My GC replacement timeline (efile I-90)

e-filing procedure for replacement GC card on 14 years turned.

Hi teddybear.,

Could you give the procedure how to replace the GC card on
e-file process. My kid getting over 14 years. Your experience
we need to replace the GC card.

Thanks in advance.

E-filed I-90 replace: 10/30/2006

NOA Receipt letter: 11/01/2006

Biometric Apt. letter: 11/6/2006

Biometrics done: 11/16/2006

NOA Approval: 11/20/2006

GC Ordered: 11/22/2006

GC Mailed: 11/27/2006

Thanks to this board I learned that e-filing is the way to go! I was so nervous when I lost my GC, I'm glad I found this board...now I am going to apply for citizenship.

Good Luck to you all.

need some advice: i just lost my green card and I have a trip outside the country planed for dec 18 and return in jan 12

I was thinking to apply for a reentry permit in case I will not receive my card by the time of departure. did anybody experience this situation before?

Pay $370 and e-file I-90. You can pay using your credit card and you will get your receipt immediately. Use that an get an infopass for getting your passport stamped. Temporary I-551 is usually valid for 1 year, within which time you will get your new card.
Good luck, do not despair, but act quickly.

I am not a legal authority but just another lay man like you. Please read USCIS.gov for instructions.

I have filed I-90 to replace GC for name change due to marriage.

E-filed I-90: 09/11/2008
NOA Receipt letter: 09/18/2008
Biometric Apt. letter: 09/25/2008
Biometrics done: 10/01/2008

Waiting now...

I am under the impression that USCIS will send you a NOA Approval notice just days after the biometrics, but I still yet to receive that. USCIS's website shows that "Current Status: Case received and pending".

I also noticed that the timelines from this thread are from 2005/2006, so perhaps the wait time is different.

Could someone tell me how long after biometrics I should expect to receive the NOA Approval and GC? If I would call USCIS, would they give me more information than available online?

Thanks in advance.

I also lost my card and now trying to estimate how much time it is going to take to get a replacement. It would be great if people who have already been through the process share their experience regarding the following questions:

1) What is the average time-frame between e-file date and biometrics appointment date?
2) How long does that take to wait until getting the temporary stamp in the passport from the date of scheduling an appointment with Infopass?
3) How long is the temporary stamp in the passport valid. Here I saw quite different numbers from 1 year to 30 days. I'm confused about it.

Many thanks to those who find a minute to type an answer!

hello everybody, thanks for the replay. I did my biometrics on december 18th. I just checked my status and is pending.... Also it says that my case is with the National Benefits Center. Does anybody have any idea what does it mean?

I also lost my card and now trying to estimate how much time it is going to take to get a replacement. It would be great if people who have already been through the process share their experience regarding the following questions:

1) What is the average time-frame between e-file date and biometrics appointment date?
2) How long does that take to wait until getting the temporary stamp in the passport from the date of scheduling an appointment with Infopass?
3) How long is the temporary stamp in the passport valid. Here I saw quite different numbers from 1 year to 30 days. I'm confused about it.

Many thanks to those who find a minute to type an answer!

I e-filed on 01/30/2008, received my NOA on november 3rd 2008 and the biometrics appointment notice on nov 4th 2008 scheduled for november 18th 2008. Took the biometrics and waiting. I got my infopass for tomorrow morning to stamp my passport. I was informed that is valid for one year. Good luck!!!

I e-filed on 01/30/2008, received my NOA on november 3rd 2008 and the biometrics appointment notice on nov 4th 2008 scheduled for november 18th 2008. Took the biometrics and waiting. I got my infopass for tomorrow morning to stamp my passport. I was informed that is valid for one year. Good luck!!!

Do I understand you correct that you e-filed on 30-Jan-2008 and got your NOA 03-Nov-2008, i.e. in 10 monthes? :eek:
Or you mistyped and it was actually a 30-Oct-2008 (10/30/2008)?

same question

Hi gioanela, I have the same question, did you mistyped and actually efiled 10/30/2008?

I believe it was a typo.

I got my biometrics appointment. So the current times are:
e-filed - 25-Nov-2008
received NOA - 30-Nov-2008
received biometrics app - 08-Dec-2008
biometrics scheduled on 23-Dec-2008

e-filed - 07-Jul-2008
I90 - Wife Maiden name Change
received biometrics app - Some time in Aug -08
biometrics scheduled in Aug -08
Still waiting..
Has MSC Receipt number , but I believe it will processed in CSC as we live in Arizona.

Hi. I e-filed my replacement greencard application and had my fingerprints taken on March 13th but until now I still haven't heard anything about the status of my greencard and if they accepted my biometrics or not. Any advice?

hi
can someone please tell me how do you know when the card is mailed out because on the uscis website for " check my case status", it stop at document production
will they send a letter to let you know ahead when they will mail the card?
thank you very much