March 2011 Filers

Another thing---

Don't know if this matters but the green card expires on 8/05/2021!

Does this mean it's not a temporary one? I can't believe they gave us a 10 year card! Anyone else have one of these bad boys??

So we had our interview 3 weeks ago at the end of this ordeal the IO said to me that we will get the decision in the mail. Well it all started off well till the IO decide that we should be separated. After a bunch of questions, the IO then question my wife a couple times, then me again. After everything was done we left. We called customer service and was told that an RFE was sent out, we never got it so they put in a service request for another one to be sent out. A few days ago it came reading something like this:

Request for Initial Evidence (I-485) - It says:

This office is unable to complete the processing of your application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, (Form I-485) without initial information. Submit "ALL" the infomation requested below at one time. Failure to do so will result in a denial. You must submit the information within 87 days to Homeland Security's address (as given).

This Service will process your Form I-765, application for Employment Authorization (If submitted) within 90 days of the receipt of your missing initial evidence.

*In order to process your application further, the joint sponsor on Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, must submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2s, 1099s, etc) submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for the most recent tax year.

So in short they want me to send them my I-864 documents, which we had initially submitted when we filled for AOS.
Has anyone had a similar case where they got an RFE after an interview?

USCIS is a law unto themselves. Just submit what they're requesting for and I'm sure they'll approve you
So we had our interview 3 weeks ago at the end of this ordeal the IO said to me that we will get the decision in the mail. Well it all started off well till the IO decide that we should be separated.

JC USCIS Sometimes looses documents and other times they issue RFE's for documents that they received but were incomplete. Prepare another I-864 so you have the original signature of the primary sponsor and the joint sponsor. Attach tax returns and w2's for the last three years if possible, if not submit just the recent year. Then send the RFE with a mode where you can be able to track whether they received it. I agree with Ananga73 the best thing you can do when USCIS request for something is to send it promptly.
So we had our interview 3 weeks ago at the end of this ordeal the IO said to me that we will get the decision in the mail. Well it all started off well till the IO decide that we should be separated. After a bunch of questions, the IO then question my wife a couple times, then me again. After everything was done we left. We called customer service and was told that an RFE was sent out, we never got it so they put in a service request for another one to be sent out. A few days ago it came reading something like this:

Request for Initial Evidence (I-485) - It says:

This office is unable to complete the processing of your application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, (Form I-485) without initial information. Submit "ALL" the infomation requested below at one time. Failure to do so will result in a denial. You must submit the information within 87 days to Homeland Security's address (as given).

This Service will process your Form I-765, application for Employment Authorization (If submitted) within 90 days of the receipt of your missing initial evidence.

*In order to process your application further, the joint sponsor on Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, must submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2s, 1099s, etc) submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for the most recent tax year.

So in short they want me to send them my I-864 documents, which we had initially submitted when we filled for AOS.
Has anyone had a similar case where they got an RFE after an interview?

MaraL had you been married for more than 2 years at the interview date? if so you would get a 10 year greencard
Another thing---

Don't know if this matters but the green card expires on 8/05/2021!

Does this mean it's not a temporary one? I can't believe they gave us a 10 year card! Anyone else have one of these bad boys??

Just to let u guys know I am still waiting for my interview letter... I will be traveling to Caribbean next month on AP keeping my fingers crossed.

Got my approval letters in the mail.

Had some RFE issues. i'll have to fill in the timeline in my signature.