My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

July2006/Hidimba,

I went in almost 1 hour before my interview time of 12.25 pm and submitted my appointment letter. They did not tell me to come back later or anything like that. In my opinion, it is better to be there earlier (say around 90 minutes earlier) than cutting it close.

Good luck...

july2006 said:
Hidimba
I read in this forum that usually if you arrive at the entrance of the USCIS building more than 30 minutes before, they don't let you in the building and tell you to come back 30 min. before your interview. :(

Hi Hidimba/July2006,

Here is my experience (background: employment based green card, completed 5 years continuous residence, Priority date: June 2005, FP: Aug 2005, interview notice date: Nov 14, 2005):

appointment time: 12.25 pm, monday, jan 30th, 2006
arrived at: 11.20 pm, went to the room as per the appointment letter. Make sure you talk to someone in the room in your appt letter. Dont just sit there thinking your name will be called. Always ask whoever you see what to do with the appt letter.
presented my appt letter: 11.25 pm, a security guy verified my name, put a check, and gave me a letter to go to 1st floor and wait for my name to be called. went down to room 111
name called: at 12.20 pm (five minuted BEFORE my scheduled appt time, so watch out sometimes they call name before appt time, though they were running late that morning)
interview: 12.20 to 12.35 pm. Asked me to take oath very first, then verify my name, DOB, marriage date, and asked me to sign that i have not violated any law/lied under oath, etc. asked me about 7 questions on civics, made me write a simple sentence, and read a sentence. no problem. they ask you to sign your name in running handwriting, so if you are used to using keyboard all the time, practice writing using a pen, so your running (cursive) writing looks ok. then she gave me an Approval letter with "Congratulations, i have recommended your case for approval..." checked on. Then she asked me to wait with the rest in room 111.
oath call: then another lady came at 1.40 and asked me to appear for oath at 2.00 pm. Then the oath ceremony was over at 4 pm. went and immediately made a copy at room 100, where i also picked my appn form for passport and voter registration.

More after i come back to this forum in a few days. good luck all.

Hidimba said:
Anyone is giving interview before Feb 13th? If yes please post your exerience.

Dear areevg

Hi there
Thank you very much for your detailed reply. :)
I am glad you got it done without having any problems. :p
These days I don't really care about the citizenship as I used to because we just found out that my wife is 5 weeks pregnant. :confused: :)
As a reult of it, I am so happy and nothing can cause me to worry or stress these days.
Again, congratulations mate.
Take care

July2006

Congratulation.
You will notice one thing when you will apply for passport for your child. That it is so easy compare the misery we go through.

Take care of your wife. Everything will be all right.

Only 12 more days remaining for interview.

What is happening in my case

Dear All,

DOes anybody has any information what might be happening with my case. I had an interview on 1/18/2006 at 1:25. I was there about 1 hr early and they called me in after 3:30 and went through all the 6 civic questions, signed the photographs, wrote a line in English and read a line in English, and the officer was very courteous, and congratulated me for passing the interview and handed me N-652 that say I passed the test and "Congratulations ....". As it was close to 4 pm, I could not make it to the oath on the same day or the next as the person who schedules for next day have already closed their work.
One other member Shahidsan on this forum also had the similar experience just a day ahead of me on 1/17/2006 at the same Atlanta DO. But Shahidsan r'cvd the oath letter on 1/27/2006 for the oath ceremony on 2/3/2006. I still dont have the oath letter, does anybody know anything or in a similar situation. I was not told anything about finger print check, or name clearence or FBI check, All that the officer told me was that an other officer will make sure about the documents he had put together and a clerk will schedule the interview.
As I need to travel abroad, I really need to get the oath ceremony completed at the earliest, please let me know if you have any light in this matter

Thx

Go to the DO with an infopass and show them your ticket. I am sure they will do something as you don't have GC or US passpost.

Anyone giving interview before Feb 12th in Atlanta? Just curious.

AreeVg Congratulation. Do you have any more thing to share?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath from Atlanta DO ?

I passed the naturalization test on the 19th Jan'06 and was given N-652-that says congratulation, passed the test and recommended for approval. The old lady who interviewed me said since it was 2pm by the time she completed interviewing me she could not put me on the next oath that started at 2pm and she just gave me N-652 and asked me to wait for the oath letter. I asked when she said it should not take much time.
Since I have plans to travel abroad on 2nd of March and would like to complete the oath, I took an infopass for 25th Jan and submitted a letter for an early oath. I got a reply dated Jan 27 that said "you will be notified by mail when further action has been taken on your case".
From previous postings Shahidsan (interviewed on 17 Jan) received the oath for feb 3rd and Fellow Immig (interviewed on 18 Jan) is still waiting like me (interviewed on 19 Jan). This is just to share with all of you from my side.

TAGA,

Sorry to here about your situation. Hopefully you will get the oath letter soon.

BTW does this mean you don't have GC too? How you will travel outside US if you need to? Just curious.

Thanks

Hidimba,
Thanks for the concern
I do have GC since I will be gone the whole month of March I dont want to loose the opportunity of oath taking.
TAGA

TAGA

So USCIS didn't take your GC when you appeared for the citizenshipt interview? What did you do to keep the GC with you?

Advices needed~!!!

My PD is 21 July 2005. I have taken my Fingerpint on Aug 9 2005. However, I did not receive anything from USCIS since that. Several people that has PD much later than mine have got their interview notice. I am not sure what's going on with my case. Also, when I check my status on online, it gives me this message:

Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the app receipt number.

Are there anyone have an idea about what's going on? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hidimba said:
Anyone giving interview before Feb 12th in Atlanta? Just curious.

AreeVg Congratulation. Do you have any more thing to share?

I think that there could be minor variations from day to day. So, feel free to approach the staff at CIS to clarify any doubts. The citizenship related staff seem to be much much more polite, so they dont make a big deal if you do catch them off-gaurd. One guy next to me unfortunately did not ask questions and he waited in a room for 2.5 hours before he realized that he was in the wrong room waiting for his name to be called. He said he waited there because his wife had waited in that room just a couple of weeks before. So, things change on slight basis, so dont simply go by what you have read here, or heard from others. Ask questions. Especially the interviewers seem to be quite cordial and friendly (provided you too treat them right, of course!).

shahidsan said:
Hi Hidimba,

GC is ONLY taken at the Oath cermony, NOT at the interview

ummmmm... not necessarily true. At least not in my case. And not in the cases of a lot (most) of people in my oath ceremony. My GC was the first thing the officer asked for during my interview. Now, I don't know if it would have been different if I had not been able to take the oath on the same day.

vyshnya said:
ummmmm... not necessarily true. At least not in my case. And not in the cases of a lot (most) of people in my oath ceremony. My GC was the first thing the officer asked for during my interview. Now, I don't know if it would have been different if I had not been able to take the oath on the same day.

GCs are taken at the time of interview only if they knew off-hand that you'll be taking oath that very day else it's always at the oath time if it is on a later day.

Is it possible to take a 3 year old child to the center for interview and oath (since both parents have the interview at the same time)?

Hi arevvg - Are the civics questions from the list of 100 sample questions? Also, when they ask you to verify DOB etc., do they ask for birth certificate or affidavit?

Thanks.

Suggestions

Folks,
I need to travel on the 2nd of march and planning to get the same day passport with an appointment followed by Indian visa to visit India, only if my oath is scheduled within the next three weeks in Atlanta.
Here are my questions:
1. Can I go to DC Passport facility with an appointment ? Since I live in Atlanta, is Houston passport facility is the regional center for us ?

2. For getting same day Indian Visa, can we apply in DC ?

Your suggestions are welcome.

TAGA

TAGA said:
Folks,
I need to travel on the 2nd of march and planning to get the same day passport with an appointment followed by Indian visa to visit India, only if my oath is scheduled within the next three weeks in Atlanta.
Here are my questions:
1. Can I go to DC Passport facility with an appointment ? Since I live in Atlanta, is Houston passport facility is the regional center for us ?

Houston is your answer. You can get same day Visa in Houston too.
2. For getting same day Indian Visa, can we apply in DC ?

You can do it provided you can provide the local address, which is DC address