N-400 San Francisco timeline

Can any one here share their FP walkin experience/tips/tricks for Oakland, CA?

Also, I just started my n400 journey today; here are the timelines
--------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath letter question

My wife had interview today; everything went smooth and she passed. after the interview, they handed over the invitation letter for the oath ceremony on 9/9,which was expected.

Her appointment was at 2:30pm; She checked in at 2:00pm; She was called by the officer at 2:35pm. Below was the interview process:
- Officer asked her to swear in
- He went through the application
- Verified the name, address etc
- Asked various questions from the application
-Asked for Green Card , DL, old & new passport

- He took the English test :
Writing: Washington is the capital.

- He took the civic test:
-What did the declaration of independence do?
-Name one branch or part of the government?
-we elect a U.S. senator for how many years?
-what does the president’s cabinet do?
-How many justices are on the supreme court?
-what is the capital of united states?
-when do we celebrate independence day?
-If both the president & vice president can no longer serve who becomes president?

- He congratulated her, gave an approval letter and asked her to wait outside so that they can give her the invitation letter for the oath ceremony.

They came out in 15mins to hand over the oath invitation letter for 9/9.
6/08/09: Priority date
6/11/09: Check cashed
6/15/09: NOA received
6/20/09: FP notice received
7/01/09: FP appointment date
6/23/09: FP walk in
7/06/09: IL received
8/31/09: ID -Approved
09/09/09:Oath

Hi Deep,

I had my interview yesterday 09-01. I passed my interview and test, but officer mentioned we will mail you oath letter within September or early October.

Sounds like the officer interviewed your wife is the same person took my interviewed. Same civic questions and written question.

I wondering why he didn't gave me the Oath letter at interview.:mad:

Hi Deep,

I had my interview yesterday 09-01. I passed my interview and test, but officer mentioned we will mail you oath letter within September or early October.

Sounds like the officer interviewed your wife is the same person took my interviewed. Same civic questions and written question.

I wondering why he didn't gave me the Oath letter at interview.:mad:

Hi PJsigh,

Dont worry you will get your oath letter within a week or so, If your case has been approved. Since its only a week from next oath ceremony, you may be scheduled for sep 23 ceremony. I had my interview on aug. 12 and the officer said i will get oath letter in a month but i got it very next week. Not everyone on this forum from SFO got their oath letter on the same day of interview. Recently i see some people getting it. next monday call 1 800 no. You will know about the oath status for sure. Good luck

pjsingh,

Congratulation! mostly you will get your oath letter for 9/23/09. Likely chances that there are lot of people for 9/9/9 oath ceremony & he cannot include you in that.

Interview EXperince with an Arrest and AC21

Hi All,

I had my successful interview yesterday.

Background:

I have and arrest record for a DV charge (which was dismissed and reduced to “disturbing the peace”) in 2000. I was very worried as I was getting varied opinion about the outcome. Added to that I had left my sponsoring employer within a month after getting the PR, which was worrying me a lot? I was dead scared, but decided to file for N-400. My IL came after about 45 days from my FP (reason: delay in background check). Got a Yellow letter asking me to get certified copy of the court records even though I had enclosed a copy of it to the original application. I was getting nervous with all this odds with my case.

Interview:

The interview date was 9/1/09 and I reached 20 minutes earlier. 2 minutes before my scheduled time the officer called my name asking me to wait at door #... to be received by her. Before even I reached the door, I saw a lady in her early 50s opened the door greeting me. She asked me to follow to her office. After introducing herself she asked me to swear to tell the truth and we both seated. Asked me to hand over all passports, green card and drivers’ lic. She started going over the application and asking me to confirm every single information. When she came to the employment history area, she asked me to specify the names of the companies that I had worked from the day my I-140 was approved. I gave the dates and names of the companies and was hoping that she would ask me about why and when did I leave the sponsoring employer as she could clearly see it in my application that I had worked only a month after I got my green card. Surprisingly enough she moved on to the next section. When she reached the section for the arrest etc., she asked me if I know why the court disposition says “probation suspended” as there was no probation at all? I had no clue to this and I said the only thing I know is that the charges were dismissed and reduced. I asked her if she needed the certified copies. She never looked at them and kept reading and examining few things fro the copy that was attached to the application. Believe it or not guys at this point she moved to the next section with no further questions. She asked me to sign in few places in the application and asked me to sign the photos, then printed out the civics qs, reading and writing sheets. She stopped after the 6th qs as I answered them all correct. Asked me to wait while she went out to photocopy my green card etc. Came back with a printed N-652, congratulated me and told me that as they are not taking any more people for the 9/9 Oath date, she will schedule me for a later date and I should get the OL in next few weeks. Asked me if I have any questions or else she is done with me. I was expecting that I will get a letter with “decision cannot be made” letter. So I asked her if the next step is OL. She briefly answered “yes” and accompanied me to the door and shook my hand congratulating one more time. The whole thing lasted about 20 minutes.
Well, I hope this interview experience will provide some moral support and some hope to the applicants with arrest records and AC21 cases. There is no doubt that every officer looks at the cases differently and I am sure they follow a standard guideline.

I couldn’t have expected anything better than this interview.

Good luck everybody and thanks for all who contribute to this forum.

items to be mailed with N400

hello,
i am about to mail my N400 forms and wanted to clarify if below is the required items..

1) N400 form filled and signed
2) 2 photos
3) personal check for $675

Please let me know if there is anything else that needs to be sent?

thanks!

My timeline too ...

My N400 timeline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Status:
09/03/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
09/04/09 : N-400 recieved / Priority date
??/??/?? : Check Cashed
??/??/?? : NOA Received
??/??/?? : FP Notice Received
??/??/?? : Walkin FP done
??/??/?? : FP Date
??/??/?? : Interview Letter Received
??/??/?? : Interview Date Passed
??/??/?? : oath letter mailed
??/??/?? : Oath Letter recieved
??/??/?? : Oath Date

My Spouse's Status:
09/03/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
09/04/09 : N-400 recieved / Priority date
??/??/?? : Check Cashed
??/??/?? : NOA Received
??/??/?? : FP Notice Received
??/??/?? : Walkin FP done
??/??/?? : FP Date
??/??/?? : Interview Letter Received
??/??/?? : Interview Date Passed
??/??/?? : oath letter mailed
??/??/?? : Oath Letter recieved
??/??/?? : Oath Date

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath Letter

Hello All,

I had my interview on Sep 1 and I got my oath letter today for Sep 23rd. This forum is great and very informative. Thanks again

Oath Letter

Hello All,

I had my interview on Sep 1 and I got my oath letter today for Sep 23rd. This forum is great and very informative. Thanks again

Hi AP,

We had a interview on Sep1 also, but I never got any letter for Oath. I am wondering WHY? :confused:

Hi AP,

We had a interview on Sep1 also, but I never got any letter for Oath. I am wondering WHY? :confused:

Hi PJ Singh:

Do not worry, you will get it in a few days. It must be in the mail already and you will get it this week. Keep in mind there was a holiday today for postal employees as well.

Originally Posted by pjsingh
Hi AP,

We had a interview on Sep1 also, but I never got any letter for Oath. I am wondering WHY?

I had my interview on Sept 1 as well, and haven't received the OL yet, but I'm not worried. I'm sure I'll get it either this week, or next week.
Just trust that you'll get it - you passed the interview, correct?

Oath Letter

I recieved the oath letter on 9/5 scheduled for 9/23. This forum has been a great resource for me since the time I started my immigration process, specially for people who have complications in their cases. I thank everyone who responded to my posts and helped me providing moral support.

Oath ceremony won't be a great experience to really talk about, but will end my journey in this process. I am sure everyone in this forum will see this end at one point. I wish good luck to everyone.

Thanks.