Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

Delhi Website

any ideas/knowledge about the specific unavailability of the delhi IV schedule for July..did anyone else receive any packet 4's or any other info yet???

Rjain2,

I too have a differnce of around 6% with the existing salary and the salary mentioned in the LC.

I asked my lawyer about this and he told me not to worry as the difference is only 6%. He asked me to put what I am getting right now on I-134(Affidavit of Support).

But the notarized employment letter that I got from my company indicates that I will be paid not less than the LC salary.

So, I don't think you should have any problem.

DA

Rjain2 said:
Hi CPDelhi,

Thanks for the response, was more worried about the I-134 salary. My lawyer explained that the offer letter has to be based on the LC sal, the I-134 could be current sal; so I'm still a little confused on the I-134 sal.

Rjain

elector said:
any ideas/knowledge about the specific unavailability of the delhi IV schedule for July..did anyone else receive any packet 4's or any other info yet???

I received my P4 last Friday -- see my earlier post. I also sent a friend to pick up the package from the info. counter last week.

Rjain.

jalabalajings said:
Rjain2,

I too have a differnce of around 6% with the existing salary and the salary mentioned in the LC.

I asked my lawyer about this and he told me not to worry as the difference is only 6%. He asked me to put what I am getting right now on I-134(Affidavit of Support).

But the notarized employment letter that I got from my company indicates that I will be paid not less than the LC salary.

So, I don't think you should have any problem.

DA

Hi J,

Thanks for the information, I talked to my lawyer who suggested the same. Employment letter is based on LC so it has to have at least your LC approved sal. The I-134 is on current income and your pay stubs and W2 provide support for that. I've got these docs ready and notarized and still have a day to change them if needed!

Rjain.

Folks,

I had an interpretive question on Delhi’s courier back service for IV documents  http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhivcour.html

Was trying to determine for a couple going for the interview, is the fees Rs. 400 for both or Rs. 800 for both. The more important question is how does one make the payment – is cash OK. I’ve sent an email to ND twice but there’s been no response – maybe anyone else may have better luck so I am posting this simple query. I tried calling them and got through twice but was put on hold for 10 minutes after which I gave up.

rjain

fingerprints for all visa applicants at every US consulate

hi,
just got latest news that all consulates in India are starting collection of fingerprints from all visa applicants at consulate during interview.this is from 1 July onwards in ND and Chennai.it is same as done at POE(i.e.scanning of second finger of each hand)and result will be compared at POE.
they are also stopping drop visa facility for the same reason.
for further info,kindly read this attachment as given in indian newspaper.
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040623/nation.htm#6 or u can directly log in at www.tribuneindia.com and go in NATION section(on left side of site)this is given on 23 june 2004.
any views or information please share in this forum.
austin.

austin316 said:
hi,
just got latest news that all consulates in India are starting collection of fingerprints from all visa applicants at consulate during interview.this is from 1 July onwards in ND and Chennai.it is same as done at POE(i.e.scanning of second finger of each hand)and result will be compared at POE.
they are also stopping drop visa facility for the same reason.
for further info,kindly read this attachment as given in indian newspaper.
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040623/nation.htm#6 or u can directly log in at www.tribuneindia.com and go in NATION section(on left side of site)this is given on 23 june 2004.
any views or information please share in this forum.
austin.

This is the part of the new policy of issuing machine readable IVs.

BMB is starting July 15. Also, There are new photo requirements also. I'll post it shortly (in a day or two).

confirmed interview date

hi folks,
i just called ND consulate and they have confirmed my interview date on 9 July.FINALLY!
the same info regarding fingerprint is also there on ND embassy site.
austin.

Hi Austin,

Looks like persistence paid off -- congrats on getting a date confirmation.

Good Luck!!

Rjain

Affidavit of support

Rjain,
An affidavit of support is required for the spouse of primary applicant in Employment category. Am I right? I recently got married and I am getting indications that my wife may be able to join for the interview but I didn't know about the affidavit of support. Do I need one for her? Could you please clarfify.

Thanks
Skb

skb14 said:
Rjain,
An affidavit of support is required for the spouse of primary applicant in Employment category. Am I right? I recently got married and I am getting indications that my wife may be able to join for the interview but I didn't know about the affidavit of support. Do I need one for her? Could you please clarfify.

Thanks
Skb

Hi SK,

The package 4 says that for employment candidates, the form I-134 needs to be filled out with supporting docs - -this is the affidavit of support as far as I understand.

Rjain

Hi Guys..

With all the confusion going around the date of Aug 2, I had someone in Delhi go there and check the date for me and I am confirmed for Aug 2. I will ask them to fax/courier me the Packet4. BTW I had read somewhere about the transit visa kinda requirement... Now that most of the ppl are on a advanced stages of planning.. Can we list out the airlines/transit countries that require transit visas?

I am getting a good deal on AF/Delta so was looking to check the requirements for France. :)

last year, TT servcies charged 400/head after H-1 issuance
(800 for me and my wife)

they took the money in cash.

There is a TT services counter inside the embassy where you
you fill out the address on the envelope and pay him 400/head

I got the passport back within 48 hours

Again, this was last year and I had gone for H-1 revalidation

conclusions can be drawn for CP

Hi MiDelhi,

Thanks for your response, in fact the same happened with me earlier this year for my H1 stamping @ ND. My main concern was whether they require a DD for IV docs then one will be in trouble! I'll take good old cash and see how it goes.

Since I'm the first one in line for July interviews, I'll post my details as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Rjain.

njcpdel said:
Hi Guys..

With all the confusion going around the date of Aug 2, I had someone in Delhi go there and check the date for me and I am confirmed for Aug 2. I will ask them to fax/courier me the Packet4. BTW I had read somewhere about the transit visa kinda requirement... Now that most of the ppl are on a advanced stages of planning.. Can we list out the airlines/transit countries that require transit visas?

I am getting a good deal on AF/Delta so was looking to check the requirements for France. :)

Hi Njcpdel,

First congrats in getting a confirmation for your interview date!! There is another forum on transit visas & travel where some good suggestions are posted. I'm going by KLM tomorrow and there's no transit visa requirement for Netherlands.

Moderator -- this forum is getting very active, would it be possible to make it 'sticky' for few months? Thx.

Rjain.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey rjain...

thx for the reply and good luck with your travel and interview. I checked out the other forum and well had some questions half answered so I posted here. I am looking at Delta / Alitalia combo since that is available. So was thinking it would be a good idea if everyone mentions what airline / transit place they are travelling. This would really help everyone in planning to travel as well as avoid these confusing transit visa requirements.

you do not need transit visas for stopovers. I am going by air india on the 24th which will stop in europe for refuelling but one cannot leave the airport. the Air Canada flight to new delhi needed a transit visa for canada which i decided not to take even though it was cheaper. I also had a booking placed earlier for Air france going through paris which does not require transit visa. your travel agent will be able to help you. remember to get indian visas for any US born children.

I will going via London (British airways)

I talked to a lady in British consulate, chicago
and she did not think i need a transit visa while returning.
(though, she did not sound very confident)

A co-worker of mine travelled via london after his CP (without UK transit visa)
and he did not have any problems

I am NOT planning on taking Uk transit visa