Registered Users (C)
E-filed I-90 replace: 10/30/2006

NOA Receipt letter: 11/01/2006

Biometric Apt. letter: 11/6/2006

Biometrics done: 11/16/2006

NOA Approval: 11/20/2006

GC Ordered: 11/22/2006

GC Mailed: 11/27/2006

Thanks to this board I learned that e-filing is the way to go! I was so nervous when I lost my GC, I'm glad I found this board...now I am going to apply for citizenship.

Good Luck to you all.

MSC Lee's Summit Missouri processed my request

Yes, they were very quick!

I was worried because years ago my sister lost her card and she had to go to Federal Plaza in NY, wait all day long to fill out a form and then wait 7 months for the card...before the days of the internet.... :rolleyes:

teddybear said:

Thanks to this board I learned that e-filing is the way to go! I was so nervous when I lost my GC, I'm glad I found this board...now I am going to apply for citizenship.

Good Luck to you all.
--------- was your GC employment based or family based??
were did you file I-485 in the past??
did you sent the supporting document after NOA Receipt letter: 11/01/2006?
or went with the supporting document on Biometrics date 11/16/2006

Last edited by a moderator:
My GC was family based from many years ago. I had one of the GC's that never expired.

So I never thought about it until I lost it.

Now I have all my stuff together to apply for citizenship and I'm sending it out this week.

I'm jealous!

Congratulations and I wonder why my case is taking so long...I e-filed mine about the same time, got NOA on 11/01/06 from MSC/Lee's summit. When I called the operator, they told me it could take anywhere from 3-6 month!

My GC is emplyment based and I got it back in 2002. Now my last name is changed, I just needed to get a replacement card so that I can change my SS and DL. (I went to SS office and they told me I have to change my name with INS first or they can't do anything...is that still correct?)

Anyway, I hope I will get something in the mail soon... Thank you for posting the info!

Wow! That was fast.

I e-filed on Nov 13. The online case status says that they reveived my e-filing and have mailed me a letter. I have not received the letter yet. My case is being handled at the MSC.

I have emergency travel plans starting Dec 8 and returning Dec 31. I went to Newark office for a temp stamping on my passport on Nov 30 (yesterday). Big mistake on my part! I got a 30 day stamping valid only till Dec 29. Those obtuse blockheads at the Newark office (hope they are reading this!) were adamant. They would not extend the validity by two days. I was yelled at by the powertripping supervisor thru the window. 30 days is what their rules and regulation says and 30 days is what I got. Which idiot pulled that 30 day number? Based on past postings in this forum, people used to get their stampings without much ado until very recently.

Lessons for all reading this, if you are getting a temporary stamping in your passport for travel purposes, time your IPass appointment carefully.

blore40 said:
Wow! That was fast.

I e-filed on Nov 13. The online case status says that they reveived my e-filing and have mailed me a letter. I have not received the letter yet. My case is being handled at the MSC.
-------------Is your case employment based GC???
Where did you file I-485 or the service center that approved GC?

I have emergency travel plans starting Dec 8 and returning Dec 31. I went to Newark office for a temp stamping on my passport on Nov 30 (yesterday). Big mistake on my part! I got a 30 day stamping valid only till Dec 29. Those obtuse blockheads at the Newark office (hope they are reading this!) were adamant. They would not extend the validity by two days. I was yelled at by the powertripping supervisor thru the window. 30 days is what their rules and regulation says and 30 days is what I got. Which idiot pulled that 30 day number? Based on past postings in this forum, people used to get their stampings without much ado until very recently.
-------------that is true now they stamp for less time but still few local USCIS stamp for 3 months or 6 months if go with I-90 filing reciept

QUOTE]

replacement GC was in the mailbox today!!!

Got my new replacement green card today in the mail. MSC put it in the mail room on Monday 11/27, postage mark was 11/28. Even with the bad weather in midwest, the beautiful card arrived 11/1 in a plain white envelope that looks like junk mail. Thank G_d that I read this board and knew what it might look like.

Don't throw away the heavy paper that holds the green card in envelope, it says "save this mailer" as it has your A number and a bar code, so heaven forbid if you lose GC again, you can use this as some kind of expedited receipt...

Return address was a po box in Lee Summit, MO I guess because they were my service center. White envelope says "return service requested" near postage meter mark.

I checked my new card carefully. They got my name right, but dropped the middle name. It used to be on the old card. I don't care cause my first and last name together is over 23 letters. They got the resident since field correct too. Totally space age in the back of the card! I had a very old plain card for over 15 years.

The MSC number you get when you file is also on the card.

Family based green card replacement took 28 days from efile to mailing with new USCIS system. (this is with Thanksgiving in there too!)
GC Received 12/01/2006
:rolleyes: Thankful here!

Replying to Ginnu.

Yes, mine is employment based GC, EB3-RIR. I did consular processing in 2001.

I went in with e-filing confirmation receipt that I printed immediately after e-filing. Still waiting for the letter.

Congratulations there teddybear!!

Only wish USCIS was so professional in handling all the cases.

Can you briefly explain how you biometrics appointment went on?

What were the documents you carried and what did they ask?

I also will have to do a biometrics appointment for a lost green card when I get my letter. Just being curious here!

answer for "what happens at biometrics appt"

here's what happened during my GC replacement Biometrics session:

1. showed up super early because my appt. (along with others was 8 a.m.) as doors opened. if appt. is later in the day just show up when they tell you.
(nyc experience here)

2. fill out paper that lady behind the guard gives you. bring pencil or pen!!!

3. make sure you bring Passport and Driver's license or State ID if you have it, passport most definitely, plus the Appointment Letter and whatever it asks you to bring.

4. make sure you are on the right line

5. wait for biometric 10 print measurements in the "right line"

6. make sure you lotion your fingers and moisturize fingers in weeks before the appointment. make sure to stop playing guitar, pause anything that messes up fingerprinting like too much dishwashing.

7. they look at your fingers to make sure you have no big cuts!

8. be nice to machine operator if you are getting the digital prints

9. check that your name comes up spelled right on that machine!!!!!

10. its easy and should be painless, good luck! they take your picture too.

teddybear

my biometrics were taken at the brooklyn location of ACS

had mine taken the 3/6 in the bronx and the ASC was crowed i'll say about 35 people. Now I am wondering if that doesn't delay processing.....were there many people at your ASC??

the number of people at the ASC does not matter, it is your individual case and the facts around it that determine your timeline. good luck.

replacement timeline

E-filed ------------02/08/07
receipt letter ----- 02/15/07
biometrics letter -- 02/24/07
biometrics app.---- 03/06/07
case approved----- 03/09/07