Let's stop being nice!!!

very_upset_guy

Registered Users (C)
I assume that folks from immigration.com is reviwineg some of these posts. So actually ithis post to them.

As we all know they pass the law last year and now we are siting in the XXX wiaiting when DOL will be able to start to process our applications. This is great!! GREAT that i, the professional how hasn't been in this country a one day illeagally haveto wait all these MF just becuase they filed their cases earlier. I odn't think this is fear! And i think it should a separation - one for normal cases and another for these ones. I'm looking for your support and i'm ready to spend money on this. FReaking govermant just want and care about moeny it gain from this, already legal, people. We have to fight this!!

Hi very_upset_guy,

I don't know if I got you right, but here is the way I look at it. First of all Republicans are all anti-immigrants and we should keep this in mind thru all our stay in USA.

Do we have a right to speak in USA? I would say - yes - but only on humanatarian issue - none else. Besides GC is immigrant visa which they cannot be forced to issue. Don't get me wrong, I am willing to join you if immigration.com people decide to have a case against INS. But ask a point to yourself - did INS people ever said that others will not get LC processed? Man - it will be impossible for any lawyer to fight INS if INS will point to issue of security! GC is a selfish document for US to get skilled workers and selfish for rest of us to hang around and make money - get a good life-style.

You have no rights to vote, who is going to listen you? Justice is a commodity-you need either money or vote to purchase it.

Our predeccesors in immigration never entered politics here-so we are facing problems here. Anyways I will suggest you stay cool for some more time - I am not sure which stage you are in and which state you have applied your LC from - getting upset won't help. Also almost all state will have there backlogs over by Dec of 2002.

Cheer up man!

Hi very_upset_guy

I guess u r talking about 245(i) cases.....Let me tell one thing, I am not one of them...I came to US 7 year's back and never been illlegal. Beside that, i am surprised that u are so pissed on these people. It's not there fault that 245(i) came and they got a chance...

Let me ask u something "Where were u b4 April01". What u have been doing?

I did that same mistake and my LC is pending in NY for last 1 year...That's not there fault..It is mine...

Start taking responsibilities on action u have taken in past.........

Re: Hi very_upset_guy

Originally posted by usnycus

Let me ask u something "Where were u b4 April01". What u have been doing?

I did that same mistake and my LC is pending in NY for last 1 year...That's not there fault..It is mine...

Does this matter usnycus, where he had been in April01 :mad: You may be happy becoz you job may be secure, but I can understand very_upset_guys anger, why should we screwed becoz of those illegal people, let me make it clear

1. they r not paying taxes
2. they r not participating in soc.secu.
3. They didnt fuel economy as much as we (I assume we all are software pro. here) do

I have read a article in some valid source, One legal H-1B is paying taxes sometime more or equal to 8 of those illegal guys, infact even after they become legal, they take more from Govt. (bcoz of their low income group) then those softeare professional, this vote bank policies sux :mad:

I am with you very_upset_guy and ready to participate

very_upset_guy,

Common man, u're taking it too serious, relax, life is a b**h, if you take too serious it's gonna kill you. Well, it's gonna kill you anyways, but this is not a point.

Ask yourself, why u, yourself, a well educated professional are forced to be in this position? Position of asking for something that most of the ppl around you have without moving a finger? Because u, like all of us, want to make money, have a good house, raise well-educated, professional children, who will most likely spent their lives complaining about "neo-high-rise" of immigrants from the same country as you. Is not this funny?

I knew an illegal man once, no matter from where, he was an older man, in his late 50-th. He's only son was murdered several years ago. Left a wife and 2 kids. The man could not support them in his home country. He came to US. Stayed illegally. He lived in Chi, and every second day took a bus to Milwaukee (in Wisc.about 120 miles from here). Next morning he'd come back and work here in Chi. like a dog. I asked him, why do you go to Wisc. every other morning, isn't this tedious? He said, he didn't want to give up he's job in Chi, but in Wisc. they paid him $2 more per hour. It is needless to say that every dime he earned was sent back to his grandchildren.

Now, very_upset_guy, you well-educated, well-fed, well-legalized professional, want to tell me that this man has no right for a chance? I say, just a chance? because you don't have patience to wait couple more month?

Hexamon is shaking his head

Originally posted by Hexamon
very_upset_guy,Now, very_upset_guy, you well-educated, well-fed, well-legalized professional, want to tell me that this man has no right for a chance? I say, just a chance? because you don't have patience to wait couple more month?

Hexamon is shaking his head

Nicely written Hexamon, but think about this scenario, the same illegal dont have to bother about layoffs or 10 day limit after layoff else he become illegal, he dont have to bother to keep a legal status even during this tough economic conditions.

All the illegal know very well and you too, those amnesty programs keeps coming frequent, Once it came before 4 years and then agains it came during clintron time (April 2001), if you read nobody has problem of chance illegal getting, the problem is why we are waiting for Labor since last 1 and half year, which used to completed in 4 month.

Why dont they make two pool, one for illegal and one for legal, let people get fruit of their hard work who participated and grow the economy and will participated more once they become legal (remember listening NPR analysis where they mentioned the newly immigrants share 65% of total new home sales)

I fully support the idea of RahulatDC. usnycus, if you wish to blame yourself for everything happening in this world - it is your problem - don't force others to swallow guilt for nothing.

I feel one always takes best decision in any particular situation's present tense. Think of your past only - have your ever taken a decision which was not best as per your brains given the particular situation and circumstances on that moment - so why to blame yourself? I think a wrong decision is only one where you do 'wrong' knowingly - like illegal/immoral act. Also how do you know if everyone in US came before April 2001?

Who is saying it is 'their' fault? Read very_upset_guy's post again-he said let there be two queues - one for Legal ones and one for Illegal ones - fair enough - if INS can differentiate cases based on Experience and Degree - they should differentiate based on status of legal and illegal too - isn't it? Also let that queue move at a low priority speed as these people will not be thrown out till their case is decided - good for them too. I feel those beneficiaries should also support two queues approach.

I think by reading very_upset_guy's post all that he meant is join him if you wish - he never asked for people's opinion - shall we or shall not we? Also he has pointed out government's approach of making money in terms of fine.

Stop scorning people for nothing - you can make sensible contributions - sorry if that hurts!

very_upset_guy - most of these 245(i) is going to be rejected (Another question for usnycs-isn't INS really wasting time when it has to reject most of the cases? Are they even being fair to beneficiaries of 245(i)?). But if you can still manage to get immigration.com guys to work on the issue - I am with you.

Hexamon-I would like to ask-Mullah Omar's son is killed - Zawahiri's wife and son is killed. And some Mario maybe having problem in his place which he calls 'Meshico'. If Mario or Pedro can get your way of Justice - why can't Osama's Group? When I came to USA-I had no credit history - no relatives - could not purchase car for 8 months - used to travel 2 hours to reach my work place and come back - change three trains and one bus - via New York Grand Central and Port Authority in NY. Shall I get a GC before those people who got cars, who have relatives in US and those whose employers were kind enough to help them in getting car?

Every coin has 2 sides. I felt original post was very anti-illegal immigrant and didn;t find it fair to blame illigals for April 2001 backlogs.

You can blame the system though. It is not quetionable that the whole process of getting GC is strained through several years and there are many things that could be improved. Like, forget about two queues, how hard is it to charge ppl for Premium Processing say a grand? and use that money to hire/train more certifying officers? Is it not clear that this kind of system will be self-financing? There are around 300000 LC cases right now, this is roughly $150,000,000 (assuming half of the ppl will pay), this in turn is several times current DOL budget!

eeh, don't you realize ppl, the point of the system is to suck out all our talant and knowledge for years, who needs H1B programmer getting GC in a year?

Hi Hexamon,

I fully agree to your point that it is not illegal immigrants who are to be blamed - it is INS and US government policies, which is to be blamed. Those illegal ones anyway are more secure then legal ones, owing to 245(i) and most of them enjoy even more security if they are from Americas due to NAFTA and TN-visa. A truck driver from Mexico can enter US more securely then you:(don't think you are from Americas). See:
http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/b1_truck.htm :)
And these people have worst record of staying back in USA.

Also see:
http://www.ins.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/tps-sp.htm.

It is in Spanish and I will translate content for you(I know a bit of Spanish.)(not word by word as I am not that good in Espanol):

It is dated December 30, 1998. Talks about Temporary Protected Status (TPS) Visa for Honduras and Nicaragua for a period of 18 months due to Hurricane Mitch. This is signed by Attorney General Janet Reno. Covers an estimated 90000 Hondurans and 60000 Nicaraguans who have resided in the United States since December 30, 1998. Also INS will extend for 60 days-through March 8 1999-the stays of removal for Guatemalans and Salvadorans that was to expire January 7, 1999. Guatemalans and Salvadorans currently in the United States will be eligible to gain lawful immigration status under Section 203 of NACARA, by submitting form I-821, and an Application for Employment Authorization, Form I-765, along with evidence of nationality and residence in the United States as of December 30, 1998 by paying $ 100 plus littel more.

I feel they should pity you instead you having pity on them!

I also agree to your point that GC in a year is no good to employers neither good enough for INS and US Govt. as they are anyway getting money from legal ones - so they are concentrating on illegals. But then do we have a right to ask authority to address our sufferings?

My reaction was based on only one point-maybe not me or you who is about to reach 6 years limit-but there are people who will reach 6 years without LC and they cannot get extension as LC is not cleared. I feel those people need more support then illegal ones. Also collataral point is that if so much point is lost in LC, how much extra time will be needed for 485 clearance(owing to beauty of homeland security). Then anyone could be in question-you - me or anyone.

The original post is Pro-Immigration - it is just that it talks of legal immigration.

Hi Jharkhandi,

Thanks for the long answer. I guess your last posting leaves no room for further dispute :)

Just want to say that we'll probably all in the same boat and upset with the 245(i). It's unjust. But I really dougth there's much to be done. Ppl, having power to change things, do not have the will. What is bad for us, is good for our employers, that's what it boils down to. So, I'd rather relax and try to enjoy the flow, life is full with the problems to be blamed on oneself, so why take a blame for something that one has no control of? Nothing is for sure anyways, as my lawer says, there's 2 thing for sure - death and taxes.

Anyways, if you guys try to start something usefull (like sending pettitions to whomever, etc), I'm with you. I'm just pesimistic about it.

Hexamon,

Thanks for your support. I wish someone from immigration.com could help us out in providing a platform.

Folks, sorry for long delay.
I would like to point that the main idea was not to blame someone, but to do smth about my ( read - ours ) position.

If you feel strength and wish to make changes - lets work on this, if not - well - i'm just very_upset_guy, sit aside and enjoy to be exploited.

I would be interested to hear from immigration.com guys and i'm forwarding link to this thread ( looks like they are not reading it ? ) to rskhanna@imm.com. Let see what will happened. if not , than i'll look for legal support in other companies. Thanks God, there are many of them around.

Thanks for pointing this discussion out

I think there is some merit in requesting that 245(i) petition be treated in a separate category, but there are many, many practical difficulties. I see both sides of this problem: ours and the government's. I do not believe there is a workable change possible in this regard.

By the way, foreign professionals coming to this country is a great deal for USA and the professionals both. USA gets educated folks (who are eductaed at their own expense or at the expense of their native country) and the foreign professionals get a good, decent life style. No one is doing anyone any favors in this system. Additional the US constitution affords fundamental rights to all people in USA. Everyone has the right (and may be even the duty) to speak out.

Thanks for pointing this thread out to me. There was a time I could read every message posted. No more. Too busy managing stuff. So unless you folks let me or one our team members know, I do not usually participate in discussions that much. My warmest, heart felt regards to all of you. Rajiv.

PS I am "listening" to this thread. Monica, please speak with me about inviting some journalists to visit this thread.

Rajiv Khanna,

I was glad tosee yr posting and immediately sat to write this. I am one of the guy who feel frustrated at the lack of apathy towardsus by the present law, where our LC work is put on hold because of 245(i) cases.

One thing that can be done is to keep our work related LC cases in complete different department to that of 245(i) cases. I am not sure why this is not being done. The govt has some moral obligation to us at least, since they collect taxes from us and give us no benefits, at least they can give us a piece of mind by acclerating the LC process.

It seems the politics of vote catching is more pronounced in this admin and no botheration about life and careers of thousands of us who are waiting for GC.

I implore you to start a signature campaign, the likes of which you had successfully carried out in recent past, against the slow moving LC process. I am sure there would be terrrific response from people like me and the govt will know our predicaments.

Thanking you Sir,
Anxious 2002

Worth a shot

We have been getting some odd letters from TX as a part of their backlog reduction.

I will draft something.

Re: Worth a shot

Originally posted by operations
We have been getting some odd letters from TX as a part of their backlog reduction.

I will draft something.

Mr. Khanna,
I would like to thank you and your team for taking time and helping those who are getting affected at TX service center.

I, on behalf of many other getting affected by delays at CA DOL, would like to request you to please find some time to help us also.

As you might be well aware of, CA DOL has not been reviewing Labor applications for those related to IT jobs and there are applications from Dec 2001, which needs to be reviewed.

Many of us have already spent one and half years by now and still there is no relief/resolution/end-of-wait in sight.

As you have rightly said, permanent immigration is not a favor from one to other. It is a symbiotic relationship between US (govt and citizens) and the skilled workers. I, like many others, would like that we, skilled workers, are not victims of some short term changes in US economy and new security concerns. We belong to same class of people who in past have availed the goodness to open and fair immigration policy of US government and in return contributed immensely to US economy and it's superpower status and created hundreds of jobs. I am sure we too fall under same category but are unfortunate to be at this stage at such times.

I hope you will feel our concerns and help us too. Once again I request you to please take up our case too and do the needful.

Regards
Ash

P.S. : Please see thread ‘ImmigrationPortal Forums > ImmigrationPortal.com > US Immigration > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) > Labor Certifications > Traking DOL list for California due to 245I Part 4’ at your web site.

Thanks Rajiv, for your reply and agreeing to help us out

I forgot to convey that my LC is from NY which it seems to be the worst hit! I would therefore request you to put in for NY SESA too.

I sincerely hope the authorities take due notice of these

Thanks again
ANXIOUS2002