July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

We also opted to use a lawyer for this process. Our issues are a 15-year overstay + 15 years of unauthorized work. The lawyer is more for peace of mind than anything else!

Lawyer at home :)

Well, for me it was much better . My wife is a lawyer in making :) so I had to put little effort to prepare the documents . I am still curious though what happened after july 27th that suddenly they stopped processing the cases or what:) ..Anyway we are hoping things would be simple for me since I don't have and overstay issues and I have been on legal h1 or f1 visa all the times my stay here but u never know ..:)

??District office, filing center

thanks Garcia,
this forum is very conforting that there are others in the same boat.
I live in NorthDakota, what will be my district office and filing center?
Minneapolis and Vermont may be?? Where can I find it?

Taking forever...

Guys,

Applications at USCIS are really taking forever.

Here is the status of my application(s).

Filed I-130 for Dad: 07/25/2007
Received by USCIS : 07/27/2007
No receipt,
No checks cashed.

Thanks.

Raj.

I live in NorthDakota, what will be my district office and filing center?
Minneapolis and Vermont may be?? Where can I find it?

Well, the local office (LO) where you will have your interview is in Minnesota:

2901 Metro Drive, Suite 100
Bloomington, MN 55425

The Application Service Center (ASC), aka office for biometrics (finger printing, photo, signature) will be either in Fargo or Helena, MT.

You can find out more at:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

Dl

I have one question...do You guys know when I will be able to apply for driver license?I know I need my merriage certificate as a second ID but they check legal status.I dont know if it is possible for me to get DL now or i will have to wait till I get GC??
Thank you for help:)

why would you ask a question like that on this thread? Only thing I know you need to get your EAD so you can get a social security number. Anyone with more info, please jump in.

Correction / update

Trinigirl,

I just checked the excel file and realized that I need to send you some more info. I have filed my applicaiton at the Chicago Lockbox and I guess the District Office will be Baltimore, MD.

I created a signature, but it is not showing up in this window.

I see few people who submitted on 07/27 that are waiting for the notice or for the checks to be cashed. I have submitted on the 29th, the last day before the fee increase, so I guess I will have to wait another week before my checks are cashed.

Trinigirl,

I just checked the excel file and realized that I need to send you some more info. I have filed my applicaiton at the Chicago Lockbox and I guess the District Office will be Baltimore, MD.

I created a signature, but it is not showing up in this window.

I see few people who submitted on 07/27 that are waiting for the notice or for the checks to be cashed. I have submitted on the 29th, the last day before the fee increase, so I guess I will have to wait another week before my checks are cashed.

Thank you so much for the rest of the info. Please have a little more patience with USICS, your day is coming soon.:)

Thank you so much for the rest of the info. Please have a little more patience with USICS, your day is coming soon.:)

Hello..,
Finally got 3 receipt notices in the mail today dated back the 27th.. but oh well so now jus waitng for them to mail me a FP apointment for code 3.
good to know that they are not sleeping.....lol..:)

Netesh they seem to be moving in the right direction I'm happy to update your info:)

Thanks!!!!
In my last 8+ years of dealing with INS BCIS USCIS, ETC. one thing is very common....INCONSISTENCY...LOL...I hope they prove me wrong this time;) Having said that, on a positive note, USCIS has been the most efficient lately than the era of its old name/s