My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

counting the days now

i hope everything goes ok i am counting the days has anyone latley in jan feb received anything ????????????

processing times

Hey Guys I Almost Live On This Site Heheheheh Ok Here Is What I Got
If You Look On August 29 2005 Pan 123 Got His Interview Letter His Pd Was October 25 2005 And On October 1st Mikri Got His Letter With The Pd December 15 2004 Cici Got Her Interview Letter With The Pd Dec 22 2004 And To Be Citizen Got His Letter As Well On The Same Date And His Pd Is January 7 2005 So That Meens That They Doneeeeeeeee October November December 2004 And Started January 2005 In A Little As 1 Month And 3 Or 4 Days .that Is Preatty Cool That Meens If They Continue With This Speed I Should Get My Letter Preatty Sonner And Maybe Even Be A Citizen Already Sometimes End Of This Year Dont You Think ?????

tina 21
remember we are talking about the atlanta do here which has a bad reputation processing files fast so don't keep your hopes high
hope for the best expect the worst
:cool:

I am in the same boat(as tobecitizen i.e.):

RD Jan 07 2005
FP March
(Initial ??) INTERVIEW Nov 23rd

Docs requested for interview:
- The I-797C, Notice of Action Letter
- Alien Registration Card
- Any evidence of Selective Service Registration (I have none)
- PassPort, and/or any other documents used in connection with any entries into the United States
- Those items noted below that are applicable to you:
[If applying for naturalization as a spouse of a USC... (does not apply to me)
If applying for naturalization as a member of US Armed Forces... (does not apply to me)]
- Original's of other supporting documents whose copies were filed along with N400 as evidence

Hopefully a straightforward case for DHS. I have lived in only two streets in the US.

Hoping for a special ThanksGiving :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
july 2006

comon give the atlnata do at least a little credit they started working faster yes i k now that can change any minute now but i am confident hehehehe :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview, Oath, Passport experience

Hello Guys,

I had my interview at Atlanta DO on Sep 22 around 10 am. Interviewing officer was bit reserved but professional. First she made me take oath and then I was asked to be seated. She spent about 10 mins with my N-400 forms verifying everything with me. She asked me about the citations so I asked her back if the traffic tickets were considered as citations and she responded in affirmative. In my form I did not mention any traffic tickets but thanks to this forum, I took all the traffic violation details with me. Though, all she was interested in was ticket(s) issued in last 5 years. I shared that bit with her and she just updated my form with that information. Once thru with the form, I was asked about 6 USA history questions and was also given a small sentence to read and then to write.
Once done with this process I was told that I have passed the test but my final decision is pending for supervisor's signature. I was told to wait outside and after sometime somebody called my name again and gave me same day Oath letter.

Oath ceremony began around 2:00 pm. There were about 75 of us from all different nationalities and lasted for about 2 hours.

I needed an immediate passport so I contacted private passport agency which got me passport in couple of days for an additonal dollar figure.

Wish you all good luck.

Traffic violation details...

asafbu said:
Hello Guys,

I had my interview at Atlanta DO on Sep 22 around 10 am. Interviewing officer was bit reserved but professional. First she made me take oath and then I was asked to be seated. She spent about 10 mins with my N-400 forms verifying everything with me. She asked me about the citations so I asked her back if the traffic tickets were considered as citations and she responded in affirmative. In my form I did not mention any traffic tickets but thanks to this forum, I took all the traffic violation details with me. Though, all she was interested in was ticket(s) issued in last 5 years. I shared that bit with her and she just updated my form with that information. Once thru with the form, I was asked about 6 USA history questions and was also given a small sentence to read and then to write.
Once done with this process I was told that I have passed the test but my final decision is pending for supervisor's signature. I was told to wait outside and after sometime somebody called my name again and gave me same day Oath letter.

Oath ceremony began around 2:00 pm. There were about 75 of us from all different nationalities and lasted for about 2 hours.

I needed an immediate passport so I contacted private passport agency which got me passport in couple of days for an additonal dollar figure.

Wish you all good luck.

Congratulations asafbu !!!

Can you please elaborate on what specific Traffic violation details did you provide?(nature of documents would be fine, you do not have to me more specific than that) The reason I ask is that I am in the same boat as you were for the interview and would like to obtain similar document(s) prior to the interview.

Thanks for letting us know that the Oath ceremony is still on the same day.
Thanks

Any FP notice lately

My wife filed her N400 in first week of August but she has not got her FP notice letter yet. Is this normal? Should she contact TSC ?

Asafbu,

First, congratulations!!!

Can you please tell me which private passport agency did you use? When did you send it and when you received it? I really appreciate your reply, because, if all goes well, I will be in the same boat!

Thanks!

-Ila

Congrats - and Details

Congrats! That is great news. If you would not mind, can you post how many tickets you had in total and how many in the last 5 years? Reason is because I have about 7 tickets over 13 years (and 1 in the last 5 years). So, I am wondering if they will give me a hard time about this.

Thanks
-- Gaude

you all asked him the qoustions i wanted to ask heheheheheeheh wee congrats and thank you for letting us know :)

truthshines said:
Congratulations asafbu !!!

Can you please elaborate on what specific Traffic violation details did you provide?(nature of documents would be fine, you do not have to me more specific than that) The reason I ask is that I am in the same boat as you were for the interview and would like to obtain similar document(s) prior to the interview.

Thanks for letting us know that the Oath ceremony is still on the same day.
Thanks

Truthshires,
In my case I had 1 ticket in last 5 years, I showed her the ticket but she was only interested in citation number and the date.

Ila said:
Asafbu,

First, congratulations!!!

Can you please tell me which private passport agency did you use? When did you send it and when you received it? I really appreciate your reply, because, if all goes well, I will be in the same boat!

Thanks!

-Ila

Ila,

Passport & Visas etc. Please go to http://www.travelingdetails.com/

gaude88 said:
Congrats! That is great news. If you would not mind, can you post how many tickets you had in total and how many in the last 5 years? Reason is because I have about 7 tickets over 13 years (and 1 in the last 5 years). So, I am wondering if they will give me a hard time about this.

Thanks
-- Gaude
Gaude,

Well I had 1 in last 5 and may be close 5 all together. One thing I did before going for interview is to put together all my traffic violations and called those counties to verify if everything was paid and cleared.

Just make sure you guys go thru the contents of your N400. All the history questions were from the 100 examples so no big deal there.

Asafbu,

Thanks! I have question though:I called the service and they told me that I have to be there by no later than 4pm. What time was your ceremony over and what time you got to the passport place?

Sorry for so many questions, just want to make sure! Thanks so much in advance for your reply!

-Ila

Moving

Hi, I am a new member to this forum. I will be eligible to apply for my N400 in Feb 2006. I plan to send the application on the first day of my eligibility. I do have one question. I would like to move during the summer of 2006 in search of better school for my kids. Is it a good idea to give a friends address (who is not going to move for atleast 2 years) as my address in the N400 application? Please note that I will be moving to a new address in the same county (Gwinnett). Or is it better not to move at all till I complete the oath? During the interview etc, will I be asked to show proof of address which will be compared to my address on file? Thanks.

Ila said:
Asafbu,

Thanks! I have question though:I called the service and they told me that I have to be there by no later than 4pm. What time was your ceremony over and what time you got to the passport place?

Sorry for so many questions, just want to make sure! Thanks so much in advance for your reply!

-Ila

Ila,

I think it will be difficult to get there before 4. Oath ceremony went on till 3:30/3:40.
If you have the interview time in am, then you have a fair chance of getting same day oath otherwise they were asking people to come next day for the oath.

If I were u I wouldn't be so worried. These agencies can get you passport next day if you really want. You also have an option to travel to one of these places and get the passport directly from the source. Of course you need an appointment for that