Is Amnesty being declared??? Plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
GreenCardVirus said:
Worst of all, the Amnesty program was started with out any separate quota. So the "illegal" applicants were competing for Visa numbers with "Legal" Applicants in EB3 category. What this basically means is that a Computer Engineer who landed in JFK was waiting for a Grass Cutter who sneaked in thru Sonoran Desert to get processed.
In theory, this is not always true. Most of illegals today are working for jobs that do not require higher education. This type of job will be categorized to EB3C which I believe has only 10000 quota. Computer engineers are categorized to EB3A, or EB3B.
But in reality, funny thing is people is facing deep retrogression today partly because of 245(i). I wonder how it could be like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
groon said:
No what's amazing is how you rationalize it. Working the system is not illegal. It's one thing for people to work the system to get what they want. Nothing wrong in that as long as everything they do is legal and varifiable as required. If it were illegal then most lawyers would be locked up for doing just that. Nothing wrong with coming on an F1, switching to B, and then getting married, or staying in school FOREVER. They are not breaking any laws by doing this. And if you aren't aware not everyone that follows that path has deception in mind. There are plenty of career students out there. :) You are trying to make an agrument by making an emotional appeal. Nice but ignores the facts. If you had your way we'd reward the law breakers (illegal immegrant) and punish those of us foolish enough to want to do things with in the system. Sure I am fully aware of the poor conditions many of these people are coming from but still can't condone getting here by any means necessary. I don't care what country you are from. Unless you are a US citizen you don't have a right to a job nor to US citizenship. Unless you are running from opreassion or are in mortal danger of your life if sent back you have no grounds to ask for preferential treatment. Mexicans are not the only group illegally entering our country by the way they are only the largest.

Uhh excuse me, but I beg to differ. The "system" is not only a set of laws, but a set of intentions. That's exactly why you are denied permanent residency if it is found out that you only married to gain the status. The law is that you need to be married, but the intention is that you are honestly married, and it seeks to allow families to stay together. Otherwise everyone could just pay someone and go down to the justice of the peace, or better yet enroll in a university, find some family member to hire them in some made up job position, or get a tourist visa (with no intention of EVER going back). Certainly this working of the system is illegal, because your intentions do not fit the intentions of the law. If it were ok, then why don't people just come straight out and say it, that they are working the system and what they are putting on the papers is not legit. BECAUSE THEY'D BE DENIED AND SENT BACK ON THEIR BEHINDS. How can no one see the similarity in this and people simply walking over the border?

Please. Don't try to explain away the "legal" status of many immigrants. Most are just doing what they have to do to get what they want or need. If it were up to me, I wouldn't send 11 million people home who probably have US born citizen children here. I would tighten up the borders, and devise a plan that would put them on a path to legal residency. I wouldn't skip them infront of everyone else, though. But it's just not a practical notion to think that we will sent them all packing.

Gofunky said:
Uhh excuse me, but I beg to differ. The "system" is not only a set of laws, but a set of intentions. That's exactly why you are denied permanent residency if it is found out that you only married to gain the status. The law is that you need to be married, but the intention is that you are honestly married, and it seeks to allow families to stay together.

And the ones who were granted PR proved that. If you claim that they just "worked the system" can you prove it? CIS decided differently, that the marriage (to use your own example) was genuine, end of discussion.
We all know that O.J. Simpson is a cold blooded criminal, but the Court decided he's not...end of discussion. Cheap talk in a public forum is not going to put O.J. in jail, neither put in the same boat the legal residents who "worked the system" with the border jumpers who are breaking the law.

Certainly this working of the system is illegal, because your intentions do not fit the intentions of the law.

Obeying the law and playing by the rule is illegal :rolleyes:
Then what's legal in your opinion :confused: ...if anything...

How can no one see the similarity in this and people simply walking over the border?

Because isn't any, as simple as that.
Not to mention that the one who get visas, are checked before they are approved, the ones who run (they don't walk) over the border, nobody check them, they can be criminals, drug dealers, terrorists, etc.

Please. Don't try to explain away the "legal" status of many immigrants. Most are just doing what they have to do to get what they want or need.

And what do you expect them to do more than that :confused:
Respecting the law and playing by the rules imposed by the CIS is not enough for you...but on the other hand the "border-jumpers" are OK :eek:
To me you don't make much sense, and I believe you have a hidden agenda if you insist with this nonsense
:rolleyes:

If it were up to me, I wouldn't send 11 million people home who probably have US born citizen children here.

Oh, this is your point, let's not send them back home, and maybe since they didn't "work the system", they should be awarded a prize too :D

I would tighten up the borders, and devise a plan that would put them on a path to legal residency.

And do you think this is fair for the other millions and millions waiting to jump the border :D
What about for the ones who wait for years to be approved outside of the U.S.???
Do you know that an American mother (originally from Philippines) is waiting for 13+ years to see her daughter...and she "worked the system" but the visa is not current yet :mad: If she was Mexican...all the family was here long time ago, including the neighbors, the neighbors of the neighbors...with their dog too...
:rolleyes:

"And the ones who were granted PR proved that. If you claim that they just "worked the system" can you prove it? CIS decided differently, that the marriage (to use your own example) was genuine, end of discussion.
We all know that O.J. Simpson is a cold blooded criminal, but the Court decided he's not...end of discussion. Cheap talk in a public forum is not going to put O.J. in jail, neither put in the same boat the legal residents who "worked the system" with the border jumpers who are breaking the law. "

Suzy, just because you didn't get caught doesn't mean you didn't break the law. Being "found out" doesn't change the legality of what you did. Plenty of people INTENTIONALLY marry for AOS and don't get caught, are you saying that what they did was legal???

"Obeying the law and playing by the rule is illegal
Then what's legal in your opinion ...if anything..."

What would be legal?

1. A person who only intends to visit the US getting a tourist visa, visiting, not working, and going home.

2. A person who legitimately comes for school, coming going to school.

3. A person who has a genuine skill that cannot be provided by anyone here in the US, coming to work here.

4. A person genuinely married to a US citizen, applying for AOS.

And the list goes on.

Not to mention that the one who get visas, are checked before they are approved, the ones who run (they don't walk) over the border, nobody check them, they can be criminals, drug dealers, terrorists, etc."

True, but the argument is not about whether the borders should be tighter. The argument is about #1 not being high and mighty about those who do what they have to do in order to survive. #2 Whether or not lying about immigration intentions, and not being caught is different than skipping over the border.

"And what do you expect them to do more than that
Respecting the law and playing by the rules imposed by the CIS is not enough for you...but on the other hand the "border-jumpers" are OK
To me you don't make much sense, and I believe you have a hidden agenda if you insist with this nonsense "

Respecting the law???? When a person is granted a tourist visa, they are questioned in order for the embassy to be sure that they intend to come back, and that they have substantial reasons to come back. Now if you go down there and tell them what they want to hear, knowing that you are NOT planning on coming back, and that once you get here you will do anything including enrolling in school, getting married, etc to stay, is this still considered respecting the law?? Because it sounds to ME like that person immigrated to work and earn a better living, not tour, and if that's the case then they should have been applying for a work visa. Now if that's not disrespecting the law, then I don't know what it.

Now as far as this ulterior motive I'm supposed to have. Honey I was born and raised in TEXAS. The USA that is. I barely need a visa to travel to other countries let alone this one. My husband is LEGAL, and patiently waiting for his AOS. Darling, I can have an opinion with out an alternate motive.

"And do you think this is fair for the other millions and millions waiting to jump the border
What about for the ones who wait for years to be approved outside of the U.S.???
Do you know that an American mother (originally from Philippines) is waiting for 13+ years to see her daughter...and she "worked the system" but the visa is not current yet If she was Mexican...all the family was here long time ago, including the neighbors, the neighbors of the neighbors...with their dog too... "

I guess you didn't read my earlier post well. I don't want illegals skipping in line. I DO think border protection is important. I don't think it's practical to kick out 11 million people. 1st, how are you going to find them? 2nd what about the US born children?

As far as people waiting for years to be approved, I don't begrudge them or the person that lived close enough to walk over. Do I think they should be skipped ahead of the person who did it right, as far as processing? No. But darling, they are already here, so it's not a matter of being mad about the person physically not being able to be here. I guarantee you that if the Phillipines were close enough to walk they would, just like Chinese ride in cargo planes and ships, Mexicans walk over, and others find some other way.

Gofunky said:

Suzy, just because you didn't get caught doesn't mean you didn't break the law.

I want something to be clear. I "didn't get caught" because I was perfectly legal for the day one! I didn't "work the system" I've done everything the way it was supposed to be done
;)
And my reward was that I had to wait 15+ to become an American citizen, because INS lost my file and it took me 8.5 to get my GC and, if you look at my time line you see that Naturalization wasn't an easy ride either.

HOW MANY MEXICANS CROSSED RIO GRANDE (since you're in Texas) IN 1990, THE YEAR I SET FOOT HERE, AND BECAME CITIZENS BEFORE MARCH 2006???

Those are the people I have a problem with and the others like them.

These are the people you defend and advocate their cause.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img00001.jpg
http://cmsimg.elpasotimes.com/apps/...ategori=NEWS&Lopenr=603300329&Ref=AR&MaxW=290
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img00003.jpg
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img00004.jpg

This are the people who deserve, in your opinion, to be legal here :eek:

Being "found out" doesn't change the legality of what you did. Plenty of people INTENTIONALLY marry for AOS and don't get caught, are you saying that what they did was legal???

How do you know that? Except for your marriage, (which is "legal" or not...I have no way to know ;) ) what other marriage you know for a fact it was genuine or not?
Can you name somebody you know of?
Or you're just a psychic, and know which marriages are fake and which are not?

"Obeying the law and playing by the rule is illegal
Then what's legal in your opinion ...if anything..."

What would be legal?

1. A person who only intends to visit the US getting a tourist visa, visiting, not working, and going home.

2. A person who legitimately comes for school, coming going to school.

3. A person who has a genuine skill that cannot be provided by anyone here in the US, coming to work here.

4. A person genuinely married to a US citizen, applying for AOS.

And the list goes on.

Well, to this "5th paragraph" are included the people you say that "worked the system"...unless you have any proof for your baseless arguments there are two big categories:

1. People with proper documents from INS/CIS (LEGAL EMIGRANTS)

2. People who jumped the border (or in you state crossed swimming Rio Grande) and don't have proper documents from INS/CIS (THE ILLEGALS)

Now as far as this ulterior motive I'm supposed to have. Honey I was born and raised in TEXAS. The USA that is.

I'm wondering, honey, which part of Texas since you're such a big fan of the ILLEGALS :rolleyes:

I barely need a visa to travel to other countries let alone this one. My husband is LEGAL, and patiently waiting for his AOS. Darling, I can have an opinion with out an alternate motive.

Darling, may I ask you a question? Is you husband benefiting of the rule that immediate relatives are forgiven of overstaying....how did he came here? Using a fiance visa, and now is he waiting for his AOS after marriage?

I guess you didn't read my earlier post well. I don't want illegals skipping in line. I DO think border protection is important. I don't think it's practical to kick out 11 million people. 1st, how are you going to find them?

Well, the "practical" issue is a personal agenda issue. For the employers who hire them is not "practical" to kick them out, for themselves and their families is not "practical" either...lets see the law passed and will find a "practical" way to take care of the problem ;)

2nd what about the US born children?

They can stay, there are a lot of good Americans who want to adopt, or they can follow their parents.

But darling, they are already here,

If they are already here it doesn't mean they have the right to stay or they shouldn't be kicked out, darling.

I guarantee you that if the Phillipines were close enough to walk they would, just like Chinese ride in cargo planes and ships, Mexicans walk over, and others find some other way.

If that was the case then those Filipino should be thrown out, so far the ILLEGAL Mexicans are the menace of this country.

You dance very "diplomatic" around the subject and I see where you're aiming to :rolleyes:

For the record: I don't hate the Mexicans, period.
I hate the ILLEGAL border-jumpers, who come here by millions, who weave their shit flag in our face and who happen to be from Mexico.

Gofunky said:
These people are working like dogs, living under the table...

Maybe you wanted to say that they work and get paid under the table, and live like dogs... :D :D :D

The insensitivity shown on this board is amazing. I know plenty of American born citizens who despise you simply for being foreign,

...and at the other extreme of the spectrum are people like you who love and support the ILLEGALS :rolleyes:

and now you despise others for not being quite as savvy with the papers, or having the money to file the papers, or having the TIME to wait to gain legal immigration.

And mainly for BREAKING THE LAW, call it like it is and stop dancing around it!!!

I bet you liked Bill "Horny" Clinton who, when was asked: "It IS true that you had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky?" answered: "Depends how you define the word IS!"...you've learned something... :D

Amazing....

Amazing indeed :rolleyes:

GotPR? said:
You may not notice, but 2001 245(i) is causing HUGE backlog today on EB category, and 5 years retrogression suddenly came from nowhere last September. The same thing can happen on FB, however, good news is GC process is always based on PD and if you have old PD, you are fine.

Thank you for your reply. I didn't know the about the backlog on the EB category, I am on the F2B category. I am really worried now. I became worried when I noticed that just when all this immigration debate started coming up, my category date did not move forward! I really want the illegal immigration problem addressed, but not to the expense of the people who have been waiting for years.

Suzy977 said:
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe CIS is going to be overwhelmed with the illegals who will apply for GC and other docs. and people like you will have to wait quietly in line.

Amnesty is the equivalent of "Reward for breaking the law"!...it doesn't apply to legal immigrants and law-obeying people, in general
;)

Thanks for your reply. This is really making me worried. At first I really wanted the illegal immigrants to be helped, but I realized that the only fair way to go about this is to address the issues of the people who are legally waiting first. How can they create an amnesty now when there is still a problem with the CIS being sooo behind and taking a long time with the people who are waiting legally? I mean, before they fix them, fix our situation first. What about us? What are they doing to fix the retrogression problem? Are they even trying to find a solution to this? What about employing more people and building more CIS offices so that there wouldn't be soo much backlog?

Bella Blues said:
Thanks for your reply. This is really making me worried. At first I really wanted the illegal immigrants to be helped, but I realized that the only fair way to go about this is to address the issues of the people who are legally waiting first. How can they create an amnesty now when there is still a problem with the CIS being sooo behind and taking a long time with the people who are waiting legally? I mean, before they fix them, fix our situation first. What about us? What are they doing to fix the retrogression problem? Are they even trying to find a solution to this? What about employing more people and building more CIS offices so that there wouldn't be soo much backlog?

The problem is that they go in the street and demonstrate, half of a million at the time ;)

Are you and others like you half of million in a single place? Of course not, most of the LEGAL ones are waiting quietly the CP in their countries (like my sister in law in Philippines) and others (THE ILLEGALS) are trying to jump in front of her...after jumping the border
:eek: :eek:

Suzy977 said:
The problem is that they go in the street and demonstrate by half of million at the time ;)

Are you and others like you half of million in a single place? Of course not, most of LEGAL ones are waiting quietly the CP in their country (like my sister in law in Philippines) and others (THE ILLEGALS) are trying to jump in front of her...after jumping the border
:eek: :eek:
That is an excellent opportunity to arrest all and deport. Half a million is gone, then 11.5 million to go.

GotPR? said:
That is an excellent opportunity to arrest all and deport. Half a million is gone, then 11.5 million to go.

:D :D :D I wish that was possible :D :D :D

But what I've learn long time ago in this country, CRIMINALS ALWAYS HAVE RIGHTS...sometimes more than the honest people :rolleyes:

Remember when a truck full of illegals was chased by California Highway Patrol on I-5 freeway coming from Mexican border toward Los Angeles?

They were over-speeding and trowing pieces of metal to the CHP car. When eventually were stopped...because the officers were a little bit to rough with them...they (the officers) were fired :eek: :eek:

And the ILLEGALS who were trowing metal pieces at the officers (assault with deadly weapon) were considered victims...bla, bla, bla....

Is good to be a criminal in this country :rolleyes:

"I want something to be clear. I "didn't get caught" because I was perfectly legal for the day one! I didn't "work the system" I've done everything the way it was supposed to be done
And my reward was that I had to wait 15+ to become an American citizen, because INS lost my file and it took me 8.5 to get my GC and, if you look at my time line you see that Naturalization wasn't an easy ride either.B]

Suzy, I'm not talking about you. I don't even know you, or your situation. I was saying that just because "A Person" doesn't get caught doesn't mean that they did not commit a crime.

"How do you know that? Except for your marriage, (which is "legal" or not...I have no way to know ) what other marriage you know for a fact it was genuine or not?
Can you name somebody you know of?
Or you're just a psychic, and know which marriages are fake and which are not?"

Yes I do actually know of people who have done this. But the point is that you are saying if USCIS stamps their passport and sends them a green card then it means that the marriage was valid and there was nothing illegal done. What I'm saying is that just because you go away with something does not mean that what you did was legal, or right. I don't have to be a psychic to know that this goes on. Just like you don't have to be a genius to know that it goes on.

"Well, to this "5th paragraph" are included the people you say that "worked the system"...unless you have any proof for your baseless arguments there are two big categories:

1. People with proper documents from INS/CIS (LEGAL EMIGRANTS)

2. People who jumped the border (or in you state crossed swimming Rio Grande) and don't have proper documents from INS/CIS (THE ILLEGALS)"

You must be completely delusional if you want to sit there and pretend that people do not apply and get legitimate papers under false intentions and information. I mean if you don't want to at least own up to that, then there really is no argument here.

"Darling, may I ask you a question? Is you husband benefiting of the rule that immediate relatives are forgiven of overstaying....how did he came here? Using a fiance visa, and now is he waiting for his AOS after marriage?"

Nope. Husband came as a student, and married 2 years after being here. Applied for AOS after 1 year of marriage. INS screwed up papers, had to reapply this year. No overstay. Legal the whole time.

"They can stay, there are a lot of good Americans who want to adopt, or they can follow their parents."

What the??????? Not only break up the families, but intergrate the children into the totally screwed up US foster system???? 11 million people worth??? Huh????

"who weave their shit flag"

Wow.....if I didn't know you were naturalized I'd say you were a redneck...

"Maybe you wanted to say that they work and get paid under the table, and live like dogs... "

You are completely delusional....

Completely. They work like dogs, get paid substandard wages, and yes, at times lived like dogs too. And you think that's funny?? You have smiley faces behind your post? You think that's funny that people find it more worth it to live like that in this country than to live in their own? Well let me tell you something. America is supposed to be the land of opportunity. This countries history is steeped in immigration. People fleeing a horrible living situation. Fleeing here like the Jews did during the Holocaust, and we turned them away. And you sit there and laugh at the life circumstance that would cause people to feel the need to do so.

Shame and you.

"...and at the other extreme of the spectrum are people like you who love and support the ILLEGALS"

I don't support unprotected borders. But I don't begrudge people trying to escape poverty.

"I bet you liked Bill "Horny" Clinton who, when was asked: "It IS true that you had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky?" answered: "Depends how you define the word IS!"...you've learned something... "

I don't give a damn about Bill Clinton, but what I do give a damn about is you questioning my integrity. So I'm going to let you know right now that you are about an inch from being cussed out Texas-Style.

Gofunky said:
"
Nope. Husband came as a student, and married 2 years after being here. Applied for AOS after 1 year of marriage. INS screwed up papers, had to reapply this year. No overstay. Legal the whole time.

Just for the sake of the argument and to follow your way of thinking what if I say:

Your husband came here as a student but with the clear intention to find a pretty American girl (that would be you ;) ) get married and stay for good.
Can you, based on your own previously presented arguments, convince me that he never ever intended to stay longer than his student visa, or to immigrate?!?

What the??????? Not only break up the families, but intergrate the children into the totally screwed up US foster system???? 11 million people worth??? Huh????

We're not talking about 11 million kids!!! And the "foster system solution" is only if the parents insist on the citizenship rights of the children.

"who weave their shit flag"

Wow.....if I didn't know you were naturalized I'd say you were a redneck...

Well, as far as I know, a redneck hates everybody but his own people, I hate only those anti-americans who despise this country and the American flag.

I've said it before, I love this country for its diversity, but those mexicans who don't have any respect for America and Americans I consider them, my personal ennemies

"Just for the sake of the argument and to follow your way of thinking what if I say:

Your husband came here as a student but with the clear intention to find a pretty American girl (that would be you ) get married and stay for good.
Can you, based on your own previously presented arguments, convince me that he never ever intended to stay longer than his student visa, or to immigrate?!?"

I can't convince you of what my husband's intentions were when he came to this country. He could have intended to stay all along. I'm pretty certain that he didn't marry me just for the AOS, but only he and God knows that for sure, but we share love and a child on the way. However, by my own argument if he came with ulterior motives then it would have defeated the intention of the law, and this would have been illegal. But I never said that I had a big problem with that.

"We're not talking about 11 million kids!!! And the "foster system solution" is only if the parents insist on the citizenship rights of the children."

We aren't talking about 11 million kids, but if half of the people have 2 kids then we are. Let's say not that many. Let's say.......3 million. Will we put them in foster care?

"Well, as far as I know, a redneck hates everybody but his own people, I hate only those anti-americans who despise this country and the American flag.

I've said it before, I love this country for its diversity, but those mexicans who don't have any respect for America and Americans I consider them, my personal ennemies."

No rednecks often pick and choose who they hate. You can be an honorary redneck.

Gofunky said:
"I bet you liked Bill "Horny" Clinton who, when was asked: "It IS true that you had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky?" answered: "Depends how you define the word IS!"...you've learned something... "

I don't give a damn about Bill Clinton, but what I do give a damn about is you questioning my integrity. So I'm going to let you know right now that you are about an inch from being cussed out Texas-Style.

Maybe that will be your best argument so far :D :D :D ...since everything else you said a bunch of nonsense :rolleyes:

Anyway for your own sake, don't try to go there, I've travelled a lot and I know more "folklore" than you guys in Texas...and I'll be more than happy to share it with you ;)

I'm going to sleep for now, you should do the same maybe tomorrow you'll wake up with a clearer mind
;) :D

Suzy977 said:
Maybe that will be your best argument so far :D :D :D ...since everything else you said a bunch of nonsense :rolleyes:

Anyway for your own sake, don't try to go there, I've travelled a lot and I know more "folklore" than you guys in Texas...and I'll be more than happy to share it with you ;)

I'm going to sleep for now, you should do the same maybe tomorrow you'll wake up with a clearer mind
;) :D

You know what. This is going to be my last post to you. I typed some more colorful words, but then decided that they would be wasted on you so I'll refrain.

Some people will just never get it, until they are put in the position where they have to get it.

Suzy, what's your situation before?

I want something to be clear. I "didn't get caught" because I was perfectly legal for the day one! I didn't "work the system" I've done everything the way it was supposed to be done and my reward was that I had to wait 15+ to become an American citizen, because INS lost my file and it took me 8.5 to get my GC and, if you look at my time line you see that Naturalization wasn't an easy ride either.

Suzy, why did it take 8.5 years to get your green card? What category were you on? I am on the F2B category, my priority date is January 14, 1998 and right now they are processing July 8, 1996. I still have 3 years or so to wait, based on current progress. I've been waiting for 8 years now

:( Sigh.

Bella Blues said:
I want something to be clear. I "didn't get caught" because I was perfectly legal for the day one! I didn't "work the system" I've done everything the way it was supposed to be done and my reward was that I had to wait 15+ to become an American citizen, because INS lost my file and it took me 8.5 to get my GC and, if you look at my time line you see that Naturalization wasn't an easy ride either.

Suzy, why did it take 8.5 years to get your green card? What category were you on? I am on the F2B category, my priority date is January 14, 1998 and right now they are processing July 8, 1996. I still have 3 years or so to wait, based on current progress. I've been waiting for 8 years now

:( Sigh.

I feel for you. In fact I have my sister in law who is from the same country with you, and waiting and waiting...

It took me 8.5 years to get my GC not because of the visa category but because INS lost my file and I had a stupid attorney who messed things up
:eek: :rolleyes:

Gofunky said:
You know what. This is going to be my last post to you. I typed some more colorful words, but then decided that they would be wasted on you so I'll refrain.

Some people will just never get it, until they are put in the position where they have to get it.

I agree with your opinion as reflected in my earlier posts.

I have seen so many people who worked the system "illegally" to their advantage and never got caught. They'll probably become citizens and masquerade as messiahs of everything legal. I don't see any different between them and the illegal Mexicans.

Jumping the Border, Organizing Protests, Playing Politics, Forcing Politicians to change Law to their advantage ----- it is all the Mexican way of working the system --- I don't see anything wrong with that.

If you want to criticize somebody, crticize the government and politicians for letting the situation get out of control. Mexicans clearly undertood that US cannot do without atleast a better part of those 12 million. The politicians needs their community's vote. So they are playing the game -- Absolutely Fair Game.

A popular lawyer in a congressional testimony last year said that any immigration policy should be "useful" to America. He realistically said that biggest threat to American Jobs comes from "Family Based" immigration, not H1's or L1's which is quality immigration. He basically proposed to elminate that category.

I mentioned this because there is this whole slew of people who think others deserve or dont deserve something.

Legals thing illegals dont deserve it. "Family Based" people think "Politictical Asylum' don't deserve it. "Employment" based people think all other immigrant categories never earned it. American citizens think all immigrants should'nt be here. Mexicans think part of America is their's. The chain goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.