N400 (5 years path)

N400 Forms sent - 1/13/2012
Application recvd - 1/18/2012
Notice Sent - 1/20/2012
Fees Deducted - 1/23/2012
FP Notice Mailed - 2/14/2012
FP Notice Recvd - 2/16/2012
FP Scheduled Date - 3/12/2012

@Nothere - I agree....seems they listened to us....finally!! :)

I have almost a month's waiting time before my appt at Milwaukee....Can I do a walk-in FP....?

Does anybody have experience with that?Will it speeden up the process!!??

Got FP notice and did walk in!

I got my FP notice yesterday and did a walk in this morning. It was one of those moments where you know Jesus helped you out alot! LOL! I learned that the worst time to do a walk in is in the morning which was when I went (due to all the people). When i gave my notice to the office at the front desk he never noticed that i was going 1.5 weeks early. About 20-30 minutes later that same guy stop an other man from doing a walking! Now to start waiting for the IL! ;)

@Subram - Glad to hear you got your FP Notice! I could be wrong but i believe you and i were the only ones left waiting on FP Notice. I would do a walk-in if i was you, it cant hurt you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my FP done today. It was empty in there. The FP lady was not in a positive mood and I was also not in a positive mood. She did not wet my thumb and the machine erjected the thumb print. But she moved on to other finger. I said, the machine did not accept the thumb. And she said, yes I know. Then she asked me to remove glasses and took my pic. I said, the machine did not take the right thumb. She said that she cant go back to the thumb and has to take pic and my signature before she can go back. God knows why. So then she took the thumb print again and finally the machine accepted it.

So now Im nervous if FBI will reject this.

On my way out I asked the receptionist about it and she said that often times FBI rejects the finger prints and that I will get another notice in mail if that were the case. So I said, but it delays my application process. And she said, no it doesnt.

Anyway, I wish that these people at the FP center would their jobs properly.

Fp

Had my FP done today. It was empty in there. The FP lady was not in a positive mood and I was also not in a positive mood. She did not wet my thumb and the machine erjected the thumb print. But she moved on to other finger. I said, the machine did not accept the thumb. And she said, yes I know. Then she asked me to remove glasses and took my pic. I said, the machine did not take the right thumb. She said that she cant go back to the thumb and has to take pic and my signature before she can go back. God knows why. So then she took the thumb print again and finally the machine accepted it.

So now Im nervous if FBI will reject this.

On my way out I asked the receptionist about it and she said that often times FBI rejects the finger prints and that I will get another notice in mail if that were the case. So I said, but it delays my application process. And she said, no it doesnt.

Anyway, I wish that these people at the FP center would their jobs properly.

Just on a quick note: It looks like that is how their system works. If a print is rejected they can't just go back and redo the FP, they have to take the picture and then they can go back to redo whatever was rejected at the time... Relax and enjoy the ride!

Case Update

I received 2 emails today. The first telling me that i was in line for an interview. The second telling me that i was scheduled for an interview and that a letter has been mailed. Woot Woot! Very Excited! :D

@smile - Hang in there i am sure you will hear something very soon!

I received 2 emails today. The first telling me that i was in line for an interview. The second telling me that i was scheduled for an interview and that a letter has been mailed. Woot Woot! Very Excited! :D

Wow! Seems like you were scheduled for interview few days after you did you walk-in FP. Congratulations!!
I did walk-in FP this morning. Hope to hear some good news like you soon...:)

Wow....congratulations!

Yeah....i hope so too.....i don't care about the time frame so much as i do about the date as we have some plans for march!

Biometrics Done, Walk-in

I did my FP today, I just walked-in. Place was empty, and I was out in less than 5 minutes.

01/23/12 N400 mailed express mail
01/24/12 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ office
01/25/12 Priority Date
01/28/12 USCIS email/sms confirmations received
01/30/12 Check cashed
01/27/12 NOA Mailed
01/31/12 NOA Recieved (I-797C)
02/14/12 USCIS FP email/txt received
02/16/12 FP letter received
03/07/12 FP Appointment
02/27/12 FP Done (Walk-in)
xx/xx/12 Online Status changed to Testing and Interview
xx/xx/12 YL received
xx/xx/12 IL received
xx/xx/12 Interview
xx/xx/12 Oath Ceremony

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Yellow Letter today to bring State issued ID and previous marriage records to the interview. (since mine is marriage based application). I had sent all these with the application and was anyways going to take all original documents with me for interview..........but wondering why they asked for these 2 things only!

Got Yellow Letter today to bring State issued ID and previous marriage records to the interview. (since mine is marriage based application). I had sent all these with the application and was anyways going to take all original documents with me for interview..........but wondering why they asked for these 2 things only!

From reading other threads, seems like YL is just an auto generated letter with not much significance. Some people's status never changed to Interview and Testing, yet they received the YL. So I would bring whatever they ask and some more.

I feel like my case has been going real slow so far. I wonder why.

Received Interview Letter Today

I received my interview letter today:)D), I can't believe that in 30 days i will be at the last step of this crazy process. I wont know what to do with all the extra time! LOL!

@smile - Good to see some movement on your end!

I received my interview letter today:)D), I can't believe that in 30 days i will be at the last step of this crazy process. I wont know what to do with all the extra time! LOL!

@smile - Good to see some movement on your end!

Congrats.......will wait for ur interview experience update! All the best!

Just got email today that my application has been scheduled for interview and i should recieve the letter soon! Just hope its not at the end of March!

Question: when your status changes from Initial Review to Interview and Testing, do you receive email/text notification?

Question: when your status changes from Initial Review to Interview and Testing, do you receive email/text notification?

Did anybody see any LUD? I have done FD in Feb 16 and my status is still Finger Print notice sent and the LUD is same. Kind of weird........

You gat email/text only if you have registered yourself on the USCIS site and opted to recieve notifications. I had'nt until recently so I would just keep going on the site and check status.

Yes. Status would change to (or somewhat similar words) and you would get text/email for both.
  1. Your case has been put in que for interview scheduling
  2. Your case is now scheduled for interview.
They both fall under ' Interview and Testing' and you would get status change notification for both sub-events..