January 2010 Filers, post here

KoalaBear

Registered Users (C)
All January 2010 Filers, please post your progress and status here.
Thank you & all the best to everyone :eek:

For me:
USC Sponsoring Wife

DATE STATUS
18-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
19-Jan-10 USCIS Received Application - Day 2
XX-XXX-XX Check Cleared
XX-XXX-XX Notice of Action Received
XX-XXX-XX Biometrics Notification
XX-XXX-XX Biometrics Date
XX-XXX-XX Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
XX-XXX-XX Interview Letter
XX-XXX-XX Interview Date
XX-XXX-XX Green Card Received

09-Jan-10 Application sent to Vermont
14-Jan-10 Check Cleared
16-Jan-10 I-797C / Notice of Action Received

15-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL (I-130, I-485, I-765 and G-325a, forgot about I-693, I will sent it later).
19-Jan-10 Package delivered.

By the way I have a question. I sent one check for paying both I-130 and I-485 fees, I it's ok or I will need to send two separated checks?

Last edited by a moderator:
15-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL (I-130, I-485, I-765 and G-325a, forgot about I-693, I will sent it later).
19-Jan-10 Package delivered.

By the way I have a question. I sent one check for paying both I-130 and I-485 fees, I it's ok or I will need to send two separated checks?

Yes, it is ok to send one check for both the I-130 and I-485. My wife and I send one check. However, the USCIS website says if one form is rejected during the initial review (checking to make sure the forms are signed and the right edition) then all forms will be rejected and you will have to re-submit. The I-130, I-485, and I-765 will have their own receipt numbers. I suspect that you will receive a RFE for the I-693. If your application is not rejected for it then wait till you receive a letter requesting it. The reason is they want you to send the additional evidence with the RFE letter you received.

Oh, by the way, did you include the I-864 (Affidavit of Support) for the I-485?

Yes, I included it ( my wife and a joint sponsor, since my wife earnings are not enough)

All forms were properly signed and the right edition (the last ones downloaded from the USCIS web site)

I have started a thread like that days ago, and I just deleted it. Below is my time line. Unsure whether I-693 is mandatory for everyone and whether I should start working on it now.

I have started a thread like that days ago, and I just deleted it. Below is my time line. Unsure whether I-693 is mandatory for everyone and whether I should start working on it now.

The I-693 is manditory in most cases. You most likely receive an RFE at some point of the process for the I-693.

i received mailed a notice that my sponsor those not have enough to sponsor she makes like 13k after tax,so how do i reply the mail,what form should i fill can i the immigrant be a joint sponsor but i have only leaved in the state for less than a 2months,and have never worked here.or should i get another sponsor,which form will i need to send, will my formal sponsor need to fill in the form all over,can i use a friend that is not a family,just a member of my church.

Walk in for FP done in Chicago, the prints were bad, so likelihood of going again is high. How long does it take for a second letter for FP, does anyone know? Thanks

Walk in for FP done in Chicago, the prints were bad, so likelihood of going again is high. How long does it take for a second letter for FP, does anyone know? Thanks

I think I heard of someone that got a letter in the mail about two weeks later that said the prints were rejected and to wait for another appointment letter. You get two tries at fingerprinting. If you are not successful at the second time then they will request police clearances.

Joining thread, eventually got all docs for my wife (petitioner) and myself sent to Chicago.
Now the big wait and hope everything goes well............................ :)

i received mailed a notice that my sponsor those not have enough to sponsor she makes like 13k after tax,so how do i reply the mail,what form should i fill can i the immigrant be a joint sponsor but i have only leaved in the state for less than a 2months,and have never worked here.or should i get another sponsor,which form will i need to send, will my formal sponsor need to fill in the form all over,can i use a friend that is not a family,just a member of my church.

You can use the household income (not only your sponsors) to meet the 'USCIS minimum income requirements'. You can also include value of assets and income of other relatives too (do remember that they need to be living in the same residence... which is KEY here). Recommend you refer I-864 instructions under the section "What If I Cannot Meet the Income Requirements?".

Recommend calling up your lawyer for some detailed advice here, they should be able to recommend alternatives. You can double check on advice from one of the free consultation lawyers (check google with the keywords "immigration lawyer free consultation").

january 2010 filer

timeline: filed i485
01/14/2010-mailed to chicago ,il
01/17/2010-received date january 17,2010
01/25/2010-check cashed
01/25/2010-biometrics notice for feb25,2010
02/25/2010-biometrics done!!

On March 22, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

just received my work permit today!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ummm I didn't fill the form for the e-mail service, can I sent it with the RFE (if I'll get any)?. I hope to find today the NOA in my mailbox... :)