N-600K My son is completing 18 in May. I need help

claudiabyrro

Registered Users (C)
I'm a US citizen born in Brazil,I want to apply for citizenship for my three kids.I didn't have enough physical presence in USA to be eligible to apply.So I'm going to do it through my father's presence and citizenship.I have all the documents, but I'm not sure where to send my filled form,and where is it going to be faster,because my oldest boy is going to complete 18 years in May,20.!!!!
What is the fastest USCIS office? Or I only have the option to send it to the address shown in the form?

Where to File :
USCIS
P.O. Box 20100
Phoenix, AZ 85036

To submit an N-600K via express mail or courier deliveries, use the following address:

USCIS
Attn: Form N-600K
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

You have to send it to the address shown in the instructions. Given that you're sending it from abroad and the urgency of the situation for your 17-year-old, sending it via courier is strongly recommended, which means you'd have to send it to the Skyharbor Circle address.

Include a cover letter for your 17-year old's application to point out that he turns 18 on May 20. Make sure no evidence is missing, because any missing evidence will delay the case. Even though you're applying based on your father's status and presence, you also need to include proof that you're a US citizen. And if you're married or divorced, you need to include evidence of that.

You have to send it to the address shown in the instructions. Given that you're sending it from abroad and the urgency of the situation for your 17-year-old, sending it via courier is strongly recommended, which means you'd have to send it to the Skyharbor Circle address.

Include a cover letter for your 17-year old's application to point out that he turns 18 on May 20. Make sure no evidence is missing, because any missing evidence will delay the case. Even though you're applying based on your father's status and presence, you also need to include proof that you're a US citizen. And if you're married or divorced, you need to include evidence of that.

Thank you very much ! And one more question: I have 3 kids ,do you think it's better to send it together in the same box or separetely? Do I need a proof of my parents marriage also?

Thank you very much ! And one more question: I have 3 kids ,do you think it's better to send it together in the same box or separetely?
Given the special urgency for your 17 year old, it might be better to send his application alone for now. Otherwise if they decide to process the family together it could slow his application down.

Do I need a proof of my parents marriage also?
Yes. If your father was married to your mother at the time of your birth, proof of when that marriage began (and ended, if they're not still married) is important. Without that, proving the paternal relationship between you and him gets more complicated. Similarly, if you are the father of these 3 kids, you'll need the marriage certificate to show you are/were married to their mother, otherwise proving paternity becomes more difficult.

What do you have for proof of your own US citizenship? Consular Report of Birth Abroad?

I didn't find my consular report of birth abroad ,I only have my passport.

That's OK ... a valid US passport is good enough for proving citizenship this purpose, given that for N-600K you only have to prove you're a US citizen at the time of the process, not at the time of your children's birth.

That's OK ... a valid US passport is good enough for proving citizenship this purpose, given that for N-600K you only have to prove you're a US citizen at the time of the process, not at the time of your children's birth.

Now the only thing I need to do is the money order.I will send the form and documents in monday.Let's see what happens,then I'll return to give you back up.
Thanks again for yor help.

Do you also have proof of legal and physical custody of your children? If you're still married to their other parent, legal custody is presumed, but if you're not married you'll need other documents to prove legal custody like the court order from the divorce or child support proceedings.

For proof of physical custody, you need documents that show they're living at the same address as you, such as school records. If your 17-year-old has a driver's license with the same address as your license, it's a good idea to send copies of both.

PS: I found my CRBA,and there is also the proof of my father's presence in the USA.
You mean the same proof of presence he used when applying for your CRBA?

Yes in the petition that I found now for my CRBA made by the US consulate in Brasil confirms the period of my father's presence in the USA.

I'm married with the father of the Kids .We and the kids live together.I'm petitioning based in my father's citizenship and presence in the USA.Do you thing I have to prove that the Kids live with me?

I'm sending for the USCIS:

-Filled Form N-600 K.
-Documents of my Kid (with the translations and the notarial service made in the consulate):brasilian birth report
-My documents:petition for CRBA,CRBA,a valid USA passport,brasilian marriage certificate.
-My father's documents:USA certificate of birth record ,valid Usa passport,Brasilian marriage certificate., elementary school diploma, a four year technical course diploma,a diploma of bachelor of arts from NYU .
What else do you thing is missing?

-

I'm married with the father of the Kids .We and the kids live together.I'm petitioning based in my father's citizenship and presence in the USA.Do you thing I have to prove that the Kids live with me?

Yes, you need some proof that they're living with you. If you don't send that proof with the application, USCIS will ask for that evidence and delay the case.

Include a cover letter to list all the evidence you included, and mention that your CRBA was granted on the basis of your father's years physical presence in the US.

Does your son already have a US tourist visa? If not, how long does it normally take to get a visa interview at the nearest US consulate? You have to start planning for that so he can get a visa in time to travel to the US to complete the N-600K process before his 18th birthday. But avoid scheduling that too soon ... he may get rejected if USCIS hasn't scheduled the N-600K interview/oath yet.

Yes, he has a valid visa in a valid passport.Do you thing that an invoice sent to me and another one sent to him can be the proof that we live together ?

Yes, he has a valid visa in a valid passport.Do you thing that an invoice sent to me and another one sent to him can be the proof that we live together ?

Probably not. What about school records? Medical records? His driver's license? Cellphone bills? Bank statements? Credit card statements?

Do you thing I need to translate it and also take to the consulate to recognize the translator's signature?
Any document that's not in English needs to be accompanied by a certified translation. The translation doesn't have to be certified by the consulate; there are numerous companies and individuals who are qualified to do that. Send copies of the original documents, but send the original certified translations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having trouble in finding a way to buy a money order here in Brazil.Do you thing I can pay the fee with another person check(a friend of mine that lives in the USA)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another point: Do you thing it's a good idea to send my son's brazilian passport with a valid US visa to prove that he can go to the USA as soon as possible?

Another point: Do you thing it's a good idea to send my son's brazilian passport with a valid US visa to prove that he can go to the USA as soon as possible?

No. There is no need to send a copy of his passport or visa, as it has nothing to do with their decision. They will decide the case based on eligibility and evidence, without regard to his ability to travel to the US. His passport would either be ignored or be an unnecessary distraction.