May filers, Please post your activities here.

Rabin

Registered Users (C)
MY suggestion on how to file base on my experience for a spouse who is inside the u.s.

Concurrent Filing.

(1) Fill out and submitted forms I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-693, G-325A ( note: I-693 Report of medical is valid for one year )

(2) If you need to be notified by e-mail about action taken on your application, send form G-1145.

(3) If you need to leave the U.S. and re-enter before your process is finished, you will need to submit form I-131 ( Application for travel document).

(4) Read all the instructions Send photo copies of all required documents as per your check list unless originals are required. Photo copy back and front of documents. (e.g. These are only some of the supporting documents, you need to read all instructions (a)Copy of the Full Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of pages of the US Citizen's passport. This is used to establish citizenship, (b) A copy of petitioner's proof of naturalization, (c) Very important, A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate and/or passport along with English translation. (If in any language other than English), (d) A certified copy of your certified marriage certificate (again, translated if not in English), (e) A copy of a prior spouse's death certificate. (If filing for a spouse, and one or both have you were married before, and the prior spouse died) , (f) A certified official copy of the petitioner's and/or intending immigrant's divorce documents. (If one or both of you have been divorced before), (g) Evidence of a bonafide marriage --eg.copies of joint bills, bank statements,credit cards, joint tenancy of a common residency,Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of your marriage, you can also include pictures or take them at you interview etc.

(5) (a) Passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag. (b) passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign spouse. Write the full name of the beneficiary on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag.

(6) Don't forget to sign all forms when required and send the correct fees for all the applications

(7) Cover Letter. Should include a description of what you are petitioning for and a list of the things you have in the package, also date and sign the letter.

(8) It is best to send all the evidence you have to support your application to reduce any RFE which will result in delays,Good Luck everyone.

Just trying to help, I am a January self filer.

This is not legal advice, I am neither a lawyer nor an immigration consultant in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:
5/1/10 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-864EZ, I-765, I-131, I-693 and G-325A to Chicago IL
5/4/10 - Application rec'd and signed for.
5/12/10-Receipts for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 received in the mail.

Wife on Green Card filled I-130 for me (on H-1B)

5/1/10 - Mailed I-130 (approval), I-485, I-864, I-765, I-693, G-325A and G-1145 via express mail to Chicago IL
5/3/10 - package delivered and signed for
5/7/10 - E-mail confirmation notification received
5/8/10 - Check Cashed
5/11/10 - Receipts received in mail (I-765 rejection due to expired form version, have to re-submit the current i-765 form)
5/12/10 - Mailed the current version I-765
5/17/10 - Received Finger Printing notice (485) for 6/9
5/28/10 - Received RFE, asking for 12 months of bank statements
6/1/10 - Received Finger Printing notice (765)
6/9/10 - Finger Prints done
6/22/10 - Got Travel Parol
7/30/10 - Interview letter received for 8/31
8/9/10 - Received EAD

04/30/10 - Mailed I-130 (approval), I-485, I-864EZ, I-765, I-131, I-693, G-325A and G-1145 to Chicago IL
05/05/10 - Package delivered

mailed forms April 26th but got confirmation May 3, 2010 so I guess that makes me a May filer..

5/1/10 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-864EZ, I-765, I-131, I-693 and G-325A to Chicago IL
5/4/10 - Application rec'd and signed for.
5/12/10-Receipts for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 received in the mail.

my siggy is updated.
mailed mine may 1, 2010
i-130 mailed -may 1, 2010 [day 1]
i-130 received -may 3, 2010 [day 3]
i-130 notice date -may 7, 2010 [day 7]
i-130 notice of action received by me may 13, 2010 [day 13]

good luck to may filers

Still awaiting my Biometrics letter...seems like Hi755 and I are on the same time length hopefully I get my today or tomorrow...

Goodluck to everyone!!!

Hello,

I applied my I130 to the Chicago PO box on May 3rd, 2010. Per the USPS website, it was delivered on May 5th, 2010. So far ,the checks have not been cashed. It's been about 10 days now. Can i contact someone. Or should I wait for a few more days?

Thanks

weird.. for some reason only TXT messages rcvd.. no email.. checked spam.. none there.. also checked the copy of form 1145... email add is correct!
anyone else experienced this?

FYI.. updated signature..

weird.. for some reason only TXT messages rcvd.. no email.. checked spam.. none there.. also checked the copy of form 1145... email add is correct!

FYI.. updated signature..

Hi gc_123,
Wait a couple more days then call customer service and verify if they had received the forms. Hopefully you will get a response today.

FYI.. updated signature..[/QUOTE

Hi
I am not sure if anyone in our group has experienced this but once you received the text messages everything should be okay. Maybe USCIS made an error when sending out the emails because I received text messages and email together. What you can do is once you have gotten your receipts check your case status online and then update your email address. This will ensure that you have no futher problems in receiveing emails from them.

Good luck!!!

I have a slightly similar situation. My application was received on 5/4/10 and all the receipts were received on 5/12/10. However, I am unable to view my case online. All my receipt numbers shows the following message:

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Is this normal or do I just need to give it some time? Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.