My asylum interview after 3 weeks

Hello, Alex987, Mr. Bird,
I submitted all my paperwork, application and evidences in 4 copies like my lawyer said, to him. He is going to mail them on Mon.

So, what you guys think? My documents include:
Application, 3 affidavits from witnesses: a judge, who was arrested because of my journalism activity - he gave me interview, my brother - who was imrisoned for 7 6 months after I left the country, my director - who witnessed the persecution and was involved in many incidents, copy of medical records showing I was beaten up, 4 summons to Police and Prosecutor Office, my 19 publications - certified translatied, my grant projects on human rights financed by US State Dep., my certificates from 9 countries where I have been and paticipated in inter. trainings on human rights.

DO you guys think they enough?

THanks!

Well, to me you have a strong case. But the stronger the case, the more the questions during the interview. All you need now is to master your case, let the story flow in your mind and have all dates on your fingertips arranged chronologically. You will be granted asylum depending on how you present your case during the interview. Knw that everything you have mentioned or submitted is a source of a question. so study your case and win!

Hi, ameristar79 , Mr. Bird and whipped

I have been working very busy that's why i couldn't answer right away sorry about that...
First thing is ameristar79 i believe you have more than enough documents don't worry, its gonna be okey, try to calm down :) i know its easy to say it...

whipped..... Thank u for your information it helped very much, i appreciate it

Mr bird, i believe you will be granted asylum very soon... I will pray for you..
And asylee2010 Your case went trough very fast you are very lucky, congratulations, i am very happy for u.

I wish the best for everybody...

Hi, ameristar79 , Mr. Bird and whipped

I have been working very busy that's why i couldn't answer right away sorry about that...
First thing is ameristar79 i believe you have more than enough documents don't worry, its gonna be okey, try to calm down :) i know its easy to say it...

whipped..... Thank u for your information it helped very much, i appreciate it

Mr bird, i believe you will be granted asylum very soon... I will pray for you..
And asylee2010 Your case went trough very fast you are very lucky, congratulations, i am very happy for u.

I wish the best for everybody...

Thanks, prayer is the best thing i need now. I'll keep you posted.

Hi everyone,
Receipt Notice = Biometrics Appointment Notice? When do we usually get receipt notice after we submit application? Thanks.. wish you all get approved.

Please help, I'm preparing first stage of Asylum Application. I'm in fear of Muslim treats in my country. Recently we are not allow to use "Allah" word to refer to our God! What type of prove I need to prepare to support in my case? I'm just came back from Europe and been travelling around Europe for the past 2 years (Legally). Before coming back, I went to NYC for a week on 1 time US tourist visa. Will that be difficult in my case application? I don't know should I apply at the port of entry (No US visa upon arrive in US) or apply a tourist visa to enter US then apply in NYC as an asylee (since I been there)? Anyone have gone thru your case with charitable organisation, any recommendation? How do you support yourself without working? (Note: I'm from a poor family, I need to support myself).

Hi everyone,
Receipt Notice = Biometrics Appointment Notice? When do we usually get receipt notice after we submit application? Thanks.. wish you all get approved.

when you submit your application, you will receive an acknowledgment receipt saying that your application has been received and the 150 days clock has started counting before you can apply for EAD (Employment authorization document). Then after about 30 days you will get the biometrics notice and then the interview notice after.

when you submit your application, you will receive an acknowledgment receipt saying that your application has been received and the 150 days clock has started counting before you can apply for EAD (Employment authorization document). Then after about 30 days you will get the biometrics notice and then the interview notice after.
Thanks for your information, Mr. Bird. After 2 or 3 days I submitted my application, I got a receipt which was written by me at post office when I filled up the sender and recipient's addresses. So is it Receipt Notice??? Plus, it has been 1 month and almost a week since I have submitted my application, yet I have got no notices. Is that normal?
Thanks for your time.

Thanks for your information, Mr. Bird. After 2 or 3 days I submitted my application, I got a receipt which was written by me at post office when I filled up the sender and recipient's addresses. So is it Receipt Notice??? Plus, it has been 1 month and almost a week since I have submitted my application, yet I have got no notices. Is that normal?
Thanks for your time.

No, that is not receipt notice. That came from the post office as receipt that you sent a mail through them. The receipt notice will come from the asylum office that you mailed your application to and it will be labeled IMPORTANT INFORMATION ENCLOSED. It will tell you the date that the application was received at the asylum office. It depends on the means you used to send the application. If you used registered mail which delivers the next day, you are supposed to have received a receipt notice. If you used the ordinary postage, it is not too late. They say if 30days have passed and you have not heard from them you can call to enquire about the delivery. I would advice you to call the asylum office with all your details in hand.

No, that is not receipt notice. That came from the post office as receipt that you sent a mail through them. The receipt notice will come from the asylum office that you mailed your application to and it will be labeled IMPORTANT INFORMATION ENCLOSED. It will tell you the date that the application was received at the asylum office. It depends on the means you used to send the application. If you used registered mail which delivers the next day, you are supposed to have received a receipt notice. If you used the ordinary postage, it is not too late. They say if 30days have passed and you have not heard from them you can call to enquire about the delivery. I would advice you to call the asylum office with all your details in hand.
Thank you so much. Your information helps me a lot. I will call the office tomorrow.
So getting that receipt from post office doesn't mean they are processing my application, right?
I am worried about something that since I have been out of status and am supposed to apply before 1 year after my arrival date, I applied the asylum 2 weeks right before passing 1 year. But I don't even receive receipt notice yet and it is assumed that my application has passed a year. That's what I am worried about. Any idea, Mr. Bird?
Thanks

Hi every body ,

I found out on my I-94 and my work permit card my date of birth is not correct .. What should I do ? Is it important ?

Thanks

Thank you so much. Your information helps me a lot. I will call the office tomorrow.
So getting that receipt from post office doesn't mean they are processing my application, right?
I am worried about something that since I have been out of status and am supposed to apply before 1 year after my arrival date, I applied the asylum 2 weeks right before passing 1 year. But I don't even receive receipt notice yet and it is assumed that my application has passed a year. That's what I am worried about. Any idea, Mr. Bird?
Thanks

Well, did you call the asylum office yet? If i were in your situation, i would keep the mailing receipt that you got as evidence that you had sent the application within the one year but never reached i.e if they will conclude to never have received it or having received it after two weeks which is not normal. Otherwise, i would advice you to make sure you have lawyer if they say it never reached within one year. Whichever the case, a lawyer is very necessary in asylum cases. When talking to them, don't ask them if they received it, tell them you did not receive the receipt notice. That way you will have taken the blame from you and thrown it to them. i wish you all the best.

Well, did you call the asylum office yet? If i were in your situation, i would keep the mailing receipt that you got as evidence that you had sent the application within the one year but never reached i.e if they will conclude to never have received it or having received it after two weeks which is not normal. Otherwise, i would advice you to make sure you have lawyer if they say it never reached within one year. Whichever the case, a lawyer is very necessary in asylum cases. When talking to them, don't ask them if they received it, tell them you did not receive the receipt notice. That way you will have taken the blame from you and thrown it to them. i wish you all the best.
Thanks, Mr. Bird. I will keep in mind your advice. I call them everyday but I always reach voice machine or voice mail (415-293-1234). Do you know any other numbers I can call?

Thanks, Mr. Bird. I will keep in mind your advice. I call them everyday but I always reach voice machine or voice mail (415-293-1234). Do you know any other numbers I can call?

Call this toll free USCIS number. They will ask your details and then direct you to the asylum office you sent your application. They will give you a direct line to that office, if they don't volunteer the number to you, just ask for it. call 1-800-375-5283 and follow prompts.

Call this toll free USCIS number. They will ask your details and then direct you to the asylum office you sent your application. They will give you a direct line to that office, if they don't volunteer the number to you, just ask for it. call 1-800-375-5283 and follow prompts.
Thank you, Mr. Bird. Your information helps me a lot. I called to the number you said and they helped me a lot. I resubmitted to the same service center and I've got receipt notice and interview notice 2 days ago. But Mr. Bird, I am supposed to do biometrics before interview, right? I don't get biometrics notice yet and interview will be soon. Thanks

Well, yes you are supposed to get biometrics done first. But probably you had your fingerprints taken in one of uscis office within the last six months. If so, they don't have to ask for another since they expire in six months. If not, just show up for your interview as scheduled. I hope you kept the post office receipt that you got when you sent the first application since that is what will help you prove that you had mailed your application before one year was over. If i were you In the interview, i would tell the officer that i had a postal inconvenience that lead to applying after one year, and i present the receipt to the officer with other supporting documents. It might help a bit. All the best!

Well, yes you are supposed to get biometrics done first. But probably you had your fingerprints taken in one of uscis office within the last six months. If so, they don't have to ask for another since they expire in six months. If not, just show up for your interview as scheduled. I hope you kept the post office receipt that you got when you sent the first application since that is what will help you prove that you had mailed your application before one year was over. If i were you In the interview, i would tell the officer that i had a postal inconvenience that lead to applying after one year, and i present the receipt to the officer with other supporting documents. It might help a bit. All the best!

I haven't done any fingerprints since I've got to here and I will wait for biometrics notice for 3 more days. And I've kept all receipts from the post office. Thanks for your advice. I will keep posting here. Wish all the best.