January 2010 Filers, post here

Thanks folks,
so here's our interview experience.

We arrived at the Memphis I.O about half an hour before our interview. We brought pics (had about 100 from the last 4 years, none from wedding), bank statements, original birth certs and copies, original lease, phone bills showing long term contact, receipts of hotels stayed, marriage cert and all the copies from our applications, I-94, all docs from USCIS.

We waited in the waiting room for about 25 mins and was called in my a stern looking middle aged man. He led us into the office make us took oath and began to rumage through the paper work. He asked my my DOB, full name, place of birth and asked my wife the same. He then asked my my american address, asked when I came over, who did I work for before I came over and weather I quit or was made redundant, I told him that I had quit because of an issue with pay but had contact with a prospective employer and that I had intended to return home in Nov, I then showed him my original airline ticket with return date in Nov.

He asked how long we'd known each other, 4 years we told him. He then asked what docs we had to show, so we gave him our bank statements and that was it, he requested no other paper work. He said have we been traveling within the states since I ve been here, yes we replied, New Orleans, Boston, Savannah, Charleston, Memphis etc etc. He then asked to see our photos to which we gave him our folder. About 100 pics of us half of when I was in the states and half on other trips around the world I have been on with my wife before we were married and when I was still residing in my home country.

He said ok Im going to approve your case. This was the only time when he made eye contact.

An that was it! All over

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks folks,
so here's our interview experience.

We arrived at the Memphis I.O about half an hour before our interview. We brought pics (had about 100 from the last 4 years, none from wedding), bank statements, original birth certs and copies, original lease, phone bills showing long term contact, receipts of hotels stayed, marriage cert and all the copies from our applications, I-94, all docs from USCIS.

We waited in the waiting room for about 25 mins and was called in my a stern looking middle aged man. He led us into the office make us took oath and began to rumage through the paper work. He asked my my DOB, full name, place of birth and asked my wife the same. He then asked my my american address, asked when I came over, who did I work for before I came over and weather I quit or was made redundant, I told him that I had quit because of an issue with pay but had contact with a prospective employer and that I had intended to return home in Nov, I then showed him my original airline ticket with return date in Nov.

He asked how long we'd known each other, 4 years we told him. He then asked what docs we had to show, so we gave him our bank statements and that was it, he requested no other paper work. He said have we been traveling within the states since I ve been here, yes we replied, New Orleans, Boston, Savannah, Charleston, Memphis etc etc. He then asked to see our photos to which we gave him our folder. About 100 pics of us half of when I was in the states and half on other trips around the world I have been on with my wife before we were married and when I was still residing in my home country.

He said ok Im going to approve your case. This was the only time when he made eye contact.

An that was it! All over

Congrats Eiredpf.

Narayan

congrats,im happy for u. one question thou,did they ask to see ur passport n did he ask for ur i-94 card?im so stress right now bcuz i sent my passport to be renewed n until now its not ere n i call like a million times n they keep telling me ill get it next week n its still not ere.im hoping i get it before the 20th bcuz thats my interview date.

congrats to u. one ques,did they take ur i94 card n ask to see ur passport?bcuz i sent my passport in to be renewed n until now i havent received it n i keep callin n they tell me next week n next week still havent received it.im so worried to wat will happen if i dont have my passport on the 20th.

congrats to u. one ques,did they take ur i94 card n ask to see ur passport?bcuz i sent my passport in to be renewed n until now i havent received it n i keep callin n they tell me next week n next week still havent received it.im so worried to wat will happen if i dont have my passport on the 20th.

Yeah sorry, after the request for birth certs he asked for both my passport and I-94. I gave him the passport and he flicked through it looking for my I-94 so think thats all he was looking for. Can't be sure tho. Hope this helps.

Hi,
Today I had my interview. I think I going to be approved but I can not be 100% sure. IO said that everything looks good and if they need something else they will send me a letter. Otherwise they will mail green card.
The whole thing took maybe around 30 minutes. First the IO asked for IDs that went thru my file. Then asked for copies of married certificate, birth certificate for my 2 kids, original of my birth certificate with translation and my wife's naturalization certificate.
Then IO asked for pictures and joint documents. We've been married for over 4 years and we had a lot of joint documents. IO took only last tax returns, bank statements and two photos.
Next IO went thru I485 application and ask if our address is correct and asked the yes/no questions. IO looked deeply into my eyes when reading the questions and listening to my answers. It was kind of funny when I think about it now.
Next the IO took my I-94 and didn't ask for EAD Card. Now I'm thinking why? Did she forgot or there is another reason?
Anyway she said that everything looks and she will review the whole application and supporting documents afternoon to make sure that everything is in order. If it does they I should expect green card in mail within 2 weeks.
To make sure if I was approved I asked it but she basically repeated what she said before. The IO put our file behind her back among many other files.
One more thing about the interview. The IO didn't look at the computer at all. The whole interview was based on information from the folder file. And IO didn't request the EAD. Do you think that it means something?
Now I'm checking my email for a message from USCIS.

Our experience:
Our interview was schedule at 11:30am at Chicago we arrive 11:00 am, we got called 11:50 am (we did not have a lawyer)
The IO was on his mid 30s he was nice and polite, he asked for IDs I show my passport and my wife her driver license, He ask my name and date of birth then he ask the same to my wife. He asks me when we got marry and how many kids we have and names (we have 2 kids 3 and 1 year old).
Then he ask about my last marriage when how long and if I just got married to get green card which was not the case (my ex-wife file for me but we got divorce before the interview), things did not work out I was much younger. He asked when was the last entry to USA and previews entries, on 1996 and 1997 I over stay more than 180 days and he says that he needs to look into it.
He said that we will receive a notice in two weeks. We were so sad we almost cry.
This afternoon when I got home I got an email,
Does it means I was approved?
Document production or Oath Ceremony
On April 8, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283
DATE STATUS
16-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL (130, 485, 765)
18-Jan-10 USCIS Received Application
22-Jan-10 Notice of Action Received
28-Jan-10 Biometrics Notification
16-Feb-10 Biometrics Date
11-Mar-10 I got notice Card production ordered EAD I-765
04-Mar-10 Interview Letter
08-Apr-10 Interview Date Pending
12-Apr-10 Welcome Notice
XX-XXX-XX Green Card Received

Today I receive the Welcome Notice and my wife the I130 Approval Notice
Thank god this is almost over.
Good luck to everyone.

Just a small update. Yesterday got my SSN. Now the only thing left is the interview next week. I'll keep you posted. Best regards and luck to all.

My DO is NEWARK (NJ)

01/26/2010 (Day 1): Mail package-I-130,I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864, G-325A to Chicago lockbox Via USPS EXP. Mail.
01/27/2010 (Day 2): Package received by USCIS.
02/02/2010 (Day 8): Check cashed.
02/06/2010 (Day 12):Received NOA- (1-797C) for I-130,I-465 & I-765 by mail dd. 02/02/2010.
02/12/2010 (Day 18): Received ASC (Biometrics letter) for 02/22/2010 by mail.
02/22/2010 (Day 28): Biometrics done.
03/25/2010 (Day 59):EAD, card production ordered.
03/26/2010 (Day 60):IL received for 04/27/10 ---- (Interview Letter dd.03/18/10)
04/03/2010 (Day 68): EAD Received.
04/05/2010 (Day 70): Applied for SSN.
04/12/2010 (Day 77): Rec'd SSN.
04/27/2010 (Day 92): Interview Day.

Just a small update rec'd SSN card yesterday. (04/12/10), as you all can see on my timeline my interview is on 04/27/10.

Lexin,I wish you all the best and good luck on Thursday.

Yes, GL chicagomixed. Lexin your turn next, all the best!! I wonder how did mmamminna's interview goes.

Fancyjagirl, I think you should do your best to get your passport. Coz I believe the IO will ask for it during the interview. Just tell your embassy that you'll have GC interview coming soon. They would understand and give it back to you.

Next week is El Hacha, Fancyjagirl, and Realcool1 from Dec09 - All the best everyone!!

January Filers' Interview Date:
- KoalaBear: 04/07 - DONE.
- Eiredpf: 04/08 - DONE
- Toro12: 04/08 - DONE
- Chicagomixed: 04/12 - DONE
- Mmamminna: 04/12 - DONE, maybe?
- Lexin: 04/15
- El Hacha: 04/19
- Fancyjagirl: 04/20
- Realcool1: 04/22 (filed on December 09-RFE)
- Rabin: 04/27
- Fushy: 05/03
- Leloup1169: 05/04
- Narayan: 05/07

For others that is not on the above list, feel free to update the list if you received your IL.

So, I think it went fine. Went on time, got in in 5 minutes, IO went through everything. Parent's fingerprints failed twice and we were sent to obtain police clearance from police headquarters. Cost is $5 for Chicago. We dropped the letter back to IO and are waiting on decision now. Questions asked:
When did you enter the US?
How many times have you entered the US?
How many places have you lived in the US?
Have you worked, are you working now and what do you do?

All of the other questions were related to the clearance - were you detained, issued tickets other than traffic and so on.... Prior the specific one parent was placed under another oath and a witness asked to come when signing the document. This is only valid IF your fingers failed, so don't freak out, it is just another procedure that we had to go trough.
The IO was friendly and nice. There were no hard questions or any that might be interpreted to be hard. IO took I-94 but not the EAD card.

Good luck to everyone and I hope all of your interviews go well! I will be around if anyone has questions and will let you know when the GC will come (I hope soon)!

So, I think it went fine. Went on time, got in in 5 minutes, IO went through everything. Parent's fingerprints failed twice and we were sent to obtain police clearance from police headquarters. Cost is $5 for Chicago. We dropped the letter back to IO and are waiting on decision now. Questions asked:
When did you enter the US?
How many times have you entered the US?
How many places have you lived in the US?
Have you worked, are you working now and what do you do?

All of the other questions were related to the clearance - were you detained, issued tickets other than traffic and so on.... Prior the specific one parent was placed under another oath and a witness asked to come when signing the document. This is only valid IF your fingers failed, so don't freak out, it is just another procedure that we had to go trough.
The IO was friendly and nice. There were no hard questions or any that might be interpreted to be hard. IO took I-94 but not the EAD card.

Good luck to everyone and I hope all of your interviews go well! I will be around if anyone has questions and will let you know when the GC will come (I hope soon)!

Congrats mmamminna,

Good Luck rest of the people who are ready for Interview.

Narayan

Thanks Rabin & Koalabear!!! i'm not nervous just anxious/excited.. i know it sounds strange but hope its for the best. Will keep you guys posted in detail. My interview is at 2PM and our attorney will be there too. GOD!

Thanks Rabin & Koalabear!!! i'm not nervous just anxious/excited.. i know it sounds strange but hope its for the best. Will keep you guys posted in detail. My interview is at 2PM and our attorney will be there too. GOD!

Lexin - Hope you must have come out of the Interview successfully. Appreciate, if you can share your Interview experience to all of us.

Narayan

Hello everyone! so here's our interview experience.

We arrived at the Newark Office about half an hour before our interview. We brought literally everything and anything related to our reunion. 20 minutes after 2:00 my name was called and was greeted by an Asian American lady. She had a straight face.... directed us to her cubicle stood and sworn to tell the truth. As soon as we sat down she asked for our ID,passport as we were digging for it she asked me what the name of my spouse was, where we met, where we got married, if i know my spouse parents and just went thru the I-485 questions. The entire interview didnt even last 10 minutes. I would say 6 minutes the most and said i have no reason not to be believe this marriage is a sham. That gave both of us a relieve and we asked her if everything is fine and good to go. She said just wait for your green cards by mail blah blah...
Its a huge relieve to close this chapter of our lives and enjoy our marriage finally. Good luck to Rabin, Narayana7 and the rest!!!!

ps: She took my I-94(stapled it to the I-485), our bank statement copy, and lease (is that normal for the last two???)

We arrived at the Newark Office about half an hour before our interview. We brought literally everything and anything related to our reunion. 20 minutes after 2:00 my name was called and was greeted by an Asian American lady. She had a straight face.... directed us to her cubicle stood and sworn to tell the truth. As soon as we sat down she asked for our ID,passport as we were digging for it she asked me what the name of my spouse was, where we met, where we got married, if i know my spouse parents and just went thru the I-485 questions. The entire interview didnt even last 10 minutes. I would say 6 minutes the most and said i have no reason not to be believe this marriage is a sham. That gave both of us a relieve and we asked her if everything is fine and good to go. She said just wait for your green cards by mail blah blah...
Its a huge relieve to close this chapter of our lives and enjoy our marriage finally. Good luck to Rabin, Narayana7 and the rest!!!!

ps: She took my I-94(stapled it to the I-485), our bank statement copy, and lease (is that normal for the last two???)

Congrats Lexin, Good job.

Congrats Lexin Good News!

Good Luck to all who are ready with their ILs.

Narayan