Jan \'02 CP - Plastic Card Tracker

POE: Detroit DOE: 2/10/02 & Card Received: 3/5/2002

Based on postings from Superman, Aishsri and others, it seems like irrespective of the POE everyone should be receiving the card this week.

Thanks to the almighty GOD, now I am an official PR!

Superman!

Congrats for CP and Card, I entered on 2/4 newark but still havent received the card, is there anything i need to do ? like I-9 ?

No Title

Nitin,

I-9 does not dictate the time frame it takes to get the Plastic card. I9 (Employment Eligibity Verification) is just an update with your company\'s HR to change your basis of employment (From H1 to PR).

One thing you can do is call the Texas INS # (It is a 214 number and is very hard to get through) and provide them with your A# and ask for an update.

If you scroll through this thread you will find the Texas INS number and other related information on what to enquire. Good luck and you should be receiving pretty soon.

Re: gc_hopeful2000

> POE: Detroit DOE: 2/10/02 & Card Received: 3/5/2002

> Based on postings from Superman, Aishsri and others, it seems like irrespective of the POE everyone should be receiving the card this week.

Congrats!

> Thanks to the almighty GOD, now I am an official PR!

That\'s a myth. You were official PR the moment you were processed for I-551 i.e., when your passport was stamped. The card is merely an "evidence" of your status, not the status itself. Remember 10 years from now when you renew your GC (assuming you don\'t apply for naturalization by then), you will be in the same state again - stamp in the passport & waiting for a card in the mail. This wait for the plastic card is not needed & has no real significance! Congrats again!

What is the procedure to make name changes.

Do you have to tell the immigration officer at the counter or in the room? Do they need any documents to verify?

FYI - To get the name corrected, I had to go to the local INS office.

They applied for a replacement card (I-90). They attached the incorrect card and 2 new GC photos with the application. It is supposed to take 6 months.
It is not yet over for me.

Received Card yesterday on March 07.

CP Interview on January 30th 2002 at US consulate New Delhi.

POE - SFO

DOE - Feb 08th 2002

Card received for wife & myself : March 07, 2002

Whole of the GC process(from filling the AEC form to card receiving date) took one year & one month exactly.

Thanks a lot to everyone for all the helps. This site is wonderful. I got to know a lots of helpful people through it.

Wishing good luck to all of you for GC process & afterwards.

Thanks
Vishal

No Title

Thanks ialsowantgc.

Technically you are right that I am an official PR right after the stamping but I am just glad it is over.

nitin140

congrats ... hopefully i ll get it soon ( POE 2/8 , Newark ) .

Looks like the INS guys in Newark , finally got their act together.