• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Just got the KCC Congratulations for The DV-2008, Have Some Questions

Hi dN3tGuru,

Are you sure about the court letter about change in my Birth date and ID Number is enough ?!
Cuz all of my certificates and ... have the old ID # and Birth year printed on them, just like someone else got those certificates !! ...
But I have a legal letter from the court that my ID # and Birthday are legally changed in result of a court order, hence I can also request a new university certificate and ..., So are you sure that that letter would be enough ?!

We give the best advice based on our experience or knowledge gained in this site. I think none of us can say "100% sure" unless they have been in the same situation. Also, immigration law is constantly changing. In my country, we don't have ID number, so I can't tell you exactly what you should do. But, I think you have 2 choices:

1. Submit certificates with old ID #. Prepare court document as well as its English translation, just in case.
Explain the situation only when question is asked.

or

2. Collect certificates with new ID#

If I were you, I would prepare court document with English translation no matter I choose 1 or 2 just in case.

If you search threads with keyword "Iran" you will find DV winners from Iran. It looks like one of them has HP in Arabic about the process based on his/her experience. It might help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you search threads with keyword "Iran" you will find DV winners from Iran. It looks like one of them has HP in Arabic about the process based on his/her experience. It might help you.
Again thank you for giving me your precious time and answering my questions, well I've already searched the forums, as I always do before asking !
But the reason that I've asked some questions here is, either reading some threads would make some confusion for me, or I didn't find the answer or any similar issue !

Again thank you !

Some Question About DS-230 Q20 : My younger child has not reached 17, so what should I write here ?! Where he have lived for the last years, or nothing or just "N/A : Not Reached 17" ... ?!

Do I need to write the Case # in top of all DS-230 Forms ?! (Something mentioned in the catalog they sent with the NL)

dear all ...

do you have any idea, what will happen if I answer the question #10 and #11 just by N/A?

since I don't have US address nor family nor close friend over there.

Hi hermawan,

As far as I know, you can answer Q10 as N/A, but you need address for Q11.
I don't know the case which DV winner wrote N/A in both Q10 and Q11.
Some people borrow an address from mail service company by paing some fee. It looks like mail forwarding service.

thanx toomackie

I think it's not paying "some fee" .. its a lot of fee :D since we have to mantain the borrowed address from the very beginning to the end of DV process ..

at UPS store .. the opening will cost about $58 than add $11 each month for a small size box + fee for forwarded letter if any ... if the process take 2 years? :(

anyway this kind of service has came to my consideration.

I receive the NL letter last week #AS00005XXX
I'm now in country northern US trying to finish my doc.

No Idea about the Q20 ?! :confused:

BTW, I didn't find anything related to both Iran and affidavit support by using properties owned ... !

About the case number ?! shall I write it on the DS-230 forms ?! as the catalog says write it on any form and mention it in case of any contact ...

Hi dN3tGuru,

Do I need to write the Case # in top of all DS-230 Forms ?! (Something mentioned in the catalog they sent with the NL)

You have to write your case # on the top right corner of ALL documents you sent to KCC (DS-230 1&2, DSP-122, any additional sheets). I wrote the number on every page.

About Q20 for your younger child, I don't know exactly what you should write since I don't have children. But, since s/he is under 16, N/A should be fine. Or if you want to write it more specific, you can write "N/A (under age of 16)"

Okay toomakie, I did what you said and I hope it's gonna be alright :) !
Again many thanks for the ideas and info y'all gave me !

Hi dN3tGuru;
congratulations, unfortunately your case number is high, and you must ready for evreything! I hope the embassies don't work as slowly as this year.

And ammerican Embassy in Ankra dosen't accept anything but I-134 from Iranians! Try to find one proffesor!

Why dont you check my weblog? you will find tones of information for Iranina winners there!

I'm waiting for you there!