May filers, Please post your activities here.

Hi Jmoy , did you hear anything from USCIS on your case ? did u receive FP notice . Please update the same .

san_usa - I've just now returned to the boards after 2 weeks out of the country so it's now that I am able to respond.

We received the FP notice today, 7/9. FP is scheduled for 7/23.

On 6/28, I called USCIS to inquire about the FP Notice. Was told that I needed to have my parents on the phone with me to give consent to request for the FP Notice. My parents then called back USCIS and requested for the FP Notice themselves. They were told to expect the FP Notice within 3-5 days. If they don't receive it within that timeframe, they were asked to call back.

On 7/7, we called USCIS again to inquire. We were told that there was no movement on the 6/28 request yet. When we asked if the request can be expedited, we were told that we cannot make another request until 30 days after 6/28. We were also told that on 6/28, we SHOULD HAVE filed an EXPEDITED request so that we could be eligible to request AGAIN in 5 days. This was frustrating because the 6/28 agent had already told my parents to call back within 5 days (we even waited longer than 5 days), but the 7/7 agent told us that the 6/28 request was NOT an expedited one.

So much to our surprise, we got the FP Notice in the mail today. I don't know if this FP Notice is from an original mailing (prior to the 6/28 request) or the one from the 6/28 request.

'Hope that helps somehow. :-0

My case is so funny and its a serious situation but I just cant help but find the humour on it. First situation missed my Biometric appointment which was scheduled for May 20 but received the notification on May 29...Did it on June 1st. Next I received a text and email for an RFE on the 18th of May...did not receive that mail either...called USCIS constantly about not receiving mail...they emailed me again to tell me mail was undeliverable on June 2..given the fact that I live in an apartment with a designated mailbox and I was at home...still in awe about the undeliverable part....Called them June 2 (DAY 1) and said they had put in a service request to resend mail to same address... called again Day 15 they said I had to wait 30 days before I call them again as there was nothing they could tell me then....called again June 29...Day 28..talked with and IO and she said that they had mailed out the notice that said day...Of course it had to be on the holiday weekend received the notice on July 6 for an RFE responded to the RFE on the 8th...Now I am waiting to see what weird thing can happen next....The thing I dont get is that they have the correct address on file and they I had received the receipts the Biometrics and my regular mail so hmmmmmmm.......

Dallas Filer
5/1/10 -Mailed I-130, I-485, I-864EZ, I-765, I-131, I-693 and G-325A to Chicago IL
5/4/10 -Application rec'd and signed for.
5/12/10-Receipts for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 received in the mail.
6/4/10 -Finger print notice received (schedule for 6/28/10).
6/28/10-Finger print completed.
7/12/10-EAD card production ordered.
7/13/10-I-131 approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas Filer
5/1/10 -Mailed I-130, I-485, I-864EZ, I-765, I-131, I-693 and G-325A to Chicago IL
7/13/10-I-131 approved.
7/14/10-Interview Letter received (Schedule for 8/17/10)

Did everyone receive their FP notices? I have yet to receive mine. Should I call, or is it to early? (dates on signature) Thanks

So I called USCIS inquiring about the Biometrics notice and they sent a request to the office that has my case and ask that I contact them after 45 days if I don't get the Fingerprints letter. This kinda sucks as I've been waiting for the fingerprints notice for the past 2 months. I hope my case is not gonna be one of those that takes forever!!! So the waiting game starts again for me :(

Hello everybody, AOS interview for my wife is on 8/24. Now we just have to wait for the kids process (CP), hopefully it'll be fast and smooth.

Thanks

Dallas Filer
7/13/10-I-131 approved.
7/14/10-Interview Letter received (Schedule for 8/17/10)
7/26/10-EAD received.

Update:-

5/17/10 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131, I-693 and G-325A(spouse and child) to Chicago IL
5/18/10- Delivered(received receipt, Express mail)
5/22/10- Email notification received.
5/24/10- checks cashed
6/1/10- Biometrics appt letter received
6/10/10- Walk in Biometrics done.
6/11/10- LUD
6/19/10- Interview letter received
7/20/10- interview AOS approved
7/22/10- I-131, EAD approved
7/26/10- NOA for approval received

We went to our interview today. 10 minutes. Approved. It is very important that when you submit the documents everything is in order. The interviewer said he reviewed the documents and everything was in order and completed, asked if we had any additional proof of the marriage, we had some auto insurance bills and health ins with both our names and address, I told him we did not have a bank account together, he understood. He gave me the paper where it stated that I was approved and said that I would received the card in about 3 weeks.
Thank you all on this forum, it was helpful to see the time line of those that filed at the same time we did. Good luck to everybody.

We went to our interview today. 10 minutes. Approved. It is very important that when you submit the documents everything is in order. The interviewer said he reviewed the documents and everything was in order and completed, asked if we had any additional proof of the marriage, we had some auto insurance bills and health ins with both our names and address, I told him we did not have a bank account together, he understood. He gave me the paper where it stated that I was approved and said that I would received the card in about 3 weeks.
Thank you all on this forum, it was helpful to see the time line of those that filed at the same time we did. Good luck to everybody.

congrats!!!!

I haven't even received a fingerprinted notice while you guys already got your interviews. I'm starting to get worried, why is my case so slow? :(

my update and few questions

hey guys i submitted my AOS papers on 5/17 and i got RFE on 6/14 saying that i need to have a joint sponser.So i responded to the RFE on 7/14 which they recieved on 7/16 and i am worried that they will approve or not.But yeah i got the 'appointment for initial interview on 8/9 where my interview is on 9/9'.since i got the interview letter 'can i imagine that my i-485 went through and shouldnot worry abt anymore rfe's' and i am desperately waiting for my Work Permit and 'how long it will take to get the work permit' and i am checking every day online for the case status but it alway says that I 485 is on response for ROE review and i 765 on initial review and i 130 on initial review. why it is not showing online that i got the interview letter and 'how long it will take to get updated online'.

Those who already had interview: can you please share your interview experience? How long was it and what did they ask etc.?
Thanks a lot!