March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

For all those who've received IL - does your online status get updated to say that as well? (I know online statuses are pretty unreliable but just want to know if they update it)... thanks!
The interview is for I-485, and my I-485 case is still not available online although the interview is literally in less than 3 weeks! I-130 status is still pending online, same as in the very beginning.

Thanks for your response NIW06! You are Cleveland DO correct? Thanks for sharing your timeline! I am using it as a basis to time sending in my application so that I don't get interview scheduled before end of Aug/first week of Sept but also want to get EAD soon so that I have the option to chnage jobs easily. (have 3 week travel plan in August and did not want to interview to be scheduled during that time frame)

Looks like your timeline is one of quickest of the lot and your interview was scheduled ~3 months from the day you sent in your application. So I am thinking of sending my application in mid-june so that I can complete the biometrics before my trip and hopefully should be back before the interview.

Reason I asked about online status update is because I was wondering is there a way I can know that my interview is scheduled before I can get my hands on the mail after my return? How many days in advance do they generally send the IL out?

Thanks and good luck on your interview!

The interview is for I-485, and my I-485 case is still not available online although the interview is literally in less than 3 weeks! I-130 status is still pending online, same as in the very beginning.

neo_ny, yes, I am from Cleveland. I don't think you can time the arrival of everything based on just one case. Although it looks like almost everybody's timeline is the same within a month and a half of difference between the cases. Good luck with your trip! I don't think 3 weeks is going to make a difference. Anyway, letter for the interview comes more than a month in advance, so there is no way that you will miss your interview if the letter comes during your trip.

Online status I-130 and I-485 showup online - case received and pending

Good luck to Sunland21 for interview.

LOS ANGELES
03/13/2009 - sent I-130,I-485, I-765 and I-131 via USPS priority mail
03/16/2009- received at Chicago lock box
03/20/2009 - cheques cashed
03/23/2009 - NOAs received
03/27/2009 - received biometric appoinment for April 10th
04/10/2009 -Biometric done
05/01/2009 - received interview letter for June 10th
05/11/2009- EAD card production ordered and AP approved
05/14/2009-Again EAD card production ordered
05/18/2009- EAD and AP received
05/26/2009- applied for SSN
05/27/2009- I-130,I-1485 show up online- case received and pending (NBC)
06/10/2009- AOS initial Interview

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
Time line update. I-485 showed up online today. The current status is "case received and pending".

Anji11: Are you able to see the status of both I-485 and I-130 online? Are they suppose to show up together or separate?

Can everyone please update their signature to indicate the DO and petition type (for spouse or parents).
The timeline seems to be different for each case so it would be useful for reference.
Thanks

Hi there,
I am a U.S citizen, and have applied GC for my husband, who is on H1, If he receives his EAD? can he change his job on that? I mean work on EAD till his GC gets approved?Or it's not a good idea to work on EAD and we should wait till GC.

Any idea?

Thanks,

03/25/2009 - Mailed I-130,G325A's,I-1485,I864 I131,I 765 via USPS
03/26/2009 - Received at Chicago USPS Confirmation
04/02/2009 - 1010,355 usd Cheques cashed.
04/06/2009 - Received NOAS for 130 received at Atlanta,GA address
04/07/2009 - Received NOAS for 485,765 and biometrics appointment letter
05/01/2009 - Biometrics FP done - in Seattle, WA
05/19/2009-- Online status said they have mailed EAD, haven't received it yet.

Depending on how straight your case is he should have no problems using the work permit(EAD) immediately but remember one thing once you have used the EAD or for that matter even the advance parole you are no more on h1B that means god forbid something goes wrong with AOS interview and his case gets denied he will be out of status.
My lawyer suggested me to keep working on h1B till I get the physical green card in hand to avoid any issues also these days the interview dates are much closer to the date of EAD approval so waiting for that extra month or two should'nt be a hassle.
I hope it helps

HI Everyone!
We just had our interview this morning. We arrived at the LA office at 8:30 for our 8:45AM appointment. We were called at around 9:00. The IO ushered us into his office and had us take the oath then we were seated. He asked us for our IDs and my passport. He took out my I-94 and EAD card. These were the questions that he asked:

1) How long have you been married?
2) Is this your first marriage?
3) To me: When did you last come here in the US? Have you gone outside the country since then?

Then he gave me a letter saying he approved our case. He asked for photo albums. We brought a lot and he looked at almost all of them. He told me that I do not need the EAD and should receive my Green Card within 30 days. I asked him what if I find a job and they ask for EAD or Green Card and he said I should just show the paper he gave me.

That's it! We were there in less than 10 minutes. Thank you guys for wishing us luck! hope your interviews turn out well too!

Congratulations Sunland I guess I am the next one in line June 4th .I wish i had the remote like in the movie "click" and go staright to after the interview. These nerves killing me.

smiriyal,

I know the wait is hard but your time will come soon enough. Just have all your supporting documents ready. And if you have filed a comprehensive application, there is nothing to worry about. :)