N-400 San Francisco timeline

First of all, everyone's case and timeline is different. But generally speaking (and from reading postings here on this thread), most likely you will receive an interview letter within 7-10 days after your FP date. And the date of your interview should be about a month from the date the interview letter was issued on. So, your interview should be around the end of October, and then if you are recommended for approval, then you have to wait for an Oath Letter, which also could take some time.

Loli,

What happened to your case, because the last I checked, you had mailed your N400 and you haven't heard from NBC? I think the SF area has too many people who want to naturalized, which is a noble thing, but they lack the capacity to handle all those cases.

Waiting for Oath Letter

My interview was on Sept 1st in San Francisco & I'm also waiting for my interview letter. From my research (forums, trackers etc) SF timeline is between 10 days to 4 weeks & it's very variable. Some cases for gone as long as 3 months for no apparent reason. I will update it here when I get the letter. Would request the same from others.

-Sam

---

smeagol12,
my posting was not an advise, and i apologize if you thought that it was. it was just a point of view gained from observing other forum members' postings on their timelines, and the shpreadsheet posted on google docs by the members, again. like i already mentioned, everyone's case/timeline is different.
Lolitochka,

I think you shouldn't give any advise on N-400 processing time especially after you said that every person's case is different. I applied for N-400 in March, FP in April, and interview at the end of Aug. As today I still haven't received any approval letter/oath ceremony schedule. I believe SF field office may be overloaded with cases; they are moving very slowly especially on the current cases.

Calgal21,
I don't think you can expedite your N-400 process since if you can do it, that means everybody will want their cases to be expedited. It's not fair, and I don't think it works that way. Begining process in the application is fast, since it's Phoenix office that processes the application. Once it moved to the field office such as for interview schedule, then it depends on cases load of field office. I have been holding all my vacation plan because of this, so you might have to hold you travel plan also. This process is not something that you can predict, trust me. Everybody is different.

still waiting, al, still waiting...
Loli,

What happened to your case, because the last I checked, you had mailed your N400 and you haven't heard from NBC? I think the SF area has too many people who want to naturalized, which is a noble thing, but they lack the capacity to handle all those cases.

hello, Sam,
were you recommended for an approval after the interview? did you try calling them, like someone here already suggested to forum members?
please, keep us updated, and good luck to all of us who is waiting to become U.S. Citizen:)
My interview was on Sept 1st in San Francisco & I'm also waiting for my interview letter. From my research (forums, trackers etc) SF timeline is between 10 days to 4 weeks & it's very variable. Some cases for gone as long as 3 months for no apparent reason. I will update it here when I get the letter. Would request the same from others.

-Sam

---

Yes, the officer said she was recommending me for approval & handed me the approval form. She said I could check back with the office if I don't get an oath letter in 60 days. However, if I don't hear from them in a couple weeks (as in an RFE) then my case was through. Also, that she is unable to give me an exact time frame for the oath letter as that is handled by another clerical/paperwork department. Hope that helps. Very psyched about this... Goodluck to everyone!

-Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick Question! I'm assuming that since I already had the interview & the officer approved it, I've passed the name check process successfully. Is that correct?

Thx!

N-400 processing times...

Just wanted to let people know how my case is progressing.

Mailed to Pheonix: 8/19
Received: 8/20
SMS/E-Mail confirmation: 8/24
Check for $675 cashed: 8/24
NOA received: 8/30
FP appointment: 9/15
Early walk-in in San Francisco: 9/10
Interview date: 10/27

Just wanted to let people know how my case is progressing.

Mailed to Pheonix: 8/19
Received: 8/20
SMS/E-Mail confirmation: 8/24
Check for $675 cashed: 8/24
NOA received: 8/30
FP appointment: 9/15
Early walk-in in San Francisco: 9/10
Interview date: 10/27

Wow, you are lucky! Your case is processing really quickly. I sent in my application to Phoenix on 7/23 and my priority date is 7/26 and I have not yet received my interview letter.

Hi all,

Happy to find such a wonderful thread to share with everyone about the citizenship experience. I am now still in the waiting stage for the oath letter after I submitted addtional documents the officer requested (N-14) at the interview. I had interview on Aug. 31 in San Francisco (marriage-based 3 year), passed the tests but needed to submit addtional paperwork which I did the right next day after the interview, Sep. 01. They received it on Sept.02. Since then, I did not receive any reply up to now. Can any one give some idea how long will it take to get response from them after paperwork submitted OR can I order INFOPASS to get an answer? Thanks.

N-400 San Francisco October 2010 oath date??

If anyone has received the oath letter of October oath in San Francisco, Please post it here.

Lolitochka,

I apologize for being so harsh on you. One thing that you said that I thought was misleading was the interview date. I had my interview date more than 4 months after my FP. So, I was waiting for a while.

My suggestion for your interview (after you receive the date), put 100 questions in your Ipod/Iphone/Mpeg3, and start listen to it like you listen to music. Guarantee you will ace your interview questions.

Anyone who had interview date at the end of August has received Oath Letter yet? I have been waiting for 5 weeks now.

smeagol12,
my posting was not an advise, and i apologize if you thought that it was. it was just a point of view gained from observing other forum members' postings on their timelines, and the shpreadsheet posted on google docs by the members, again. like i already mentioned, everyone's case/timeline is different.

Oath ceremony

I heard from someone who received his citizenship in July that there would be no oath ceremony until next year. The last ones in September. Anyone hears the same thing?

Thank you for the advise, I listened to the CD that came with the book while driving most of the time, and of course I kept reading the book:)
BTW, I already had my interview, now waiting for the Oath Letter, hopefully.
So, hopefully, it will come soon:)

Lolitochka,

I apologize for being so harsh on you. One thing that you said that I thought was misleading was the interview date. I had my interview date more than 4 months after my FP. So, I was waiting for a while.

My suggestion for your interview (after you receive the date), put 100 questions in your Ipod/Iphone/Mpeg3, and start listen to it like you listen to music. Guarantee you will ace your interview questions.

Anyone who had interview date at the end of August has received Oath Letter yet? I have been waiting for 5 weeks now.

I had my interview on 8/20, I'm English so the English test held no fear for me, other than the possibility of asking what she'd like to know. My various minor traffic offenses and two dozen trips to Canada and England in the last 12 years also didn't raise any more than passing interest. I volunteered that I wasn't certain of all the dates but that I had checked them carefully when I filled in the form and cross referenced my passport and blog to be sure so far as I could. She said she was just making sure I was the same person that filled it in. I guess I passed that part too. I avoided some wise-*** (eta: profanity filters remind me of one answer I shouldn't use, that the pilgrim fathers came here to escape persecution and impose it on others) answers on the civics test and apparently passed with flying colors. Well I got all the questions right and that's all there is to it. She said she knew I would, which was nice of her.

I didn't use the recording, I just read the questions and answers and kept going over them until I didn't ever make any mistakes.

She said I'd get the oath invite in 3-5 weeks, but that was six weeks ago so I am beginning to wonder what I did wrong. I didn't keep track of all the intermediate dates, but I sent in the application on May 2nd so even allowing for some slow post and them being slow to open it I am still almost at 5 months.

If there are no more ceremonies this year I am going to be irritated.

People who are waiting for the Oath letters in our beautiful SF area,
please, let everyone know when you receive it,
thanks and good luck to us:)

s. If there are no more ceremonies this year I am going to be irritated.

You should have made an info pass during the second week of September to put some fire in their behind.... Irritation is part of the filing fee, so you won't be doing anything abnormal as far N400 applicants are concerned.

Hi!
I filed the N-400 a month ago and the due date of my biometrics was Sept 30th.

today, oct 1st, I have checked the status of my application online and it says that there was a letter sent to me the 30th, which is the date when my biometrics were taken, that requests fore evidence.

why would a letter would be sent the day of my biometrics to request more evidence??

Please help!

Aldimiola,

Don't worry about it. That means your case has been transferred to field office. When they send you an interview schedule, they will list additional documents that you need to bring; usually they wants you to bring passport, travel docs, marriage cert., etc.

Passed interview with recommendation for approval on 9/7, still no oath letter yet. The last scheduled oath day in SF from the internet is 9/21. So, if anybody are scheduled to take oath after that in SF bay area, please let us know. Thanks.