Late December Filing

Iyana76

Registered Users (C)
IS there anyone who filed I485/765 in December. My lawyer sent my package out to the Chicago lockbox on December 21st or 22nd. I spoke to his assistant today, she told me they haven't received anything from USCIS yet. She also said they haven't cashed the checks. Please post if you've filed in late December.

I filed on Dec. 14th and received stuff from them Dec. 19th and my FP notice on 28th and cheques were cashed just before that. I suspect because of Christmas-New Year's-so mine went pretty fast. it is weird that your lawyer has not gotten anything yet.

catjupp said:
I filed on Dec. 14th and received stuff from them Dec. 19th and my FP notice on 28th and cheques were cashed just before that. I suspect because of Christmas-New Year's-so mine went pretty fast. it is weird that your lawyer has not gotten anything yet.

Thank you for responding. Like you said it probably is due to my package being sent in right before the holidays, I'm trying not to panic.

I am in the same boat

Applied my 485 on dec11, 2006 and no reciept number yet.
let me know when u recieve it. i will do the same.
:(

raidohri said:
Applied my 485 on dec11, 2006 and no reciept number yet.
let me know when u recieve it. i will do the same.
:(

I will be sure to update when I recieve something. Hopefully it'll be soon :(

I guess it depends on where you sent your package. Chicago is really fast and the severice center is slow in issuing receipt notice.

I485

No update on reciept number for my 485 app.filed on dec11th and it is already
5 weeks now.

please let me know if any body is in the same boat

Filed on Dec 18th but receipt date was 1/3/2007.Just got biometric appointment for 1/23/2007. DO: Detroit

If I were you I would give it 30 days and then maybe call your lawyer to enquire, or if I dont have a lawyer, would call the customer service center for an update.

But I think they usually ask you to wait for a certain period of time before you start enquiring. (dont know if its 30 days or more)

Also, apart from the Christmas and New Year eve holidays, we have had 2nd of jan 2007 closed and 01/15/07 as a holiday for most states.

Good Luck! :)

Late December Filling

My spouse Time line below with a late December filing. Am even surprised that they worked during christmas.

Spouse - DO- NYC

Application Mailed 12-23-06
Receipt Date 12-25-06
Notice Date 01-02-07
FP Notice Date 01-04-07
FP Date 01-17-07

Still no update.

I will be waiting until it's 30 days then I will schedule infopass. I got that info from the USCIS website and spoke with someone on the phone.

My timeline

I filed I-130, I-131 and I-485 with Chicago Lockbox on December 21st, Here is my timeline
Dec 25 receipt date
Dec 29 Notice Date
Jan 2 Check Cashed
Jan 16 Receive Finger Print Notice
jan 25 Scheduled Finger Print Notice
Hope that helps and good luck to you

Hi
I am new to this forum. Here is my Time line

DO NYC
sent 130 application on DEC 26th 2007
ND Dec 28th
No LUD's whatsoever after that. :confused: :mad:

i called up the 1800 number and the message was to wait for a month. that will be next week. so i will call up next week. will keep u guys updated.

Timeline Below

Spouse - DO- NYC

Application Mailed 12-23-06
Receipt Date 12-25-06
Chq. Cashed 12-29-06
Notice Date 01-02-07
FP Notice Date 01-04-07
FP Date 01-17-07

LUD - I485/I765 - 01-10-07
LUD - I485/I765 - 01-17-07
LUD - I485/I765 - 01-20-07

unlucky_girl said:
hi iyana let me know if the infopass helped and the outcome.

Hey girl :)

On 01/22/07 I called USCIS and spoke to someone. I told them that it has been a month since my laywer sent my I485/I765 to the Chicago lockbox. I told them I haven't recieved a receipt notice yet. The Customer Service Rep. filed a "None receipt service request" she took my address, phone number, and fax number. She said they will contact me soon but also mentioned that I should wait 45 days, if I don't receive anything call back.

I'm not at my mailing address right now so I have to wait until Monday to check my mail. Hopefully something will be there. I'm wondering if the method of delivery expedites cases. I think it does, my lawyer sent my package via regular mail :rolleyes: Most people send their packages via Fed ex. I've realized most cases with this method gets noticed almost immediately. I can be wrong about this though. I'm also not sure if this has something to do with it but my DO is Charlotte, NC. I've heard they are much slower than other DO's. At this point all I can do is wait. I'm tired of stressing myself over this.

Best wishes to everyone with their cases.

If you guys know how long I've waited for this you'd be surprised :rolleyes:

So waiting a few more months won't kill me :)