March 2011 Filers

Its a new program effective May 2nd 2011. Headline USCIS Improves Delivery of Immigration Documents through Secure Mail Initiative
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=79ecdd8ae14af210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD
AFAIK from having multiple EAD cards in the past, the mailing that it comes with is just regular USPS so there isn't a tracking number associated with it. It may have been that their "system" was updated to reflect the returned EAD just before you made the second call.

USCIS Improves Delivery of Immigration Documents through Secure Mail Initiative

May 2, 2011

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has fully implemented the Secure Mail Initiative (SMI), which uses U.S. Postal Service (USPS) Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation to deliver certain immigration documents in a safe, secure and timely manner.

Made possible by a partnership between USCIS and the USPS, the SMI enables USCIS to confirm delivery of permanent resident cards and documents pertaining to travel and employment authorization. With USPS tracking information, USCIS customers can easily stay up-to-date on the delivery status of their documents and USCIS can confirm that these essential documents were delivered to the proper address.

SMI provides USCIS customers many benefits, including:

The ability to track the status of their documents with USPS tracking information
Quicker delivery—on average, documents sent through USPS Priority Mail should arrive two to four business days sooner than with first-class mail
Customers who receive notices of approval can contact USCIS’s Customer Service Center at 800-375-5283 to request tracking information for their documents. USCIS customer service representatives will provide customers with their USPS tracking number and current USPS delivery status

Customers should wait at least two weeks after getting their approval notice before calling for information regarding their cases. When requesting tracking information, customers must also provide information from the receipt notice they received when they submitted their initial application. After receiving the tracking number from the USCIS Customer Service Center, customers can track the delivery status by visiting the Postal Service website at www.usps.com and entering the USPS tracking number into the Track & Confirm field.

SMI was one of several enhancements resulting from USCIS’s 2007 final fee schedule. USCIS first piloted the initiative in July 2008, delivering all re-entry permits and refugee travel documents using USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. USCIS has also used SMI processes since July 2009 for re-mailing all permanent residence cards, as well as employment authorization and travel documents returned by the USPS to USCIS as undeliverable.

Noella, from the USCIS webiste I believe the Dallas office is processing December 2010 cases, wouldn't that imply there is about 2 months worth of applocation ahead of you? damn, why is the Dallas office so slow? Houston is doing it in 3 months flat, Chicago did it in about 2 months for some people on this forum...grrr...anyone with views/news about the Dallas office, please chime in :)

I am not sure if that form, G-1145, makes application trackable faster.
I don't think that it makes the application trackable faster but in most cases (emphasis on most) if you attach form G-1145 to your application, USCIS Emails you your receipt number when they process you for a receipt. In that regard, you don't have to wait for the receipt to arrive in the mail to attempt to check the status. As far as the case status being available on CRIS that happens when it happens G-1145 has nothing to do with that

I don't think that it makes the application trackable faster but in most cases (emphasis on most) if you attach form G-1145 to your application, USCIS Emails you your receipt number when they process you for a receipt. In that regard, you don't have to wait for the receipt to arrive in the mail to attempt to check the status. As far as the case status being available on CRIS that happens when it happens G-1145 has nothing to do with that

I almost tend to think that it may be slowing things down. It's just one more thing for USCIS to do, which possibly wastes another 1 min (or 10 seconds) they can spend on another application... And considering the number of applications they process, even 10 seconds can add up.

hello all,
it seems like this thread is fading away. well my interview is in 48hrs and looking at all the documents i have, it looks like its mostly what i sent them they are asking for again. i have decided to take the originals and also made copies for their record if needed. will keep all posted

GC Approved

Hi All,

We had our interview today and it was quick and easy:) Our appointment time was 9:30 AM and we got in the waiting room at 9:00 AM. We waited for a little more than an hour and it was pretty hot inside the waiting room. Our interview lasted about ten minutes. The lady was very nice and she went through documents she had in our case and asked me to show her my passport. She took my I-94 form. My husband and I were divorced before, so she asked us questions to confirm whom we were married with before. She asked me some questions on I-485 form very quickly; and no additional question was asked at all. She asked us to show her some documents to prove we were living together. We showed some statements of our joined bank accounts and electricity bill, which she took and put in our case file. We had life insurance for each other, but she did not want to see them. She then asked us to show her some photos. We took forty four photos and she picked up a few to put in our case file. She told us that my GC was approved and I would receive my GC in ten to fifteen days. I was surprised it was so easy and she did not even check my husband's passport or other ID. We brought a lot of documents and their copies, but they were not used.

I received the email notice that they ordered production of my new card when I returned home.

Hope everyone will have a quick and easy interview :)

@Fion,
Congrats.......... my interview is on Wednesday, i pray mine goes as smooth as yours. i have made copies of all the documents we are taking with us plus the originals. we seem to have sent them everything with the application already but will take it along. Congrats once again.

@Fion,
Congrats.......... my interview is on Wednesday, i pray mine goes as smooth as yours. i have made copies of all the documents we are taking with us plus the originals. we seem to have sent them everything with the application already but will take it along. Congrats once again.

Hey I am also going to be in the Baltimore office. I also sent a lot of stuff with the original application. I sent out my package today. Good luck!

@Fion,

Thanks so much, sexybaby :)

Hope you a quick and easy interview.

i went for my interview today and my case was approved. I give all the Glory to God and wish everyone else Goodluck with their interview. i will post details of the interview shortly.

i went for my interview today and my case was approved. I give all the Glory to God and wish everyone else Goodluck with their interview. i will post details of the interview shortly.

Wow! Congrats, yes to Him be the Glory. I will also be interviewing in Baltimore soon.

Congrats hopefully I will be able to post a similar story in a few days here. I have an interview at Atlanta DO on July 26th. Glory be to God. Do post a detailed description of the interview when you can.

@sexybaby..CONGRATS! That is wonderful news. Please tell me what items took and how the interview went. What did they look at? I am anxious to hear as I have my interview August 1.