July 2008 filers here?

Mine is same , no updates, just shows received july 25 and pending?

I think MSC has online updates not working?

Well, I have a friend whose online case status was never updated last year (2007) but he went through the whole process and got his GC anyway within the year, so I'm hoping it doesn't mean anything that my case isn't being updated like other posters.

AP Approved

I received email today that my AP was approved yesterday and an approval notice is sent to me. I hope this is the AP document itself and not just a notice of approval.

I received email today that my AP was approved yesterday and an approval notice is sent to me. I hope this is the AP document itself and not just a notice of approval.

Hmm I read EAD, but still "approval notice sent" means they sent the actual AP documents.

Hi woodenshoe101,
Have you started to get your SSN? how long do they say for you to have it?
Thanks!

I've had a SSN for years (restricted to on-campus employment), but I think the typical time line is about 2 weeks (if i recall correctly)

I've had a SSN for years (restricted to on-campus employment), but I think the typical time line is about 2 weeks (if i recall correctly)

Good for you! :)
I've been on a couple of job interviews already and no one would actually sign before I get my SSN even if they want me for the job :( I hope my EAD comes soon.

AP Documents received

Hey guys,

I received my AP documents yesterday. Why did they send me two of the same thing? Anyone got two also?

Woodenshoe101,
You seem to be very active in this thread and if you had followed the instructions of nkumar7 on "how to do it yourself" post in sending the package, you can help me clarify if you got the interview letter with checklist of things that you have already sent. The reason I am asking is I moved out of the state where I had obtained my court copies and to go back and get them is a big trouble, I don't want to make a trip unless its warranted.

Hi all - First time posting on this thread...Great to see things are moving for July filers now!

I applied EAD/AP/Greencard etc. in July - got my receipt date July 10th and did fingerprints at start of August...still waiting for any news on EAD/AP - it's day 84 by my count.

One thing that has me worried is that my online status hasn't changed to pending at any time - it only says that they mailed out the documents in August (i'm guessing these were biometric appointment docs) and I should receive them in 30 days. Has anyone had a similar experience where the case status never changes to pending? Sorry if this is redundant!

Thanks

S

Woodenshoe101,
You seem to be very active in this thread and if you had followed the instructions of nkumar7 on "how to do it yourself" post in sending the package, you can help me clarify if you got the interview letter with checklist of things that you have already sent. The reason I am asking is I moved out of the state where I had obtained my court copies and to go back and get them is a big trouble, I don't want to make a trip unless its warranted.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but yes, the interview letter has a checklist of things to bring, some of which have the condition (if not sent already). Also it says to bring originals and copies of evidence you present or have already submitted.

For police reports and court papers, you need to bring originals per the checklist and a copy. If you don't have them anymore, it might be a hassle to get another set, but I don't think you can get out of bringing them.

hi all,
i have a strange issue, I have signed in for the online status check. I was able to add my 485,765,131 but when i try to add the i-130 with the receipt # it says case not found. Now, does this have to be your spouse to create this profile? I am thinking she is the applicant and hence she has to add even thought i am the beneficiary.

hi all,
i have a strange issue, I have signed in for the online status check. I was able to add my 485,765,131 but when i try to add the i-130 with the receipt # it says case not found. Now, does this have to be your spouse to create this profile? I am thinking she is the applicant and hence she has to add even thought i am the beneficiary.

You should be able to add.

Got my Interview Letter yesterday! Yey! :) October 21 at Mount Laurel, NJ. Got to figure out how to get there ASAP. :p

Hope everyone else gets their ILs soon!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but yes, the interview letter has a checklist of things to bring, some of which have the condition (if not sent already). Also it says to bring originals and copies of evidence you present or have already submitted.

For police reports and court papers, you need to bring originals per the checklist and a copy. If you don't have them anymore, it might be a hassle to get another set, but I don't think you can get out of bringing them.

Pls advise on what court papers you are talking about. I am a July 130 and Aug 485 filer. I plan to move probably before my ID. Do I need to get anything from here before I leave? I plan to go miles away.

Pls advise on what court papers you are talking about. I am a July 130 and Aug 485 filer. I plan to move probably before my ID. Do I need to get anything from here before I leave? I plan to go miles away.
Court papers only apply if you have ever been in court (i.e. for DUI's, or whatever) for something. If you have been in court, the paperwork should have been sent with your package as initial evidence (not sure in relation to what form though).

If you have never been to court for anything, you have nothing to worry about. (I'm not bringing any to the interview as i have never been in contact with the law other than some parking tickets)

Last edited by a moderator:
Court papers only apply if you have ever been in court (i.e. for DUI's, or whatever) for something. If you have been in court, the paperwork should have been sent with your package as initial evidence (not sure in relation to what form though).

If you have never been to court for anything, you have nothing to worry about. (I'm not bringing any to the interview as i have never been in contact with the law other than some parking tickets)

Phew! Thx!