Let's stop being nice!!!

Covering all 50 states

I have asked Monica to set up a petition for us to sign. We will cover all 50 states. Let me see what they (USDOL) say. Hopefully we will not have to go to court over this.:mad:

Maryland - the slowest processing state

Originally posted by operations
I have asked Monica to set up a petition for us to sign. We will cover all 50 states. Let me see what they (USDOL) say. Hopefully we will not have to go to court over this.:mad:

Thanks for helping us Rajiv,

lets take the example of MD, since last three-month they are processing April 26th for state labor, with the same speed they will complete April 2001 backlog by July or August 2003, that way if someone filed in May 2001, he is going to get a result after 26 or more month, which is far far more then usual time 4 months (before 245I), the only excuse they give they have lack of staff and state funding.

For more click here http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=381111#post381111

Rajiv, we (immigration.com users from MD) are with you, in case you want to take MD state labor in court.

Thank You

Dear Rajiv,

Thanks for your responce and help.

we have been paying taxes for the past several years and living in the dream of America. We have now kids born in this country and families developed in this society/culture.

My friend whoese labor was stuck in MD, recently lost his Job, he got PHD in science, but his labor processing was stuck in MD for more than year and half, and now he has to start this all over again. People who filed for immigratinon using 245(i) clause got immigration cleared before him form other states.

Looks like illigal immigrants are getting better chances to live here than the people who are trying immigration legally with better qualifications and streghts to.

Please help us in escalating this matter to DOL and concern authorities. we appreciate you help.

Thanks Again.

Re: Thank You

Not really. Processing times vary widely. I think the more pertinent point is why are their such delays. I know that if DOL levied a fees but expedited process, most of us will gladly pay it. Why then would they not increase resources.

Originally posted by rsiv
Dear Rajiv,

Thanks for your responce and help.

we have been paying taxes for the past several years and living in the dream of America. We have now kids born in this country and families developed in this society/culture.

My friend whoese labor was stuck in MD, recently lost his Job, he got PHD in science, but his labor processing was stuck in MD for more than year and half, and now he has to start this all over again. People who filed for immigratinon using 245(i) clause got immigration cleared before him form other states.

Looks like illigal immigrants are getting better chances to live here than the people who are trying immigration legally with better qualifications and streghts to.

Please help us in escalating this matter to DOL and concern authorities. we appreciate you help.

Thanks Again.

My 2 cents

Guys,

Since Rajiv decided take this matter in his own hands. I would also like to add my two cents to this whole LC mess. Take Missouri SESA for example: They are stuck on October 1, 2001 (RIR) & April 2001 (NON-RIR) for past three months. When asked, there response was: “Currently we are processing Seasonal Farm Workers LC (they have to be done within 30 days) so expect more delays in RIR & Non-RIR cases”.

My question is: Why they didn’t anticipated this seasonal farm worker crap before October to speed up RIR & Non-RIR work load. I wonder if this is going to be the latest tread all over the country or just a new excuse to further delays RIR & Non-RIR cases. I think they just don't get it: After all this economic down-trend there is still demand - supply gap in U.S. for IT, Nursing, and other occupations.

Thanks,

RamFan

Re: Re: Thank You

Not really. Processing times vary widely. I think the more pertinent point is why are their such delays. I know that if DOL levied a fees but expedited process, most of us will gladly pay it. Why then would they not increase resources.

Exactly Rajiv, now if you look MD, they are still working with six people, whereas 245i workload is atleast 200 times higher then normal workload, the only answer they have is state dont have much funding for us.

Hi Rajiv,

"I know that if DOL levied a fees but expedited process, most of us will gladly pay it. Why then would they not increase resources. "

You are exactly right, if the INS wants to levy fees and do it we will be glad. For people like me we are losing opportunity because of this callous attitude. My LC receipt date is first week of June 2001. In normal circumstances (even after Sept 2001 tragedy delays) I would have been close to getting my GC, but am still languishing at LC stage with no definate conclusion when it would be done.

Thanks again,
ANXIOUS2002

POSTED IN NJ RIR FORUM. SEEMS TO BE A LONG WAIT FOR NY.

Can anyone explain the difference between professional workers and skilled workers?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Testing_Times
here's some info. from my attorney's site, guess its goin to be feb or march before they touch May 2001 cases.

November 1, 2002

Department of Labor Answers Backlog Questions

New York and New Jersey SWA

a. Please advise how many cases are currently in the State backlog.

"As of September 30, NY has 52,250 in backlog and NJ has 22,987 in backlog."

b. Please advise the projected time frame to complete the April 2001 cases filed under RIR processing

"NY is processing RIR applications for Professional workers that were filed on 4/30/2001, and the best guess estimate is that NY will complete processing of these cases within the next 3 to 4 months. NY is processing RIR applications filed for Skilled workers in the middle of April. Because the volume of filings increased towards the end of the month, NY cannot predict how long it will take to complete processing Skilled worker April RIRs."

"NJ anticipates that it will complete the processing of its April 2001 RIRs in January 2003."

Thanks for your help Rajiv,

I've been reading the forum for a while and this is my first post, so I apologize in advance if I screw up :)

I also agree that many of us will be willing to pay additional fees to expedite our cases.

I'm stuck with NJ DoL (March 2002) and my H1 runs out on Feb 2003, so as far as I know I don't even qualify for the 7th year extension from the recently signed HR2215.

I'm in for a petition to bring this matter to the USDOL.

Thanks

An intersting thought comes to mind

You would miss the extension time of 12 months pendency by one month. No problem. Let the labor cert stay pending. Go out for one mnoth. Now labor cert is pending for 12 months. Get the 7th year H-1 in March 2002. Right?

Originally posted by njlongwait
Thanks for your help Rajiv,

I've been reading the forum for a while and this is my first post, so I apologize in advance if I screw up :)

I also agree that many of us will be willing to pay additional fees to expedite our cases.

I'm stuck with NJ DoL (March 2002) and my H1 runs out on Feb 2003, so as far as I know I don't even qualify for the 7th year extension from the recently signed HR2215.

I'm in for a petition to bring this matter to the USDOL.

Thanks

Rajiv,

It will be really great if you write a petetion behalf of labor certification applicants. I have filed labor certification application in 2001 June and i dont have any information about status of my application. I got letter from CA DOL about checking status using thier telephone system and they are not updating the system at all. I cant take any other employement opportunity since my application is with DOL from last one year.

I am willing to pay additional fees if DOL need more resources to process our applications. your act in this concern will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks once again,
VCB

Njlongwait

Why don't you ask your attorney to send a letter to NJ DOL saying your H1-B is about to expire and if they can expedite the processing in your case. I have been reading thread's on this site for long time and have seen user's getting +ve response back in cases like your's. I think that worth a try.....It won't harm you or your pending application in any way, but gains are huge....

In the mean time I will also try to find that thread(s) where I saw user's saying DOL approved his/her application when his/her attorney send letter to DOL requestimg immediate action as his/her H1-B was also about to expire.....

Try....& let's see what happens.....

May not wor, but worth a try

Not every DOL region has an expedite policy. And the policy may be discontinued with the passage of the new law.

Originally posted by usnycus
Njlongwait

Why don't you ask your attorney to send a letter to NJ DOL saying your H1-B is about to expire and if they can expedite the processing in your case. I have been reading thread's on this site for long time and have seen user's getting +ve response back in cases like your's. I think that worth a try.....It won't harm you or your pending application in any way, but gains are huge....

In the mean time I will also try to find that thread(s) where I saw user's saying DOL approved his/her application when his/her attorney send letter to DOL requestimg immediate action as his/her H1-B was also about to expire.....

Try....& let's see what happens.....

Re: May not wor, but worth a try

operations

DOL might stop that policy with the new H1-B Ext. law, But I still belive that worth a try.........A lot of people are willing to pay for expedite processing, so why not they should also try it.
It may or may not work, but gains are huge.

If nothing works "Njlongwait" can still go out for a month in Feb 2002 and apply for 7th year extension. Right???

Njlongwait
I was not able to locate the thread I was referring. But I am 110% sure someone had case like you in NJ SWA(SESA). His/Her LC was approved with in a month once his/her attorney send a letter to NJ SWA explaining the circumstances.

-- usnycus

Not every DOL region has an expedite policy. And the policy may be discontinued with the passage of the new law.