• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Is usadiverxxx com a scam website?

japferreira

Hi All,
I just paid $59 for this service only to find out it is NOT the official US federal government website. I have 2 questions.

1. Can someone tell if my information is safe with this website?

2. Should I reapply through the official website (since if an application is filled twice you are disqualified)?

Thanks so much,

Jose

Of course it is a scam. As to whether they will be responsible with your data - how could we know??

If you can get them to not enter your data, then you can enter yourself, but as you say, if they enter and you enter you will be disqualified. You need to contact them.

The official process doesn't start until October.

@vladek15425 you are absolutely correct, its very sad to read it. There was another story few days back in this forum of a young boy who was cheated by a photogragher & his DOB was entered wrongly with multiple entries.......i feel pitty for him....

Sad that the scum just find different ways to rip people off.
In the old days when everything was paper, there would be people paid at the post offices in some countries to intercept winning notification letters and demand a ransom from the person to get their letters, or even demand if the person was single that they marry someone to get the GC...

And all other sites without .gov domains could be used for "Free Eligibility Tests" etc.....and nothing more......

And all other sites without .gov domains could be used for "Free Eligibility Tests" etc.....and nothing more......

As a matter of fact, I see no reason why anyone will need to use any site for "Free Eligibility Tests". The requirements are simple enough and well laid out on the actual DV website itself. There is absolutely no reason to put your information on any other site other than the US government dedicated visa lottery site itself.

Hi All,
I just paid $59 for this service only to find out it is NOT the official US federal government website. I have 2 questions.

2. Should I reapply through the official website (since if an application is filled twice you are disqualified)?

Thanks so much,

Jose

Call the Federal Trade Commission or visit their website to report this site. The people operating it are nothing but scam artists!!

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/media/video-0055-diversity-visa-lottery-scam

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0080-diversity-visa-lottery-scams

Hi,

Thanks all for your responses. I can't believe I fell for this myself, embarrassing.

I emailed them (http://www.usadiversitylottery.com) and got a response? Here it is:

This sounds legitimate to me, or am I wrong?

Dear Jose,
I apologize for not getting back with you before now. We are a professional company and we ensure that our applicants are not disqualified due to errors in their application, we ensure that their photos meet the strict US State Department requirements and we make sure their application is submitted
on time.
Our service is much more than just submitting your application to the US State Department, ensuring that it is correct, and making sure that your photos are valid and in the correct proportions. Each year, we ensure that people that used our service and win a green card in the green card lottery
actually also receive it.
If you win a green card in the U.S. Green Card Lottery, you will NOT receive a letter or email from the U.S. Department of State Kentucky Consular Center in Williamsburg, Kentucky. It is the applicants responsibility only, to check them self on-line if they won in the green card lottery and if you
won you must print and submit several immigration applications forms as soon as possible. Being selected in the Diversity Visa Lottery does not automatically guarantee that you will receive a green card. Each year, more lottery winners are selected to apply for green cards than there are green cards
available, so it is important that selectees act promptly. If you are selected in the lottery, you will be required to file a formal visa application and attend a visa interview at a U.S. Embassy prior to receiving your visa or adjust your status if you are located in the United States. In support
of the application, it is necessary to provide documentation proving that you satisfy the work or education requirement. It may also be necessary to prove that you will not become a public charge, dependent on the U.S. government for support. This can be established by demonstrating considerable
assets, a job offer, qualifications for jobs that are in demand, or an affidavit of support. We will assist you with any questions you might have, getting all your supporting documentation in place and any questions you have when you complete the immigration firms
A race to the finish line
The winner must decide whether to immigrant visa process abroad or adjust status within the United States; and regardless of the decision, the winner should expeditiously file the application. With more than 100,000 winners competing for 50,000 visas, winning the lottery implies a race to the finish
as less than half of winners actually obtain immigrant visas. In cities where adjustment applications take many months, the choice becomes even more difficult. Furthermore, since visas cannot be guaranteed because of the limited annual quotas, advising a registrant who has eligibility or
exclusionary problems becomes even more complex (particularly where the registrant’s rank number is high). This is because person with high rank order number may only have thirty to sixty days to complete their adjustment whereas security checks alone could take ninety days.
There are two winners for each green card available and only the first 50,000 that complete their immigration forms and interviews successfully out of the 110,000 people that have been notified that they have won a green card, will actually receive a green card. Therefore, unless you are really good
at immigration interviews and completing immigration forms fast and correctly, your chance of actually getting the green card is less than 50% even after you have been selected as a winner.
We update your Account Summary page with your US Department of State confirmation number October 8, 2014 and instructions on how to check your winners status yourself on-line on the US Department of States home page, after your application has been submitted to the US Department of State October 8,
We check the winner status of all our applicants May 1, 2015 and inform them via email and phone, if they won or not. We also update your Account Summary screen with your winner status as well as instructions on what you must do next if you are a winner. We help our applicants that are winners, to
get processed as fast as possible and help them complete their immigration forms too. We also help them get ready for a successful interview at no additional charge to ensure that all applicants that have applied through our service also received the green card they won.
Since we have already error checked your application and re-sized and cropped your photo into the exact requirements we can not refund the administrative fee as this fee is designed to cover those costs. We will submit your application and update your account and also send you an email October 8,
2014 with your Confirmation number as well as instructions on how to check on-line if you were selected in the draw.
Sincerely,
Scott Baker

Customer Service
USA Diversity Lottery
9918 Turtle Bay Court
Orlando, FL 32832
United States of America

@japferreira

Read this slowly: Y.O.U F.E.L.L F.O.R. A S.C.A.M

"There are two winners for each green card available and only the first 50,000 that complete their immigration forms and interviews successfully out of the 110,000 people that have been notified that they have won a green card, will actually receive a green card. Therefore, unless you are really good
at immigration interviews and completing immigration forms fast and correctly, your chance of actually getting the green card is less than 50% even after you have been selected as a winner."
The part I quoted above from the email they sent you regarding the DV process is an example of the BS they're feeding people.

If they are legitimate, then ask them to cancel your order and refund you money. They have not rendered any services yet? Right?

Remember that the big trouble may come later when you hopefully are selected. That's when you learn that in order to get your confirmation number you will need to fork out additional money.

Ask them to cancel your order so you can submit the forms yourself.

Agree with the above. "Race to the finish", well for a few, they don't bother mentioning that the reason the bulk of winners who don't get visas are 'unsuccessful' is that they don't proceed with the application.
This bit "Therefore, unless you are really good
at immigration interviews and completing immigration forms fast and correctly, your chance of actually getting the green card is less than 50% even after you have been selected as a winner.
" is complete nonsense, and we have the stats to prove it's nonsense.
They do by the way email you to tell you to check the website for interview date.
All the info is available from USCIS or online here for free.
Agree that if they really are legit they will refund your money and not proceed. $59 to crop a photo, really? Lol. I can see where I'm going to make my fortune in the US :D
You may want to mention to them you'll be laying a complaint with USCIS if they don't refund you.

Hi All,

Thanks so much,

Jose
What was in the end the outcome Jose?? What was the result of your email and request to get the money back? Any luck? I believe the page is still online and I wonder what finally was the result in all your undertakings? .. or anyone who had the same issue?

Ok we all know by now one fact - applying for the GC lottery is free and through the official website. Does anyone have the answer though, to whether that website actually applies for you or not? Forget about the money - am I now risking a duplicate application and disqualification if I apply myself? Is there a way to know if an application was actually submitted on my behalf?