Jan \'02 CP - Plastic Card Tracker

My detail!

CP Interview - Jan 25th, Chennai.
POE - JFK, NY.
DOE - 24th Feb.
Status - Waiting for the cards.

Filing I-9 form with Employer: Done with Employer.

Updated/New SSN Card: Went to SSN office to get new/updated SSN cards, but unfortunately, this is what they have to say:
 I went to SSN office on Feb\'27th and filed the application for SSN
 cards. They said, that the INS system was not updated with the
 change of status info. And they said they would need about 4-6weeks
 to double check with INS to issue the cards.

-> Did something like this happen to anyone.?
May be I went too early for SSN cards, I guess? I don\'t know :(
Pls post if anyone had such similar experiences. Thanks for any info and direction!

Superman,Rajesh Paul...Congrats !
How r u guys doing? Finally, we are almost close to finishing off this big ordeal! Yes, Its me JAGEE, who meet u all @ Lister labs & at chennai consulate on Jan25th. So I\'m glad that everything worked out for all of us. Rajesh, is ur wife back with u?

Best wishes for POST GC life!

Thanks a lot to this Excellent Forum, which really got us thro\'. Thanks to everybody in this forum who helped me get thro this.

CP Certainly Rocks baby!

Cheers

No Title

The same happened to me. I was told to wait 2-3 months. However, when I got my plastic GC (in two weeks after POE), I went back to the SSN office and they checked the system and everything was OK this time. My new SSN card arrived in 6 days after my visit of the SS office. Good luck!

It did not happen to me. The lady at the counter did check, but

even though it did not appear on the system, she went ahead and accepted it. I got my SSN cards in 1 week. It\'s strange.

Congrats, BTW.

I also did my CP on 25th Jan. I was the first to be called on that day. Do u recall my name ?

Good luck
rvdlmn

Congrats, superman... I never knew

that they will send a welcome letter. What does it contain ? (apart from welcome).

spoke to IIO - congrats Superman

I started trying to call 214-381-1423 from 8.55 EST today and I got the line by 9.15 but I was put on hold for 45mts and finally was able to speak to IIO by 10 and she told me that card was mailed on March 1st and it may take 2 weeks.

Superman from your posting it looks like what she said is correct and I expect that we should get the cards by this week. I did receive any welcome letter so for.

Thanks

Thanks for the info!

Were u the one I spoke to u on the steps. U were told to wait for the second call or something?

(Or)

Were u the one with 2 kids who was called in first.?

Well, congrats!

POE - LAX (1/30/2002) - Spouse Received Plastic Card on 2/23/2002 & I received it on 3/1/02

Interview - Chennai - Jan 23rd 2002
POE - Los Angeles
DOE - 1/30/2002

Spouse received Plastic Card on 2/23/2002 & I received it on 3/1/02

Thanks to this forum and all the fellow CPers.

Best wishes and good luck to you all.

Do all of us need to update our Social Security Cards ? What I mean is - is it compulsory ?

Please respond.

It is better to.

If you were on H1, your SSN carries a restriction as far as your ability to work is concerned. Updating will clear this, preventing the need to further explain the situation in case a (future) employer checks, etc.

If you don\'t have an SSN, you have to get one (spouse ??).

Received plastic card 03/01 DOE 02/03

My details
CP interview - 01/23/02 in Delhi
POE - Newark,NJ on 02/03

Recived Plastic cards for whole family on 1st MArch

rvdlmn/aishri

Nothing else with Welcome Letter. It\'s a I-797 (Any INS approval form). It looks very similar to I-140/H-1 approval from INS. It just states that we will receive our cards within 3 wks. If we do not receive in 3 wks., they gave the same the number Aishri gave to call.
I am expecting cards this week.

No Title

Received the Welcome Letter (I797) with information stating that the card should arrive in 3 weeks.

POE: Detroit and DOE: 2/10/02

received plastic card - DOE 2/9 JFK

Received both my plastic card and the welcome letter but for my wife only the welcome letter. I think we should get it today.

Received Wife\'s Plastic Card on 3/4. DOE:2/9 JFK.

I hope I will receive mine today. We both received welcome letters on 3/2.

Seems that there were plastics mailed this week per Superman\'s posting. I think I should receive th

POE - LAX / DOE- 02FEB2002.

got the plastic today, but a glitch in my card.

Got the plastic. Wife’s card was ok.
But mine has typo in the firstname. I don’t know how long it is going to take a replacement card for me. Marta and others - Any idea on how long it takes to get a replacement card? What’s the procedure?
Thanks!

PS: Didn\'t get welcome letter. Had an address change at POE.