Jan 2012 N400 tracker

Oath ceremony

N400 (5 years path) (Arizona / Milwaukee FO)

N400 Forms sent - 1/13/2012
Application recvd - 1/18/2012
Notice Sent - 1/20/2012
Fees Deducted - 1/23/2012
FP Notice Mailed - 2/14/2012
FP Notice Recvd - 2/16/2012
FP Scheduled Date - 3/12/2012
YL Received asking for DL - 3/4/2012
FP Completed - 3/12/2012
Status changed to Testing and Interview - 3/14/2012
Interview Date - 4/18/12
OATH CEREMONY

The interview went on well.The officer was very friendly and we quickly zipped thru the questions.They went thru the application form extensively with respect to what you have filled out...esp the yes/no checkboxes for what you have done/what you have not.....so go through that part of the application!!

GOOD LUCK TO everybody

Interview Experience: Employment Dates, Traffic Tickets and Taxes addressed

The person that interviewed me was personable and very nice. He teased about knowing the answers to the “300” questions on the way to his office and even when we got there. (Frankly I was a bit nervous about the US Gov & history test, I started to think OMG I only looked at a 100 ques – hope there are not really 300 and he is joking). Nevertheless the whole thing was swift and went smoothly. He asked for the Green Card, Driver’s License and Passport and returned them to me promptly. He went through the application at which point I changed out the page which had work history dates on it. No issues. On the dates for work history I used month and year and eliminated the day, yes the form gives an error but lets you print. He asked a few questions along the way such as: “Did you pay your taxes? Have you ever been arrested? Etc.” He also asked most the questions on the last few pages of the application.

BTW I have regular traffic tickets but I did not mention them on my application – he didn’t ask me about them, I didn’t volunteer anything. I also did not volunteer tax transcripts. Got approved and recommended.

It took a while for me to get the interview date after FP – I don’t know why. But here’s my advice: Don’t offer any information in the application or interview that is not relevant. For example I wrote down professional associations and honor societies – totally unnecessary. They are really trying to understand previous political and non-kosher affiliations here. Further ensure you have solid info supporting all your claims legal or otherwise with you, but don't volunteer any information unless specifically asked for it. Also the file he had on me was about 1” thick too – not sure how they generate it. Good luck to all of you and thanks for all the help.

01/18/2012 Priority date
02/07/2012 Finger print date
5 weeks wait (interview date was scheduled 5weeks after finger print)
03/14/2012 Status changed from initial review to testing and interview
03/17/2012 Interview notification letter received
05/01/2012 Interview date < was hoping this date to be earlier

Getting really nervous about my interview tomorrow. Man this is nerve wracking. So much pressure.

Getting really nervous about my interview tomorrow. Man this is nerve wracking. So much pressure.

I know it feels nerveracking but you'll see everything will go smoothly. If you dont have any complications in your case,there is nothing to be nervous about. Wish you all the best for your interview. Let us know how it went!

Got US passport!

Hi all....just got my US passport yesterday! Took just 2 weeks! For some reason i cant update my signature....cant add anymore to it!!! So now officially,my journey on this path is over. Now will start CP for my parents in a few weeks! Good luck to everybody.

Hey guys, yous guys, I did it!!!! Oath is next Thursday. It was a thorough interview but very professional. Will post details on the Chicago thread. Thanks for the help and support. Yahoo!!!:D:D:D

I'm almost a U.S. Citizen :)

Hello everyone,

I complete my interview today; and I have to say, I was very nervous. Here is my experience:

Showed up to the USCIS office 30 minutes prior, and waited for about 40 minutes. IO called my name, and we entered her office, she was very professional and friendly. I came in over prepared, with a large amount of documents. She had me swear in, and then explain how she's going to proceed. She asked for my passport, and then had me sign some papers. She went through the application, and verified with me all the answers that I submitted on my N-400. I disclose in my application some traffic citations, she only asked me if of all have been paid, I responded yes and she did not ask for any evidence. Then we proceeded to the civic test, I answered the first six correctly and then she stopped. Then she proceeded to the reading and writing test, that was a breeze!

She told me that I passed everything, and she's going to recommend me for approval. Then she asked me to verify my information, and said this information will be on my citizenship certificate. She asked if I'm available next Thursday for oath, I gladly said yes, then she proceeded to hand me the oath letter.

I was pleasantly surprised how quick and easy the process was. The whole process took about 10 minutes, and she did not ask for any documents except for my passport. I'm extremely happy that this journey is almost over, and I will become a US citizen by end of week next week.

Good luck to everyone, and don't stress it!

01/23/12 N400 mailed express mail
01/24/12 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ office
01/25/12 Priority Date
01/27/12 NOA Mailed
01/28/12 USCIS email/sms confirmations received
01/30/12 Check cashed
01/31/12 NOA Recieved (I-797C)
02/14/12 USCIS FP email/txt received
02/16/12 FP letter received (Appointment 03/07/12)
02/27/12 FD Done (Walk-in)
03/13/12 YL received
04/09/12 Online Status Changed to Testing and Interview
04/09/12 Online Status Changed to scheduled for interview
04/13/12 IL received
05/17/12 Interview
05/24/12 Oath Ceremony

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

I complete my interview today; and I have to say, I was very nervous. Here is my experience:

Showed up to the USCIS office 30 minutes prior, and waited for about 40 minutes. IO called my name, and we entered her office, she was very professional and friendly. I came in over prepared, with a large amount of documents. She had me swear in, and then explain how she's going to proceed. She asked for my passport, and then had me sign some papers. She went through the application, and verified with me all the answers that I submitted on my N-400. I disclose in my application some traffic citations, she only asked me if of all have been paid, I responded yes and she did not ask for any evidence. Then we proceeded to the civic test, I answered the first six correctly and then she stopped. Then she proceeded to the reading and writing test, that was a breeze!

She told me that I passed everything, and she's going to recommend me for approval. Then she asked me to verify my information, and said this information will be on my citizenship certificate. She asked if I'm available next Thursday for oath, I gladly said yes, then she proceeded to hand me the oath letter.

I was pleasantly surprised how quick and easy the process was. The whole process took about 10 minutes, and she did not ask for any documents except for my passport. I'm extremely happy that this journey is almost over, and I will become a US citizen by end of week next week.

Good luck to everyone, and don't stress it!

01/23/12 N400 mailed express mail
01/24/12 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ office
01/25/12 Priority Date
01/27/12 NOA Mailed
01/28/12 USCIS email/sms confirmations received
01/30/12 Check cashed
01/31/12 NOA Recieved (I-797C)
02/14/12 USCIS FP email/txt received
02/16/12 FP letter received (Appointment 03/07/12)
02/27/12 FD Done (Walk-in)
03/13/12 YL received
04/09/12 Online Status Changed to Testing and Interview
04/09/12 Online Status Changed to scheduled for interview
04/13/12 IL received
05/17/12 Interview
05/24/12 Oath Ceremony

Congrats!!
not sure if you could tell me your reading and writing questions? As I am preparing for it. Are those vocabulary come from the last page of the booklet that we got from FP? thank you and all the best!

Today I had Oath ceremony. The culmination of the immigration process that started in 1999 has finally made me feel free. Thanks to all for their help.

I got my passport. I used regular service but received it in 15 days. Glad did not shell out the extra $$.

Well this brings to a close my immigration journey to this great land. It consumed my life for over a decade, but now that I have the passport in my hand, I challenge myself to use up all the pages soon.

The world is my oyster.

Finally received my Oath Letter today.

Hi all,

I finally received my oath letter today after waiting a long 81! days since passing my interview. It took so long because I opted for a name change and have to be sworn in by a judge. I hadn't heard anything from USCIS and only had a vague idea and hoped that I was going to be part of the next ceremony in my court district which I found out about from the court in my town. Sadly USCIS didn't mail the letter out sooner but hey, it's here now :)

DO: Atlanta
1/10/12: Sent N 400 to Texas via USPS Express
1/11/12: Documents delivered
1/16/12: Check cashed
1/17/12: Received NOA
1/23/12: FP notice mailed
1/27/12: FP notice received, scheduled for 2/01/12
1/30/12: FP done (walk-in)
2/24/12: YL
3/02/12: In line for Interview
3/02/12: Scheduled for Interview
3/08/12: Interview Letter
4/09/12: Interview Date/Recommended for Approval
4/10/12: In que for Oath Ceremony Scheduling
6/28/12: Oath letter received
7/23/12: Oath date

I apply for N 400 in Charlotte, N.C.

4/9/12 : Sent N 400 to Texas
4/12/12 : Documents received
4/17/12 : NOA received
4/26/12 : FP Notice sent
5/23/12 : FP Done

and I have got nothing since then. It is the end of July now and I still have not receive the interview letter. Still waiting....:(

USCIS naturalization interview document checklist

Dear All,

Could someone provide me a list of documents or a link(I have seen a link somewhere in this forum in the past, I wasn't in need of that then) for the documents required while apprearing for an interview next month for naturalization interview. My case is employment based applying after 5 years of waiting eligibility qualification - applying for both self and spouse, simple case.

thanks in adavence.

05/24/2012 N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with FedEx Overnight
05/25/2012 N-400 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ
05/31/2012 Check Cashed
06/05/2012 NOA received PD:05/25/2012
06/07/2012 Email notification Bio is scheduled
06/12/2012 Bio Notice received for 07/03/2012
07/03/2012 Figner print/bio done
07/06/2012 Online status changed to "testing and interview"
07/10/2012 Email notification - case was "placed in line for interview"
07/14/2012 NOA received - Interview - 08/14/2012