March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

congrats...

I am in Brooklyn too.. we think we did FP at the same place.

I filed 1 week after you. Today saw EA card produced.... waiting for interview letter now..

Where is your interview site?

I have added you to the spreadsheet, only have EAD details so if you want me to add other details PM me.

Interview

Hello nyfeng,

My interview is in Garden City in Long Island at the crack of dawn! I'm going to troll the stickies to find some info on preparing for the interview. Good luck to you--my info still isn't on the online uscis.gov case status online system. Go figure.

best,
ymathew

congrats...

I am in Brooklyn too.. we think we did FP at the same place.

I filed 1 week after you. Today saw EA card produced.... waiting for interview letter now..

Where is your interview site?

Why Garden City? i am in Brooklyn, close to Manhattan...

Isn't an interview place in NYC?

Great if you can share ur interview experience later here.

I am waiting for interview notice.

BEST of LUCK!!!

Hello nyfeng,

My interview is in Garden City in Long Island at the crack of dawn! I'm going to troll the stickies to find some info on preparing for the interview. Good luck to you--my info still isn't on the online uscis.gov case status online system. Go figure.

best,
ymathew

Hi, I got my EAD today. I called the Florida DMV, and they told me that I need a SSN to get a driver license, but the SSN takes 2 weeks, is there any way that I can get my license here in florida with just my EAD?

Thanks.

Hi, I got my EAD today. I called the Florida DMV, and they told me that I need a SSN to get a driver license, but the SSN takes 2 weeks, is there any way that I can get my license here in florida with just my EAD?

Thanks.

unfortunetly we need it, i've already had this arguement with them, they will not issue in my married name until my ssn name is changed over (i had a ssn because i had worked for disney in the past.) so basically i'm in the same position. it my be worth seeing if there is a way to expidite it.

my mom just completed FP last week and at the same time we got an email from online status that EAD Card production ordered.

I got my EAD and AP today.

LOS ANGELES

03/13/2009 - sent I-130,I-485, I-765 and I-131 via USPS priority mail
03/16/2009- received at Chicago lock box
03/20/2009 - cheques cashed
03/23/2009 - NOAs received
03/27/2009 - received biometric appoinment for April 10th
04/10/2009 -Biometric done
05/01/2009 - received interview letter for June 10th:)
05/11/2009- EAD card production ordered and AP approved
05/14/2009-Again EAD card production ordered
05/18/2009- EAD and AP received:)
06/10/2009- AOS initial Interview

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunetly we need it, i've already had this arguement with them, they will not issue in my married name until my ssn name is changed over (i had a ssn because i had worked for disney in the past.) so basically i'm in the same position. it my be worth seeing if there is a way to expidite it.

i am not sure that is ture maybe it different in all states i just got my DL in chicago all i dis was take my SSN, marriage cert., proof of address and they changed it for me because i have my maiden name on my SSN too, so try asking if they will accept your Marriage cert. to show proof that you are the same person but i also had a state ID from wher i used to leave b4 marriAGE.

hi, everyone best of luck for ur interveiws.just updating got my EAD today, thanks.

DO: newark
March 17, 2009 - Sent (I-130, I-485 and I765)
March 19, 2009 - Received by Lockbox
March 23, 2009 - Checks cashed
March 24, 2009 - Notices received
March 26, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment Notice
April 16, 2009 - Biometrics done
May 08,2009- EAD ordered
May 13,2009-EAD ordered
MAY 18,2009-Received EAD

i am not sure that is ture maybe it different in all states i just got my DL in chicago all i dis was take my SSN, marriage cert., proof of address and they changed it for me because i have my maiden name on my SSN too, so try asking if they will accept your Marriage cert. to show proof that you are the same person but i also had a state ID from wher i used to leave b4 marriAGE.

florida law requires that DL is in same name as ssn, and ssn will not change it till u have EAD or GC, so you end up stuck in a rut. i'm finally going to get mine tomorrow.

more updates

Hi,

Just wanted to update, just checked case status online and EAD card production was ordered May 16, and Advance Parole was also approved on May 16. Am utterly thrilled!

Best,
ymathew
Brooklyn, NY
3/31/2009 I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 mailed USPS Express with return receipt
4/09/2009 Cheques cashed
4/12/2009 NOAs received
4/15/2009 Biometrics appt. notice
4/30/2009 Biometrics appt.
4/30/2009 Biometrics (and picture) taken
5/15/2009 Received interview letter, for 6/25/09
5/16/2009 EAD Card production ordered
5/16/2009 AP approved

Need Info

Hello Guys,
I am an May AOS filer. I can able to track my case online at uscis.gov. My question is when USCIS send RFE on particular case, does online status change to 'RFE sent or something '.

I submitted every supporting document possible with my application to avoid RFE but just in case.

thanks
Guru!!

If you get the RFE (for initial evidence) then your case won't go online until they receive your evidence.
If they send you an RFE once your case has started then it will show online that they have sent you a request for further evidence.

My case is finally online:

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

This basically puts me in with the May filers so I'm gonna watch their timelines too.

Took me a while to get EAD card. don't know why...

Los Angeles
3/2/09 Package(I-130, I-485, G325A, I-765, I-131, I-864) sent to Chicago via USPS priority mail.
3/11/09 $355 and $1010 checks cashed. Not $70 check yet.
3/13/09 Received Rejection Notice for the $70 check. Now have Receipt Number!!
3/14/09 Received NOAs for 131,130,765, and 485.
3/16/09 ASC Appointment Notice received (Case type 485, 765). Biometrics scheduled on 4/2/09.
4/2/09 Biometrics done at El Monte Immigration Service Center
Around 4/13/09 Online Status for I-130 & I-765 started to show up.
4/17/09 According to the online status, I-131 has been approved and the notice was sent.
4/27/09 I-131 approved letter received.
4/27/09 Interview date is set on 6/5/09
5/11/09 EAD card production ordered
5/18/09 EAD card production ordered again!?
5/20/09 EAD card finally received.
6/5/09 Interview