My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

Thanks to everybody.

My wife also got her interview letter today. Her interview date and time is also same as mine. I am glad that we only have to make one trip to INS office.

Pan123

Statistics

God I love this site we could see how fast they are moving. Atlanta DO must have hired more people because they are moving much faster. Here is a little math. They were processing a file with PD date of 08/10/2004 on 07/01/2005 and they are now processing files with the PD of 11/03/2004 on 08/26/2004. This means that they processed 81 days of applications in only 57 days. My PD date is 07/21/2005. If you do a little math, I should be receiving my notice letter for interview in 183 days considering they move on this speed. 183 days would be 02/25/06. An average time between the interview notice and the actual interview is 53 days. So I will be American on 04/19/06 if they continue doing the interview and oath ceremony the same day which they started coiple months ago. Wooow this is really cool. Let us continue informing each other guys. I hope this helps some people. For those whose interview days is approaching good luck. By the way does anyone here know what the process is since i put on the application that i wanted to change my name? Thanks again. :D

Name change

From what I know, they will ask if you want to change your name during the interview - if you have this option checked. That means that they might not do same day oath for you since the name change has to be done through court. Hope this helps.

-Ila

my procwssing times

my RD was in feb 2005
mw fp was in april 2005
no interview yet :)
Anyone has any idea ??? :confused:

Rush Passport?

Hi all,

Does anybody know a place in Atlanta where I can get US passport same day/24 hours? My interview is on Oct 19 and I have a trip 3 days later (with 3rd day falling on Saturday). If all goes well and I will be able to have same day Oath - I need to get passport done quickiest way possible.

I appreciate the response!

-Ila

Ila said:
Hi all,

Does anybody know a place in Atlanta where I can get US passport same day/24 hours? My interview is on Oct 19 and I have a trip 3 days later (with 3rd day falling on Saturday). If all goes well and I will be able to have same day Oath - I need to get passport done quickiest way possible.

I appreciate the response!

-Ila

I'm afraid not. Only option you may have is to fly into one of the agencies location. But you do need an appointment and an airline ticket or iternary to show you are travelling within 15 days of your appointment. I think they return you passport on the same day. Atleast, this what I have learnt others can prove me wrong.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html

Thanks Asafbu,

The website only talks about services within 2-week frame. :mad:

I know that there are some places in Atlanta that can do overnight service. I just want to make sure I will get it in on time since I cannot cancel the trip at all!

-Ila

Hi everybody!!!

I have been anxiously lurking for a few months now. We are waiting for my husbands n400 interview. I'm so excited that someone in november got their interview dates. Hopefully that means only a few more weeks of waiting for us!!!!!!

PD 12/15/04
FP 01/07/05
interview?????

asafbu said:
I'm afraid not. Only option you may have is to fly into one of the agencies location. But you do need an appointment and an airline ticket or iternary to show you are travelling within 15 days of your appointment. I think they return you passport on the same day. Atleast, this what I have learnt others can prove me wrong.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html

Have you considered flying out of the US with your original nationality passport. You can then et a US passport from the American consulater abroad and use it to enter back the US.

This is what I am planning to do if I won't have time to get a passport here.

(Won't work if you are not allowed dual citizenship)
Yalag

yalag said:
Have you considered flying out of the US with your original nationality passport. You can then et a US passport from the American consulater abroad and use it to enter back the US.

This is what I am planning to do if I won't have time to get a passport here.

(Won't work if you are not allowed dual citizenship)
Yalag

Well Yalag,
In my case it just makes sense to just to get it directly from the passport agency for the same day service as I my present passport is about to expire.

In my case, my national passport already has expired - I have been using US Permanent Resident Travel Document for a while now. And I am afraid that I will have to give it up together with green card during Oath (if they do it the same day). Of course, I have an option of telling the interviewer that I have trip planned to postpone the Oath ceremony, but am afraid to do so because it might take forever to get the Oath - don't want to loose that chance!

I found a place in Atlanta that does 24-hour service, but also want a guarantee...They charge quite a bit - so they have to be efficient....What a dilemma..... :rolleyes:

-Ila

Ila said:
In my case, my national passport already has expired - I have been using US Permanent Resident Travel Document for a while now. And I am afraid that I will have to give it up together with green card during Oath (if they do it the same day). Of course, I have an option of telling the interviewer that I have trip planned to postpone the Oath ceremony, but am afraid to do so because it might take forever to get the Oath - don't want to loose that chance!

I found a place in Atlanta that does 24-hour service, but also want a guarantee...They charge quite a bit - so they have to be efficient....What a dilemma..... :rolleyes:

-Ila
Hey Ila,
Care to share the details of that 24-hour service in Atlanta? What guarantees?
Thanks

The place is called International Visa Service on Hammond Drive. They say you have to bring your Naturaliz. Certificate and other paperwork by 2pm and they can have it next day evening (for a decent price, of course). If after 2pm - it would be day after next evening. They don't have any guarantee, but I heard they do this all the time - so technically, shouldn't be any problems. I just want to make sure that I will get my passport on time.

-Ila

Private passport agencies

Ila,

After getting this idea of getting passport via private parties, I went to realpages.com and I found following is doing bit better on pricing but the best they do is 48 hours service.

PASSPORTS & VISAS ETC (770) 551-9292
7878 ROSWELL RD
ATLANTA, GA 30350

Anybody has any experience dealing with these private passport/visa agensies?

HEY
OK HERE IS SOME INFORMATION I KNOW PASSPORTS USUALLY TAKE 7 TOO 14 DAYS AND THE TOTAL COSTS ARE $92.00 . fOR FASTER PROCESSING YOU MAY REQUEST EXPEDITED SERVICE .eXPEDITED SERVISE WILL BE PROCESSECED WITHING THREE BUSINESS DAYS FROM RECEIPT DATE .YOU MAY AS WEEL REQUEST OVERNIGHT DELIVERY THE FEE FOR EXPEDITED SERVICE IS $60.00 + OVERNIGHT DELIVERY FEES .I GOT THIS INFORMATION FROM THE US POSTOFFICE WHERE THEY PROCESS PASSPORTS AND IT IS AS WELL LOCATED ON YOU US PASSPORT APLICATION .HOPE THAT HELPS . :)THIS IS THE MOST RECENT INFORMATION ON US PASSORTS THAT I HAVE AND THE ONLY ONE SO THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES ARE $92.00 +$ 60.00 + $$$$ OVERNIGHT DELIVERY .
VISIT WEB PAGE : WWW.TRAVEL.STATE.GOV OR CALL TOLL-FREE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONEN THE NUMEBER IS 1877/487/2778 MON THRU FRI 8 AM TO 8 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Mikri75 Please If You Could Keep Me Updated On Your Status Please I Am Right Couple Of Weeks Behind You .
Any Movment In Atlanta ???
Nobody Reported Latley Anything .
Please Dont Leave Us Hanging Keep Us Posted Please .

Tina 21 and Asafbu,

Thank you guys so much for looking for the information on rush passports!

Anyway, I called the agency Passports & Visas,etc. and they told me that they do rush services! If I can get to them on Wednesday after Oath - I can have the passport on Friday morning!!! They guarantee that I will have the passport unless something goes wrong with FedEx (knock on wood that not). Basically what they do, is put your name on emergency list (you have to call couple of days in advance for them to do so). Copy of the ticket is, of course needed.

It makes me feel a little bit better now. Again, thanks so much!

-Ila

no update?

It's been 18 days since the last update. C'mon guys there has to be some news please share with us. Thank you. According to my calculations, they should be mailing interview dates for those applications with the receipt date of around December 1st 2004.