• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Main applicant travelling

Junior6

Hallo all...thanks for the forum for guiding us...we just received our visa,thanks Allah.Our case was pending since July due to incomplete documents but thanks Allah we managed and submitted the remaining..I understand the main applicant can proceed to the U.S and the rest of the family join later of course before the expiry date....but in family visa there is a statement as written below:
Annonation*
Valid only if Acc/FTJ Father/Mother/Spouse

Does this mean my family must accompany me?
Kindly enlighten....and I pray to all the pending cases God willing watafaulu:)

The annotation basically means what you already know - a beneficiary cannot precede the principal applicant in entering the US. They may either travel with the principal applicant or arrive after the P/A has already entered the US and activated their LPR status.

I think it means the family must accompany him. He best ask his embassy before travel.
No it doesn't. It says valid for them only if they are accompanying or following (FTJ) him. That means they cannot enter before he does, not that they have to be with him when he enters (otherwise it would only be "acc" and not FTJ).

I've received my DV visa for my self and family (wife and 4 kids), the annotation marked one star for me and 3 kids, and two stars for my wife and the youngest child, any one knows what that means.

I've received my DV visa for my self and family (wife and 4 kids), the annotation marked one star for me and 3 kids, and two stars for my wife and the youngest child, any one knows what that means.

Are you talking about the stars inserted to pad out the names? It sounds like you are - and then shorter names have more stars...

I really wouldn't worry about it....

Are you talking about the stars inserted to pad out the names? It sounds like you are - and then shorter names have more stars...

I really wouldn't worry about it....
No, I'm talking about the stars on the annotation field.