New York can be a good place? Or its better to opt for a small office?Can you give me a suggestion.Thanks for your patiency!!

In the older forms that I saw We don't need to do this option (about the office and date of interview) previously.Abbout the date:I have to put a date but what I really want to write is :As soon as possible

This latest version of the form has another point that I don't understand:I fill the whole form with the informations as I'm the petitioner,but the person who is asked to sign it is the child!!In the older version they ask for the grandfather to sign.

I'm sending to the central lockbox in Phoenix but in the N-600K form I have to choose a office for the interview and also a date???
Choose a date that is a couple weeks before his 18th birthday ... late enough to give them time to process the form, but early enough for him to complete it before turning 18 with a little breathing room.

N-600K is rare compared to N-400 and N-600, and there's just not enough information to determine where is faster. And with this lockbox processing they might do the "heavy lifting" at a central office before sending it out to the field office for the interview. Choose a location that is convenient to you and stop worrying about where is faster. After getting the certificate he will still need another day or two to get a US passport before leaving, so select somewhere that you're comfortable with spending a few days and nights.

This latest version of the form has another point that I don't understand:I fill the whole form with the informations as I'm the petitioner,but the person who is asked to sign it is the child!!
Where do you see the part where they want the child's signature?

Last edited by a moderator:
In the part 7 according to the instructions for the OMB No 1615-0087 ( wich is the latest version of the N600K that I found).They ask the child to sign if he has 14 or more.
In the part 8 is he signature of the preparer.

Can you confirm I am filling the correct version?This version expires 02/28/2013

That's the latest version on the USCIS site. Looks like this is the right one to use even though it's apparently expired. If it's not I don't know where you'd get the right one.

They generally accept expired forms for a short time after the expiration date, so this shouldn't be a problem even if there is a later version out there somewhere.

Today I managed to solve the problem of payment of fee. I get a person to buy a money order in the USPS and send it to me by express mail.

I hope they hid it in a magazine or put other papers around it, or used a private courier instead of US mail. Mail with valuable things like that has a high probability of getting "lost" when it goes through international mail systems.

Do you think it would be appropriate to mark documents highlighting the points that have evidence of the facts to be proven?

Ina act 322 n600k

hello,

I'm applying for citizenship throu n600k ina act 322 for my daughters passport on behalf of my father due to the fact i don't have all the requirments to give citizenship throu my USC.
My father was born in Cabo Rojo PR. my question is must he prove he lived in the states for at least 5 years as the law states or is Puerto Rico reconized as american soil therefore i dont have to proof to the USCIS he lived in the US for at least five years even ih he was in the army for about 20 years.
thanks in advance .
victor

Time in Puerto Rico or serving in the US military counts as time on US soil for this purpose, so he'll only need to prove his time in PR and/or the military.

I received a NOA on 04/05/2013.I've sent the application form on 03/22/2013.Now all I have to do is wait and pray! Thank you one more time.

Since there was no positive response even calling the phone for information, I decided to make an appointment through the InfoPass. I traveled from Brazil to the USA with my son for this appointment.
I think that was my luck, the consultation took place on May 1. I was very well attended, explained my situation, that my son will turn 18 years old on May 20th, and asked the officer if there was a possibility of advancing the process.
The officer who attended me, found the process, that was still in Phoenix, and said that they would manage the process to come to NY (the selected office for the interview), and it would take about 7 days, but it would still have to be appreciated and that he could not tell me how long time they will take to do it and not even that we would had a chance of the petition be aproved.
As I had managed to stay for 10 days I decided to wait. In May,7th I received an email asking me to contact the USCIS NY via phone .I phoned to the indicated number and the officer asked me what time we could go there the next day(05/08).
So I went there in the mornig with my son , the officer that attended us asked a few questions confirming the information provided on the form, and after that asked us to wait outside . The time she returned with the oath to be signed and then handed the American flag for my son ,we were very happy and surprised!!
After that she asked him to repeat the oath with her and finally gave him the US citizenship certificate.
With your assistance I could realize the dream of my son!
I´m writing to thank your attention to my case!!! Thank you very much!!

That's great news! Thanks for the update.

Now you can work on getting citizenship for your other two kids, but without the extreme time pressure.

What a great outcome. Congratulations to you and your son, Claudia!

Jackolantern, you da man. Your selfless dedication (and also those of others like you) to this forum literally changes lives. Respect.