My asylum interview after 3 weeks

Usually they say, if The IO asked for more Doc, that means they will approve u, In my interview same thing happened and Officer asked me , my same paper to translate them, i did and sent to her. since august 11 i have been waiting for decision ..
Got be you...

Hi everybody, i am very very happy...Today i have got my approval letter...
Thank you for all help...
And good luck for all...
What is the next step ?

And good luck for all...
What is the next step ?

The next step is to apply for unrestricted SS card. Wait few days because sometimes it takes one week for the online verification system to be updated.

USCIS will send you EAD category A05 within few days. Take that EAD and the I-94 to the SSA office to get unrestricted SS card.

congratulations alex987!!! I'm so glad for you!

June 2010- Submitted I-589
July 2010- Received Receipt Notice
July 2010- Interview Done
waiting decision!

Thank you everybody :) i already have my SS. So now , i am just gonna wait until my EAD right ?And how about Financial aid ? Can i get it or i have to wait ?

Thank you everybody :) i already have my SS. So now , i am just gonna wait until my EAD right ?And how about Financial aid ? Can i get it or i have to wait ?

You don't need an EAD. All you need is an unrestricted SSN and a Gov't/State issued photo ID for employment. You can apply for financial aid right away.

thank you alex , I collected all my documents and gave to my lawyer to send to IO also translated some of my documents .I am really nerves about the decision.hope it goes well

Hi mafina, dont worry, its gonna be okey ;) i was very nervous too, everyday was very hard, i will pray for your decision ;)
God be with you..

Congrats!!

And good luck for all...
What is the next step ?

Wooow!!!! Am so happy for you alex, you have been very humble in this forum and been wishing you luck. I am so so grateful that u got approved. I keep waiting for my decision, pray for me man.

Hey Mr.bird thank you i am very happy, finally i am free ;) i hope you will have your approval soon... i will pray for man...
It feels great...hope you will get it..

Political asylum

Hi,

Can F-1 student being in valid status apply for asylum and get apporval? The law says if the applicant in valid status, has to be denied.

Were you in good legal valid status before you applied?

Thank you!

Its very hard situation i suggest to talk with lawyer, because i dont have enough information about that, as much as i heard from this website, you should not be in valid status otherwise you will be denied...
And No i was not in valid status...

Which law says that? I never heard that before! I applied to asylum, and I am in legal status in the US, and that's the case of several people in this forum who already have been approved.
the USCIS website says "You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status"
Some people says that if you are in legal status, the desicion will take longer. But my lawyer says that's completly false.

Hi,

Can F-1 student being in valid status apply for asylum and get apporval? The law says if the applicant in valid status, has to be denied.

Were you in good legal valid status before you applied?

Thank you!

Yes, you can apply for asylum and get approval. All you need is to demonstrate a well founded fear of persecution if you return to your COP. The fear, in your situation, must be brought about by a change in circumstances back in your COP leading to your fear of persecution. Otherwise if you do not prove the change and offer a clear justification, you will be denied immediately. If you are still within one year since you entered USA, you are at an advantage because you can easily justify why you applied F1 and not asylum in the first place. (All this information is available on this forum in different posts, read through all threads if you are in need of help)..

Hey everybody, i am trying to get cash Aid, but from where ? i couldn't find it, Do you know about that ? DSHS OR SS Office ? Or do I even get it ?

Hello, Alex987, Mr. Bird,
I submitted all my paperwork, application and evidences in 4 copies like my lawyer said, to him. He is going to mail them on Mon.

So, what you guys think? My documents include:
Application, 3 affidavits from witnesses: a judge, who was arrested because of my journalism activity - he gave me interview, my brother - who was imrisoned for 7 6 months after I left the country, my director - who witnessed the persecution and was involved in many incidents, copy of medical records showing I was beaten up, 4 summons to Police and Prosecutor Office, my 19 publications - certified translatied, my grant projects on human rights financed by US State Dep., my certificates from 9 countries where I have been and paticipated in inter. trainings on human rights.

DO you guys think they enough?

THanks!

Hi.
I believe you have more than enough. You will be granted asylum. I am confident.
Don't freak out during the interview. If you have solid evidence submitted before, an officer will not be pressuring you.

Hello, Alex987, Mr. Bird,
I submitted all my paperwork, application and evidences in 4 copies like my lawyer said, to him. He is going to mail them on Mon.

So, what you guys think? My documents include:
Application, 3 affidavits from witnesses: a judge, who was arrested because of my journalism activity - he gave me interview, my brother - who was imrisoned for 7 6 months after I left the country, my director - who witnessed the persecution and was involved in many incidents, copy of medical records showing I was beaten up, 4 summons to Police and Prosecutor Office, my 19 publications - certified translatied, my grant projects on human rights financed by US State Dep., my certificates from 9 countries where I have been and paticipated in inter. trainings on human rights.

DO you guys think they enough?

THanks!

Hey everybody, i am trying to get cash Aid, but from where ? i couldn't find it, Do you know about that ? DSHS OR SS Office ? Or do I even get it ?

Hi.
For Medicaid, food stamps and cash assistance you go to a local Family department. In my city it is called FSSA.
If you are older than 65, for supplemental security income you go to a local Social Security Administration.

Thank you so much for your reply. What would be a good reason to return after the persecution? Because one time I returned and got persecute again. I left the country in 11 days, cause I was so scared!

Hello everyone....
I applied on $27th August, did biometrics on 10th September, had interview on 23 September and recieved Approval on 9th November...Thanks all for your help and feedback on this thread and congrats to alex for approval...