K visa RFE

richie55

Hello, I need guidance. I have applied for an I-129F petition for an alien fiancee for my girlfriend in Ghana. When I was doing my citizenship, I believe I erroneously put on the form that she was my wife. I have just received an RFE for my application, and they are requesting a divorce certificate for me and her because USCIS records indicate that we have been previously married, but indeed we never got married. What do I do in this regard?

This does not seem like a mistake or a simple error to me. When you listed your finance as your wife on your N400 form, you must have included the date in which you got married. So how did you come about the date listed on the N400?

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, the truth is I don’t see the possibility of your sponsoring her at this point, frankly speaking. Even if you now decide to withdraw the I-129F, get married and sponsor her for a spousal visa, you will still be required to present a divorce certificate for the first marriage since you’re on record as already being married. The US embassy in Ghana is aware of the fact that some applicants can easily get fake documents in support of their applications, so they are used to giving very close scrutiny to applicants from there and the documents they present. You should have never lied on your application(s) in the first place.