January 2010 Filers, post here

Yes, but that doesn't mean USCIS will accept the FPs of senior citizens the 2nd time for that reason, does it? Or do they just accept it in the 2nd try?

i think it because of the age,so they have problem with biometric.that is my opinion to it because i have heard of it before now.

Hey folks,
just a quick update. Few notice from USCIS from the last week. 3/11 first EAD production email and IL for 4/8, thought the interview date is really really close, bit strange how close but at least we're nearly there. : )

I have an interview coming up in two weeks and there has been a job switch with my spouse. At the new job hes a part time employee and i am worried the last two pay stubs will hurt the GC decisions since it might be too low. Any idea what we should do, pls advise me.

why twice? whats difference b/n the first production email and second email... i ask this b/c i didn't request for text or email notification. thanks in advance

Think the first one is for the actual production and second is for when it's sent out. Think thats right unless someone can shed some light?

Is there anyone who applied around the same timeline as below and NOT received interview letter yet? I am planning to go over seas for summer i.e. last week of May thru end of July. Should I wait to receive the interview letter or should I go ahead and book the tickets?

01/18/2010 Ship date to Chicago
01/19/2010 Delivery date
01/26/2010 CHECKS
01/28/2010 Received Notices I130, I485 and AP
02/08/2010 Received Notice for Bio-Metric
02/16/2010 Biometric appt
03/11/2010 I-131 approved email
03/16/2010 I-131 received in mail

Is there anyone who applied around the same timeline as below and NOT received interview letter yet? I am planning to go over seas for summer i.e. last week of May thru end of July. Should I wait to receive the interview letter or should I go ahead and book the tickets?

01/18/2010 Ship date to Chicago
01/19/2010 Delivery date
01/26/2010 CHECKS
01/28/2010 Received Notices I130, I485 and AP
02/08/2010 Received Notice for Bio-Metric
02/16/2010 Biometric appt
03/11/2010 I-131 approved email
03/16/2010 I-131 received in mail

achill,
What is your district office? Some offices take longer then others because they are busy. I always gave USCIS an expectation of 30 days before I questioned what is going on. Since your FP appointment was 4 weeks from today, I would recommend calling at the end of this week if you haven't received anything.

Hi Lexin,

I'm checking my email and mailbox everyday like crazy but nothing yet. I'm expecting to receive first an email message but no luck so far and I need it badly because I don't even have a ssn. In addition I'm about to quick my current job because the guy I work for stopped paying his employees checks including me of course. So I'm praying now that it comes soon. Good luck to everybody with IL and EAD card.

Hi Lexin,

I'm checking my email and mailbox everyday like crazy but nothing yet. I'm expecting to receive first an email message but no luck so far and I need it badly because I don't even have a ssn. In addition I'm about to quick my current job because the guy I work for stopped paying his employees checks including me of course. So I'm praying now that it comes soon. Good luck to everybody with IL and EAD card.

I am in the same situation as you are. I just got off the phone with my attorney and he says since i only have 3 weeks left for the interview theres a big probability they might not send out the EAD cards. Which means i have to struggle for another month or two till i get my GC. Maybe info-pass might help us find out on the status.

If the GC and EAD are sent from the same location, then they are mailed from Lincoln, NE (probably the Nebraska Service Center) according to the postmark on the envelope my wife's GC came in. Also, I got the 2nd Card Production Email for my wife on a Tuesday morning, dated for that Monday (the prior day), and the postmark was on Thursday.

Hi,

I got EAD email yesterday evening. So far everything goes as expected, although I thought the email would come earlier. Lexin I don't see your time line so It's hard to say if you should expect EAD email to arrive in coming days. From what I noticed from prior threads, most of filers receive it before interview. Please show your timeline. Good luck.

Hi,

I got EAD email yesterday evening. So far everything goes as expected, although I thought the email would come earlier. Lexin I don't see your time line so It's hard to say if you should expect EAD email to arrive in coming days. From what I noticed from prior threads, most of filers receive it before interview. Please show your timeline. Good luck.

Thanks for your response :) Unfortunately i did not fill out the form that lets notify by e-mail and sms messaging. I am just checking my mail box everyday and as for my timeline you can see below i started mine 10 days before you did.. just sitting fingers crossed.

DO: NJ
01/08 (Day 1) Package sent to Chicago (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-693, G-325A)
01/12 (Day 4) Documents received at Chicago
01/13 (Day 5) Checks cashed
01/16 (Day 15) NOA received by mail for I-485, I-765 and I-130
01/23 (Day 16) FP letter received for 02/02/10
02/02 (Day 26) FP Done
03/12 (Day 59) Received IL dated 04/15
04/15 (Day 93) Interview date

Last edited by a moderator:
For my Wife:

USC Sponsoring Wife:

Here is the timeline:

DATE STATUS
20-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
23-Jan-10 USCIS Received Application - Day 3
24-Jan-10 Check Cleared
27-Jan-10 Notice of Action Received
29-Jan-10 Biometrics Notification
12-Feb-10 Biometrics Date (Could not complete as ASC Finger Print Machine not working) rescheduled
02-Mar-10 Biometrics done successfully
XX-XXX-XX Waiting for I 765 ?
XX-XXX-XX Interview Letter ?
XX-XXX-XX Interview Date ?
XX-XXX-XX Green Card ?

Today, on checking the status of my case, On I-765 application status, it is showing as Document Production or Oath Ceremony. Can anyone explain what does this mean?? whereas on I-485 application Status , it is still showing as Initial Review.

Appreciate, if anyone explain on both?

Thanks
Narayana

For my Wife:

Today, on checking the status of my case, On I-765 application status, it is showing as Document Production or Oath Ceremony. Can anyone explain what does this mean?? whereas on I-485 application Status , it is still showing as Initial Review.

Appreciate, if anyone explain on both?

Thanks
Narayana

It means your Employment Authorization Document(EAD) is in production state and will reach your mailbox pretty soon. As for the I-485 that will change after your interview day depending on the decision made by the IO. Most likely your interview will be in April. Good Luck!