July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Case status online still not available for cases starting with MSC????
Has anyone been able to get the status on such cases?

Timeline
7/27 - I130/485/864/694 for mother sent to Chicago Lockbox
8/29 - NOA of action received
9/4 - FP completed

I am able to access my case online. You will be soon just keep checking.

well u r in adjustee status till they adjudicate the petition. I personally refer to it as “IN TRANSIT” status

AOS
I remember when I was dealing with I-485, somebody told me, can't remember that person from USCIS phoneline or from the FP office.

EAD approved!

Hello everyone,

I completed my Fingerprinting on 8/31 - took all of 5 minutes in-and-out of the USCIS office in Memphis.

On 9/4 - I finally received my receipt notice (it was dated 8/29 with a receipt date of 7/24)

On 9/7 - I got an online status update on my case saying "Card Production Ordered"

On 9/11 - I got an email saying that the "Approval Notice" has been mailed.

From time of application, to approval - it was 44 days! Quick! Now I'm feeling bummed that my new EAD will start from September (original EAD was set to expire in Dec'07) and I could've waited a little longer before applying for my renewal. Ah well, I guess I shouldn't be greedy!

Thanks for everyone's support.
Hello fellow July filers!

I applied for a renewal EAD.

App mailed to Chicago lockbox on 7/23/2007. Checks cashed on 8/10/2007. I received my fingerprinting notice on 8/13/2007 but have still not received the receipt notice for the renewal EAD.

The fingerprinting notice has my application number but when I try to use it to track my case on uscis.gov, it gives me an error message saying "invalid case number".

Anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks!

Trinigirl: The info you need. DO: Memphis, TN; Status: Spouse of USC

August filers any updates?

Hi group,
Congratulations to those of you who have some updates:) .
I haven't seen any August month filer updates in this thread.
Do post any progress recieved. My package was recieved on Aug-13th and I haven't recieved any response since then .My checks haven't been cashed either.The complete silence is really annoying after having paid the exhorbitant new fees :mad:

Trinigirl : I'm unable to open the excel file link from your signature. Complains about the file not existing.Can you take a look when you have a sec.
Thanks!

I-693 Question

I have a question for anyone to answer- I didn't mail my I-485 with the medical b/c A) didn't have time to do it before the fees went up & B) didn't have the extra money on hand to spend it. Back in February went I went to Infopass just to ask several questions how to file they told me it's OK if I mail everything out without the medical. Now I have the money to do it and was wondering if I need to wait before they send me a notice for USCIS that I need to get it done or if I should just go ahead and get it done at my convenience. Any suggestions?
This is what is says on their website:
Note: When Applicants Should Get Their Medical Exam: The results of the medical examination are generally valid for only 12 months. Applicants should schedule the medical examination as close as possible to the time you file for Adjustment of Status.
Note on Where to File:
If filing for adjustment of status at a Service Center, you should submit the completed Form I-693, sealed in an envelope from the physician, with Form I-485 package to the Service Center. If filing for adjustment of status at a local office, you should submit the completed Form I-693, sealed in an envelope from the physician, at the time of your adjustment of status interview. Please note: some local offices request that you file Form I-693 with your adjustment of status application packet to allow for quicker processing. Please check the web page of your local office under "Local Filing Procedures" to determine if your local office wants Form I-693 at the time of filing Form I-485 or at the time of interview.

Thanks.

Personally, I would wait for the letter requesting your medical before sending it, just incase. But that's just me

Wondering about timeline

F1 Student married to USC on 8/16/2007

Application submitted from Boston to Chicago ( Lockbox office).

8/22/2007: Sent package by USPS I-130, I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765, I-131 /w a check of $1365 all together

8/24/2007: USPS package was delivered at Chicago, IL 60680

My check is neither cashed yet nor I received any receipt from USCIS.

I called the 800# 2 times and they mentioed that due to backlog allow them 90 days for any further communication.

My questions to Folks

1) Is there anyone with the same kind of experience?
2) Does anyone know that how much time it will take to get my file on the track?
3) I haven't sent I 693 yet, is this the reason for this late?
4) How much time it will take to get my EAD card?

I would really appreciate if anyone could update me with the correct information.

Thanks

I have a question for anyone to answer- I didn't mail my I-485 with the medical b/c A) didn't have time to do it before the fees went up & B) didn't have the extra money on hand to spend it. Back in February went I went to Infopass just to ask several questions how to file they told me it's OK if I mail everything out without the medical. Now I have the money to do it and was wondering if I need to wait before they send me a notice for USCIS that I need to get it done or if I should just go ahead and get it done at my convenience. Any suggestions?
This is what is says on their website:
Note: When Applicants Should Get Their Medical Exam: The results of the medical examination are generally valid for only 12 months. Applicants should schedule the medical examination as close as possible to the time you file for Adjustment of Status.
Note on Where to File:
If filing for adjustment of status at a Service Center, you should submit the completed Form I-693, sealed in an envelope from the physician, with Form I-485 package to the Service Center. If filing for adjustment of status at a local office, you should submit the completed Form I-693, sealed in an envelope from the physician, at the time of your adjustment of status interview. Please note: some local offices request that you file Form I-693 with your adjustment of status application packet to allow for quicker processing. Please check the web page of your local office under "Local Filing Procedures" to determine if your local office wants Form I-693 at the time of filing Form I-485 or at the time of interview.

Thanks.

If I were you I would find a way to see if you could send it ASAP. You should call USCIS.gov and ask them what they think you should do. I think that if you send additional mail you have to add your alien registration number and/or your case status.

I am afraid that if you wait till your case makes it to the top of the pile, and they request for this INITIAL EVIDENCE then your case will be sent back to the bottom until they receive that evidence and you will have to wait all over.

I am not a lawyer, but here is what it says about requests for Initial evidence, additional evidence and rescheduling at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=16:

"There are several important exceptions to the processing times shown below:

-Case processing will be delayed if we must ask you for more evidence or information.
If we ask for missing required initial evidence, count the processing time from when we receive that missing evidence.
-The case processing timeframe will start over if a customer doesn't appear for an interview or asks that it be rescheduled."

I would call and ask USCIS what you should do. If they say to wait, then wait. But if you read what I posted, it seems like initial evidence can send you back a few steps thus increasing your total waiting time.

I-693 was Initial evidence BTW.

8/22/2007: Sent package by USPS I-130, I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765, I-131 /w a check of $1365 all together

I called the 800# 2 times and they mentioed that due to backlog allow them 90 days for any further communication.

My questions to Folks

2) Does anyone know that how much time it will take to get my file on the track?

I would really appreciate if anyone could update me with the correct information.

Thanks

According to the USCIS Application and Receipting Update (see link: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ace7ec20cfbd4110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD) they haven't processed your application yet.

Typically EAD takes about 90 days/

HTH

My questions to Folks

Thanks

Hey!!

I am not sure of what I may say here because I am not a lawyer, but a few things seem a little weird here.

First of all I mailed all my stuff before the fee increase it cost me a total of $765 (without the I-131)
You filed in august which is after the fee increase, and say you only paid $1365. That's impossible because the new fee for I-485 is $1010 (plus the biometric fee) and the fee for the I-130 is $355. Those two alone are $1365.

What about the fees for I-765 and I-131? Do you not pay for them anymore?

I do not think they process your stuff when the money isn't good so you will either get the things returned or best case scenario get an RFE/RFI.

Now answers to your questions:
1) Check the board and you will see that people's timelines around this backlog period show that we have waited a month or more to get our checks cashed.

2) Check previous posts and see for peoples timelines, usually in signatures at the bottom. You can check mine.

3) I-693 is initial evidence so that could be one of the reasons. From what I heard and read, since its initial evidence and not additional evidence, your application may only begin the processing time only when they get it. Check out: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=16

4) Once again check out different timelines. From what I see it usually takes just a little under 3 months. Uscis.gov says 11 weeks at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=16

But that is considering you sent everything complete.

Hope all this has helped. You should really check about the fee. Because I beleive the I-765 and I-131 are over $300 each, which seems to be missing in the check you wrote. No need in sending additional check though until they write to you requesting for it, because you don't have an alien registration number nor a case number, and are not in the system, so they won't be able to link your check to your case.

My questions to Folks

Thanks

Welcome to our thread abhipdesh,

You should not worry that you have not receive anything form USCIS yet here is a link to the latest update for were USCIS are with inputing info into their computers. This list comes out once a week either on a Monday or Friday's. You can also look at the first post on this thread look at the attachment spread sheet to see a list of us who sent our apps and are still waiting on receipts notices or finger print appointments. Here is the link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ace7ec20cfbd4110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

The I-765 and I-131 are included in the new fee if they are filed concurrently with I-485
Hey!!

I am not sure of what I may say here because I am not a lawyer, but a few things seem a little weird here.

First of all I mailed all my stuff before the fee increase it cost me a total of $765 (without the I-131)
You filed in august which is after the fee increase, and say you only paid $1365. That's impossible because the new fee for I-485 is $1010 (plus the biometric fee) and the fee for the I-130 is $355. Those two alone are $1365.

What about the fees for I-765 and I-131? Do you not pay for them anymore?

I do not think they process your stuff when the money isn't good so you will either get the things returned or best case scenario get an RFE/RFI.

Now answers to your questions:
1) Check the board and you will see that people's timelines around this backlog period show that we have waited a month or more to get our checks cashed.

2) Check previous posts and see for peoples timelines, usually in signatures at the bottom. You can check mine.

3) I-693 is initial evidence so that could be one of the reasons. From what I heard and read, since its initial evidence and not additional evidence, your application may only begin the processing time only when they get it. Check out: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=16

4) Once again check out different timelines. From what I see it usually takes just a little under 3 months. Uscis.gov says 11 weeks at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=16

But that is considering you sent everything complete.

Hope all this has helped. You should really check about the fee. Because I beleive the I-765 and I-131 are over $300 each, which seems to be missing in the check you wrote. No need in sending additional check though until they write to you requesting for it, because you don't have an alien registration number nor a case number, and are not in the system, so they won't be able to link your check to your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
spread sheet

Trinigirl, where is the excel spread sheet that you prepared. I can't see it. What is the next step after finger prints??

That darn spreed sheet. Did you check the first page on the on the thread. After Finger prints you should get your ead or and interview appointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
The I-765 and I-131 are included in the new fee if the are filed concurrently with I-485

Thanks for clearing that out Elvi_C. I did not know that. I thought the I-485 alone was $1,010.

I learned something here.

So abhipdesh fee was correct. That's good because from what I read the first thing they check is if you sent the correct amount.

Anyway abhipdesh like I said earlier it took around 1 month for everybody who filed around this period to get their checks cashed. Then check the different timelines and Trinigirl's excel sheet to have an idea of what to excpect.

Trinigirl, where is the excel spread sheet that you prepared. I can't see it. What is the next step after finger prints??

If you go on uSCIS.gov and look at the link for processing times (at chicago lockbox at least) it says that it takes 11 weeks from RD to get EAD. So that is your next step I would think or like trinigirl said, you will first get your interview letter.

From what I see people are getting their EAD's approved 2-3 weeks after the fingerprints, which is consistent with the 11 weeks wait.

Yes, Elvi_C explianed now you do not need to pay fees for I 765 and I 131 if you are submitting them concurrently with I485.

Thanks a lot to all of you for provding useful inputs.

This is a great way to calm your selves