Let's stop being nice!!!

MD SWA - worst one

Dear Mr. Rajiv,

First of all let me express my gratitude for your efforts in trying to help us - those who waits 1,5+ years for LC approval (filed in May in Maryland SWA)

I thought it can be helpful to put some facts about MD SWA (SESA):

As of 11/11 (november 11) [processing date - when were processed]:

April 16 - 03/05 (march 5)
April 17 - 03/17 (march 17)
April 18 - 03/20 (march 20)
April 19/20 - 03/29 (march 29)
April 23 - 05/02 (may 2)
April 24 - 07/02 (july 2)
April 25/26 - 08/08 (august 8)

MD SWA is working on april 26 during last 3 months, and, per phone conversation, isn't expecting to be done with april 26 until January-February 2003. As they say, they might need another year to be done with Aptr 27 and Apr 30. They still have 6 people total. No plans to hire new people (like VA did).

In phone conversations SWA reps ar really nice and express their need for support to get enough funding from Federal Gov to hire more employees, since state gov doesn't have money.

Please help...
Thank you very much from all of us,
Sol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rajiv

Dear Rajiv,

Thanks a lot for your help to find a soultion. We don't mind paying little extra cost to expediate our application. I have filed in MD SESA last November, 2001 and almost a year i am waiting.

We would ready to contribute any help from our side.

Once again Thanks Rajiv for paying special attention in this regard

Leo james

Dear Rajiv & usnycus,
thanks for your replies to my post.

I've tried already to get the case expedited in NJ, but right now (not sure if they did in the past) they have a strict no expedite policy.

usnycus, I found a post from K_P_K (9/12/02) who said she/he was able to get the certification expedited but never said where. It would help a lot if anybody knows of any other cases that a state DoL agreed to expedite.

I also thought about the time gap for the 7th year extension, the text of the ammendment on the HR2215 says "...previously issued a visa or otherwise provided nonimmigrant status...", it doesn't say anything about when you got the H1 or that it has to be valid, I guess this will drive different interpretations, but unfortunately due to my personal family situation it won't be for me just as easy as getting out in Feb and coming back in March to apply for the extension. So I need to find the way to fill that gap, any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Anyway, I don't want to monopolize the forum with my own personal situation, just add my case to the many out there, it feels really bad that after all these years of working hard, paying taxes and contributing to the US economy we have no voice, almost no rights, and my biggest concern are my kids who were born here but given my situation they are like second class citizens.

Will see, Mr. Rajiv please keep your initiative for a petition or something like that going, at least that could give us some hope or let our voice be heard.

Thanks.

Apply for a B status. Explain to INS that you need to apply for an extension. By the time they decide the case, you would have time to file for an extension.

Originally posted by njlongwait
Dear Rajiv & usnycus,
thanks for your replies to my post.

I've tried already to get the case expedited in NJ, but right now (not sure if they did in the past) they have a strict no expedite policy.

usnycus, I found a post from K_P_K (9/12/02) who said she/he was able to get the certification expedited but never said where. It would help a lot if anybody knows of any other cases that a state DoL agreed to expedite.

I also thought about the time gap for the 7th year extension, the text of the ammendment on the HR2215 says "...previously issued a visa or otherwise provided nonimmigrant status...", it doesn't say anything about when you got the H1 or that it has to be valid, I guess this will drive different interpretations, but unfortunately due to my personal family situation it won't be for me just as easy as getting out in Feb and coming back in March to apply for the extension. So I need to find the way to fill that gap, any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Anyway, I don't want to monopolize the forum with my own personal situation, just add my case to the many out there, it feels really bad that after all these years of working hard, paying taxes and contributing to the US economy we have no voice, almost no rights, and my biggest concern are my kids who were born here but given my situation they are like second class citizens.

Will see, Mr. Rajiv please keep your initiative for a petition or something like that going, at least that could give us some hope or let our voice be heard.

Thanks.

Very Upset

Well said Jharkhandi....... after all I'm also Jharkhandi......... You look like a sensible man......

Cheerup guys If GC is not there for you guys... India is not bad to live with all the $$$$ you earned till today......

Re: An intersting thought comes to mind

Rajiv,
It's is nice to see that somebody is willing to do smth. Thank you for your support!

Just want to find out what is the decision/status with the letter you were going to put to DOL centers and if you need any help with this - how i can help you ?