• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My interview experience

If it was me I would of flew back!
Just to secure it .
In his case they will see all the in and out stamps
On his passport .so ........

Just to secure it .

This is what i am more surprised about because in both interview i told them that i dont have recent PCC from Nepal but none of them told me that i need recent one..even the lady who took my second interview also didnot mention to me about the recent one because i told her i have been to my ocuntry and dont have recent one. Even i asked her do i need to send it even though its date has been expired? and she had said yes send it to us along with the pass port so i thought it would be alright. I will also make and enquiry to embassy about this.. Enquiring Embassy is good enough?

This is what i am more surprised about because in both interview i told them that i dont have recent PCC from Nepal but none of them told me that i need recent one..even the lady who took my second interview also didnot mention to me about the recent one because i told her i have been to my ocuntry and dont have recent one. Even i asked her do i need to send it even though its date has been expired? and she had said yes send it to us along with the pass port so i thought it would be alright. I will also make and enquiry to embassy about this.. Enquiring Embassy is good enough?

Yes u should enquire it asap doesn't cost u anything

Just to secure it .

Would make more sense to me to see what they say first... If they don't accept it I don't think they would refuse the visa, just put him on AP pending submission of recent police clearance. It's early enough that he's got plenty of time to sort it out if necessary.

Would make more sense to me to see what they say first... If they don't accept it I don't think they would refuse the visa, just put him on AP pending submission of recent police clearance. It's early enough that he's got plenty of time to sort it out if necessary.

I really wish him that , but knowing the us consular services !!??????? MmMmmmm

Sorry but I am new and still learning to use the forum.

This question has already been adequately answered on the other forum you posted on.

Could you copy and paste it please. If I had seen it, I will not ask again.

I really wish him that , but knowing the us consular services !!??????? MmMmmmm

A missing document does not make you ineligible. We didn't have our police certificates yet when we went for our interview. Of course if you never send it to them you won't get the visa.

I find the section of the website on Nepalese police certificates ambiguous. It doesn't state that you can only get them in Nepal. However, it lists particular places within Nepal to have them issued and doesn't indicate either that you can get them from outside the country or list a central postal address you can apply to, whereas some other country pages do (the one for SA for example clearly states how you can get it from outside SA). This may be why the CO appears to be showing more than usual flexibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
A missing document does not make you ineligible. We didn't have our police certificates yet when we went for our interview. Of course if you never send it to them you won't get the visa.

I find the section of the website on Nepalese police certificates ambiguous. It doesn't state that you can only get them in Nepal. However, it lists particular places within Nepal to have them issued and doesn't indicate either that you can get them from outside the country or list a central postal address you can apply to, whereas some other country pages do (the one for SA for example clearly states how you can get it from outside SA). This may be why the CO appears to be showing more than usual flexibility.

I am very thankful to you all members for helping me out.
I have asked my parents in Nepal to help me in making new police report and My father is working on it and have sent him the necessary documents by scan copy today. Also i have sent email to US embassy enquiring about it. I am feeling much relief now. If they didnt reject and asked for latest report then I will have it in couple of days after my parents send it to me.
once again thank you all and i would post the reply from US embassy as soon as i hear anything from them.:)

I am very thankful to you all members for helping me out.
I have asked my parents in Nepal to help me in making new police report and My father is working on it and have sent him the necessary documents by scan copy today. Also i have sent email to US embassy enquiring about it. I am feeling much relief now. If they didnt reject and asked for latest report then I will have it in couple of days after my parents send it to me.
once again thank you all and i would post the reply from US embassy as soon as i hear anything from them.:)

Sounds like all on track then :) Great!

Sounds like all on track then :) Great!

My Sincere gratitude to you all nice people there..
Today i got reply of my email from us embassy in regards to my query of my PCC. they said in email that it depends on the decision of CO to approve my documents and if they need further documents they will contact us. I hope they would accept it or ask me to send latest one if thats not valid so that i can send the latest one , which i will get by next week..
thank you all.. :)

I had my interview today and I wanted to share the experience with you all. Little background: I'm from Turkey but I've been working in US for 4.5 years. But I chose CP instead of AOS to get GC faster.

The actual interview took about 5 min but we spent almost 2 hours in embassy. I can't say it is an interview, we had 5 min conversation. CO asked a strange question which is 'how I met with my wife?'. We got married in 2009. I don't know why he asked that question :)

Then he said that everything was all right, congratulated me, and explained that in 3-5 days they would send my passport with all the documentation and information needed. We are going back to home/US on this Sunday. I'll be around checking forum if I can be any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview today and I wanted to share the experience with you all. Little background: I'm from Turkey but I've been working in US for 4.5 years. But I chose CP instead of AOS to get GC faster.

The actual interview took about 5 min but we spent almost 2 hours in embassy. I can't say it is an interview, we had 5 min conversation. CO asked a strange question which is 'how I met with my wife?'. We got married in 2009. I don't know why he asked that question :)

Then he said that everything was all right, congratulated me, and explained that in 3-5 days they would send my passport with all the documentation and information needed. We are going back to home/US on this Sunday. I'll be around checking forum if I can be any help.

:) Congratulations!

Many congratulations...

:)