Late December Filing

EE2000 said:
Iyana76 : Does your lawyer have the tracking number for it. How did they ship it?

He shipped it first class mail. I didn't ask about the tracking number because I don't think he has one.

hi Iyana,
My DO is NYC. i will post my timeline once i go for the infopass. i guess my delay is becoz i had already applied under the EB3 category and now i am tranferring my papers here. i read in this forum that the process will only start after the concerned dept has all the previously filed papers. Of course that is my guess. any way let me know if u recd anything in the mail today. just curious to know how effective the infopass is.

Iyana76 said:
IS there anyone who filed I485/765 in December. My lawyer sent my package out to the Chicago lockbox on December 21st or 22nd. I spoke to his assistant today, she told me they haven't received anything from USCIS yet. She also said they haven't cashed the checks. Please post if you've filed in late December.

See my Signature below

Separate Notices?

Based on the post this may be a silly question -

I believe there are separate notices for 130 and 485 - right? so most people here have received 130 receipt and not 485?

I filed in Dec and have received 130 notice but not 485 :(

Thanks

coyne203 said:
Based on the post this may be a silly question -

I believe there are separate notices for 130 and 485 - right? so most people here have received 130 receipt and not 485?

I filed in Dec and have received 130 notice but not 485 :(

Thanks

There are seperate receipts for I-130 and I-485. I received the receipts for both on the same day.

Hi Fhji,

Please excuse my ignorance...I am new to this website....I got my finger printing done on Jan 24th in Chicago...how did you know that your file been transferred from MSC to CSC as you mentioned below....

"File Transferred from MSC to CSC on 1/23/2007
Notice received from CSC about the Transfer on 1/29/2007
Counting until today"

Thanks in advance...

Sputnik!!!

chitownsputnik said:
Hi Fhji,

Please excuse my ignorance...I am new to this website....I got my finger printing done on Jan 24th in Chicago...how did you know that your file been transferred from MSC to CSC as you mentioned below....

"File Transferred from MSC to CSC on 1/23/2007
Notice received from CSC about the Transfer on 1/29/2007
Counting until today"

Thanks in advance...

Sputnik!!!

I knew the cases have been transferred to CSC through two ways, first, on Jan 23, I received email from the uscis website saying that the cases have been transferred, on Jan 28, we received lettering from MSC telling us the cases have been transferred. Hope it helpes.

hi
we did call the Customer service yesterday regarding my I130 which was filed on dec 26th and we were told that the reason may be the tranfer from Chicago lockbox to my local service center which is NYC( i wonder if the papers are walking all the way). Anyway jokes apart the rep really did not know for sure and asked us to call back the coming Monday. i just have recd a nd for dec 28th ano FP or LUD afetr that. really worried and tired of waiting. will see what happens on Monday.

:(

Nothing much happening on my end.

I received a letter from USCIS telling me they haven't received anything in my name. I spoke with my lawyer on Monday who seems to be very nonchalant with this situation. I spoke with him today also and he said he sent a letter to USCIS via priority mail to inquire. I'm not sure what I can do since they haven't even received my application yet. I guess all I can do is pray that they get to it eventually and wait.

unlucky_girl said:
hey iyana76
any news? i will probably call them up tommorrow. will post the outcome.

December filing people I think we should start getting movement on our files around end of Feb. according to processing times. In mid Jan they were processing Oct.30 stuff. so by mid Feb they should be processing Nov.30 and by end of Feb they should be at mid Dec. stuff. A lot of Nov filing people have been getting their EAD and interview notices. After you have your FP there will usually be an LUD on your case and not much after that. so if you start to see LUDs around end of Feb. that means your EADs etc. will be coming soon. The wait is a killer, isnt?

:mad: Update on my case.

My lawyer is a liar and will be dealt with accordingly I won't write what's happening here but let's just say my application was received by USCIS weeks ago perhaps even months ago. However I will say the reason why my case isn't being considered by USCIS at the moment is totally my lawyers fault. Hopefully they receive what they asked for weeks ago sometime next week since I heard he sent it to them earlier this week. He is very shady!!! Hopefully you guys can read between the lines to figure this out. I really can't say much here.

Advice to anyone who will be filing......don't use a lawyer unless you absolutely have to. I'm at a lost for words right now.

Get all your paperwork from your attorney

Guys,

It is very important that you vet the potential attorney for your immigration case before deciding to use him or her. This isn't the 1st time we read about an attorney screwing someone, and try to hide their actions. :rolleyes:

I understand that you don't want to say much, but my advise is simple. Go to your attorney, request all your paperwork which he should return to you, your check and ask for a refund of the fee which you paid him. If possible, call them and request that these documents be prepared and you will come and pick them up, as you intend to file the paperwork through other means. If they give you hell, please go the local police station and file a complain, bring the officers there and get your paperwork. :cool: After you get all your paperwork, call the American Bar Association in your state, make an appointment to go there and file a complaint against your attorney. :eek:

You better have all your receipt, and USCIS can back your story that he never mailed the paperwork to them. So, he will have nowhere to hide. So, I wish you all the best. In future, please vet any attorney, see that he's still allowed to practice law, check to make sure he is actually an attorney. :rolleyes:

My brother-in-law was screwed by a shady attorney, but I ensured that the attorney knew where he began... :mad:

Al Southner,

Thank you for your advice I've been on this Forum for awhile now and you always give great advice.

I know this Lawyer very well; he has helped quite a few people I know. However, I think it's time for him to retire. At this point he's clearly only in it for the money, that really pisses me off. What he did is so over the top I really can't believe it. All I can do right now is wait once again (because apparently he has done what was needed to clear this up) hopefully this time around it won't be to hear bad news again.

Please, I'm advising the people from NY as well as nationwide to do extensive research on the lawyer in that area. I wish I can say more but I'm in a bind right now.

I should've went with my intuition and filed myself.

this is my wierd situation. i applied under the eb3 category 3 years ago and since the processing retrogressed. i then applied late december in the family 1st category, but what worries me is the fact that except for the receipt and the notice date i havent recd anything i.e finger prints appt or anything. i do have work permit and so did not apply for one. we did call up the 1800 number and they are asking us to call next week each time we call them since they do not know where exactly the papers are. hoping i will get some info end of this week. If my name check has been completed and finger prints have been taken before will they do it again as the category is different.

any input is greatly appreciated
:confused: :( :(

Iyana,

Sorry to hear that you are having this unfortunate experience with such a lawyer.

As Al suggested, do not wasted any time and get all your information, documents, etc from your present lawyer. If I were you, I would either contact another lawyer , or perhaps, file the application myself.
There are very good posts out here that will guide you through your process. Once you have applied and received receipts from the USCIS, then deal with your lawyer.

I wish you luck and take care! :)

txgirl said:
Iyana,

Sorry to hear that you are having this unfortunate experience with such a lawyer.

As Al suggested, do not wasted any time and get all your information, documents, etc from your present lawyer. If I were you, I would either contact another lawyer , or perhaps, file the application myself.
There are very good posts out here that will guide you through your process. Once you have applied and received receipts from the USCIS, then deal with your lawyer.

I wish you luck and take care! :)

Hey txgirl,

Thank you for your concern.

I got some news from USCIS yesterday I spoke to a really nice IO who searched high and low in the system for my application. Guess what? My application was never filed. I'm now in the process of getting my filing fees, paper work and the money we paid the lawyer back. I've been really down lately due to all that has transpired but I'm trying to stay strong.

I stayed up late lastnight filling in all the applications. I printed them out today I chose this route instead of using the froms because my hand writing is not the best. I will be flying out to Connecticut to my mom's house on Friday. I made arrangements to get a copy of my medical exam, the nurse was nice enough to have it for me as of 1pm today. I will be picking it up on Friday as well. We need to take passport photos on Friday in addition to making copies of everything I need. I prefer to file myself I don't think I will be trusting a lawyer anytime soon. I hope all goes well.

Checklist (Please let me know if I have everything) Thanks in advance :)

I-485
I-485A
I-765
G-325A
I-864

Passport Photos 2 each
Immigration Medical

Copies of the following

Approval for I-130
I94 (Front & Back)
Passport with Visas
Tax Returns for the last 3 years
Tax Transcripts for the last 3 years
Birth Certificate (from my Mom and I)
Mom's Green Card

At first I thought filing myself would be overwhelming but since I've finished filling out the forms I feel much better. Now on to copying those papers.