N-400 San Francisco timeline

mka said:
xsigmax,

My status has not changed since FP letter was sent out. It still shows last update date the day FP notice was sent out in June.

Same with me! Status was last updated 6/27, since then - silence. Is it normal?

Same boat here

PD : 6/12/06
Last status change 6/23/06
FP: 7/6/06
Silence since then............ playing the waiting game. I have seen people after June PDs getting done with interviews but some how it seems that I am stuck, dunno what this means.

murmur said:
PD : 6/12/06
Last status change 6/23/06
FP: 7/6/06
Silence since then............ playing the waiting game. I have seen people after June PDs getting done with interviews but some how it seems that I am stuck, dunno what this means.

Isn't it strange? So many of us with June priority days are sitting up the donkey's ass blindfolded. Look at my timeline, it is the same!
Soooo strange... :confused:

mka said:
Has anyone tried infopass for this issue? What was the outcome?

I think I saw messages from a few chaps who went to infopass and were informed that their namecheck is pending and that's why the delay occurs...
Do you think it makes sense to call the misinformation line?

Done (passport received today)

Timeline

04/29/2006 N400 mailed by registered mail
05/03/2006 N400 received by INS
05/10/2006 Check cached
05/12/2006 Notice date
05/15/2006 Receipt received by mail
05/16/2006 FP appointment received by mail for 5/23/2006
05/18/2006 FP taken electronically in San Francisco (walk-in)
06/20/2006 Interview letter received for 08/21/2006
08/21/2006 Passed interview
09/06/2006 Oath letter received for 09/26/2006 Masonic Hall SF
09/26/2006 Oath
09/26/2006 Passport ordered (expedited)
10/05/2006 Passport received (the one I got is not ePassport)

Time from application to oath - 5 months
Time from GC to citizen 5 Years 2 Months

Infopass

Hi,

Today I went to San Francisco office with infopass appointment. The lady told me that my FP was cleared and so was my name check done. She has this information only. I even asked her about the letter I received for adional documents, she said you sent the docs and its just for their information and records and I will be fine.

So I dunno when I be receiving my IL but atleast I am happy that my name check has cleared.

Thanks everyone for your suggestion!

Does SFO have Oath along with Interview?

Many DO have Oath ceremony along with successful Interview.

Any such experience at Oakland/San Francisco office??

Thanks
EastBay_003

EastBay_003 said:
Many DO have Oath ceremony along with successful Interview.

Any such experience at Oakland/San Francisco office??

Thanks
EastBay_003

I do not think so. For SFO I positively know that the Oasth ceremony is twice a month. I think its the 2nd and 4th Tuesday or some such. You can check the calendar of events in the Nobhill masonic center to obtain the correct dates.

FP in Oakland before scheduled Appointment Date ?

Has anyone on this message thread, done his/her FP before schduled Appointment Date at Oakland USCIS office ?

Please respond ASAP.

Thanks

Ag

What should I do?

Guys, I am a bit confused. It's been 4 months since I got my NOA, and a little more than 3 months since my FP were done. My case was last updated on 6/27, since than nothing... What do you think I should do? Schedule infopass, perhaps? I don't want to call the misinformation line since those guys never have anything to say that I don't already know. Do you think I should wait more (and for how long?) or go ahead and schedule this bloody infopass? Any suggestions/ideas?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go ahead and do the infopass. You will atleast get the exact status though they will only say that NC pending and wait, wait, wait. But, atleast you should get details of exact date when the NC was sent and the exact reason for delay to confirm as NC for sure.

You can still wait for 2 more months before scheduling FOIPA request and talking to the congressman, my experience says that if the NC is not completed in first 3-7 days then it is another 3-4 months. If not completed in 3-4 months (90-120 days) then you are looking at a longer wait and a congressman/senator's help may be needed get an attention to the file for manual check. This is just an observation based on reading the post and some of my experiences.

Good luck.

Dani said:
Guys, I am a bit confused. It's been 5 months since I got my NOA, and a little more than 4 months since my FP were done. My case was last updated on 6/27, since than nothing... What do you think I should do? Schedule infopass, perhaps? I don't want to call the misinformation line since those guys never have anything to say that I don't already know. Do you think I should wait more (and for how long?) or go ahead and schedule this bloody infopass? Any suggestions/ideas?
Thanks.

FINALLY!!! My case status was updated today and the online status had vanished today as well. Hopefully I'll get my IL soon...
So no infopass is needed. Yet... :D

Dani said:
FINALLY!!! My case status was updated today and the online status had vanished today as well. Hopefully I'll get my IL soon...
So no infopass is needed. Yet... :D

Just checked my status...its still same. :confused:

mka said:
Just checked my status...its still same. :confused:

MKA, I know how boring this whole thing is, but I am sure you'll get your IL very soon. All of us who have been wating since June are getting good news pretty much at the same time... With 1-2 weeks difference...
The case status disappearance might mean nothing, but it's still some piece of good news, because they didn't update my case since 6/27...
I wish you best of luck!

Congrats Dani. My case status is still the same. They have never updated since 07/19/2006, which just shows my priority date :( .... I went for infopass appointment and the lady told me that my name check is complete nothing more than that. So I dunno when will I get my IL....

No choice just keep waiting!!

xsigmax said:
Congrats Dani. My case status is still the same. They have never updated since 07/19/2006, which just shows my priority date :( .... I went for infopass appointment and the lady told me that my name check is complete nothing more than that. So I dunno when will I get my IL....

No choice just keep waiting!!

Thank you xsigmas!
Yeah, till yesterday my status was the same - your application was received on bla bla bla, we will mail our decision ...
I belive you'll get your IL soon as well!
Good luck!

gud luck Dani. I will keep checking my online account daily :) . You giving us the hope :D ..keep us updated :cool: