• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Mistake while adding a child.

palina55

I won edv 2023 but..
We didn’t mention our big daughter 20yrs 9months in our original entry because of simple misunderstanding,(we didn’t calculate her age properly and only 3months remained for her to reach 21(which we didn’t know at that time) she was not with us while filling the 1st entry and we didn’t knew this would be such a big issue. We were even sad at that time that we couldn’t put her in our edv entry. We have mentioned her in our ds260 as a family of course. After getting interview appointment letter we saw her name as beneficiary, we were shocked and finally figured out that she was below 21 by 3months. We were disvastated because she could have also gotten her visa easily but we did such a big mistake. And again after researching a bit. We found that not mentioning her was a ground rule for disqualification. Again we were shocked a lot cause we didn’t knew. I have cried a lot regarding this and can’t figure out what to do. I thought i was so lucky winning this edv but now seems like nobody can get visa. Is there any way this will be forgiven by CO at the interview? Or should I just leave this behind and move on? If there is anyway i can get help regarding this? Please help me if there is a way to undo this mistake

Last edited:
Unfortunately failure to include all unmarried children under 21, regardless of if they live with you or not, as at the time of the eDV registration is grounds for automatic disqualification, there’s no way around it that I know of.

Unfortunately failure to include all unmarried children under 21, regardless of if they live with you or not, as at the time of the eDV registration is grounds for automatic disqualification, there’s no way around it that I know of.
Should i not go to interview as well, it's in coming April 12? It seems waste of money :(

I wouldn’t if I was in this situation, but it’s your call. You’ll have to make the decision you’re comfortable with.

My visa was not rejected. My older daughter's visa was rejected but we three(me, my small daughter and my husband) got it. I can't explain my happiness. I thought it was absolutely impossible but we got it finally. The VO was like god to us.

That’s some great news. It is indeed a miracle is all I can say. Congratulations and thanks for coming back to inform us of the outcome of your interview.

My visa was not rejected. My older daughter's visa was rejected but we three(me, my small daughter and my husband) got it. I can't explain my happiness. I thought it was absolutely impossible but we got it finally. The VO was like god to us.
My wild suggestion wasn't that bad after all. Congratulations!!!