July 2009 Family Based Filers - Post Here

Hey Guys our journey has finally ended we got an approval for 10 years on Tuesday.The interview was very easy the IO was very nice , my wife was asked the yes and no questions ,we were asked for our home address ,my date of birth ,the wifey's date of birth ,my birth certificate or my usc passport,our house phone number,I was asked for the wife's cell phone number then she asked her for my cell phone number ,the IO asked to see the picture album she didn't even held any pics or asked to see any utility bills .She then stamped and signed the approval letter and that was it , the interview actually lasted 10 mins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview letter received

Hi guys,

A little update on my process. I just received the "initial interview letter" in the mail to day. Is the "initial interview" what all of us have been mentioning in this forum or this is a stoke interview something?
Thanks guys

I asked the similar question, I understood that you get one interview and if you pass then your good to go.

Sooo is the stokes mandatory? Or do you get it only if you fail your 1st interview?

I'm a bit confused too.

Congrads on getting ur interview!!! Mine is Sept.22nd.. Yay:)

I asked the similar question, I understood that you get one interview and if you pass then your good to go.

Sooo is the stokes mandatory? Or do you get it only if you fail your 1st interview?

I'm a bit confused too.

Congrads on getting ur interview!!! Mine is Sept.22nd.. Yay:)

Thanks SpanishGirl, I am exciting too.

That is what I am wondering. Does everybody else interview letter addresses the interview as "initial", or something else?!

Thanks

Is the following sufficient for our interview:

-Passports and Birth Cert for both
-2-3 photo albums of pictures for us
-Plane tickets from 1.5 years ago until now
-Letters / cards
-Joint checking account statement
-Joint Amex account
-Joint Visa account
-Joint cell phone bill
-Joint Car insurance
-Joint health insurance
-Contract of house we are buying (both signatures on it)...

The only thing is that we got married at the tax office, and have 2 lame pictures of us.. our real wedding will be within the year either in the US or Canada, we are still deciding on location. Will this be a problem?

Thus, my last name had not changed. It is still my maiden name.

Any advice will be great, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks SpanishGirl, I am exciting too.

That is what I am wondering. Does everybody else interview letter addresses the interview as "initial", or something else?!

Thanks

I found an answer that was in an attachment on this site:

3.PEND1NG FOR STOKES INTERVIEW:
Stokes interview otherwise known as «the second interview» is the most difficult form of interview an applicants could be subjected to. Stokes is scheduled if the parties fail the first interview. This book is designed to help you pass the first interview and avoid stokes, but if you find yourself at the stokes interview table, this book will also become invaluable. You will definitely need it.Usually, when you fail the first interview, some examiner will tell you, some will simply endorse your passport with a notation that your case is pending without any request for additional documents. Some examiners will give you an appointment for stokes at the table, while some will simply tell you to expect a letter in the mail.Stokes interview takes place about a year from the date of your first interview. At the stokes interview, your case will either be denied or approved depending on your performance.

I found an answer that was in an attachment on this site:

3.PEND1NG FOR STOKES INTERVIEW:
Stokes interview otherwise known as «the second interview» is the most difficult form of interview an applicants could be subjected to. Stokes is scheduled if the parties fail the first interview. This book is designed to help you pass the first interview and avoid stokes, but if you find yourself at the stokes interview table, this book will also become invaluable. You will definitely need it.Usually, when you fail the first interview, some examiner will tell you, some will simply endorse your passport with a notation that your case is pending without any request for additional documents. Some examiners will give you an appointment for stokes at the table, while some will simply tell you to expect a letter in the mail.Stokes interview takes place about a year from the date of your first interview. At the stokes interview, your case will either be denied or approved depending on your performance.

Hi,
Do you mind show me where did you get the quote. I want to take a look at the book that could help us out with the first interview.

Thanks

Today i called to expedite my I765 and was told answered by email in 5 days.
Then i came to mailbox. My IL was there ,but also my wife and my son's passports that i applied a month ago. I'm really surprised

Hi,
Do you mind show me where did you get the quote. I want to take a look at the book that could help us out with the first interview.

Thanks

Your interview is not a stoke interview it is the initial interview so all you need to do is have the info requested on that IL letter and try not to look nervous when you are being interviewed and believe me everything will be all right because they will observe you guys as a couple to see how you interact with each other.

Is the following sufficient for our interview:

-Passports and Birth Cert for both
-2-3 photo albums of pictures for us
-Plane tickets from 1.5 years ago until now
-Letters / cards
-Joint checking account statement
-Joint Amex account
-Joint Visa account
-Joint cell phone bill
-Joint Car insurance
-Joint health insurance
-Contract of house we are buying (both signatures on it)...

The only thing is that we got married at the tax office, and have 2 lame pictures of us.. our real wedding will be within the year either in the US or Canada, we are still deciding on location. Will this be a problem?

Thus, my last name had not changed. It is still my maiden name.

Any advice will be great, thanks!

Hey,
My wife kept her maiden name for the time being we had the same documents that you have listed except the contract of house you are buying since I have already bought a house all I did was just to add her to the mortgage, but just like you we got married at the court house with no pictures taken on that day.To answer your question you have more than enough for the interview just be your self.

Hey,
My wife kept her maiden name for the time being we had the same documents that you have listed except the contract of house you are buying since I have already bought a house all I did was just to add her to the mortgage, but just like you we got married at the court house with no pictures taken on that day.To answer your question you have more than enough for the interview just be your self.

Thank you! Your answer is appreciated!

Hi guys,

Thank you all for the very helpful answers. I still have one more question need to ask you. When the interview letter came, it said only appear for the I-485 case that we file for. What about the I-130, in my interview envelop there was no NOA for the I-130. Is this normal, same thing with you guys too?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Thank you all for the very helpful answers. I still have one more question need to ask you. When the interview letter came, it said only appear for the I-485 case that we file for. What about the I-130, in my interview envelop there was no NOA for the I-130. Is this normal, same thing with you guys too?

Thanks

there is no interview for the I-130 once your I-485 is approved it gets approved at the same time.besides the reason why you have an interview date is because of you obtaining a visa through your I-130 application.

Hi guys,

Thanks

Only 1 interview needed, and only for I-485.

Our interviews are 2 days apart!!! Best of luck!!!

wrong SSN on I485 form

I just got a notice for interview date on 9/24/09.
When I review the forms, I found I put down wrong SSN on I485 form, SSN on other forms were correct though.

Is it going to cause any problem for background check?
Or the background check should be already done since I got the interview notice already?