• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

interview

cera

Registered Users (C)
i am a dv selectee for 2013
CN: 2013AF00055###
i want to know likely when will my interview be held and what should i expect at the interview?
please help....

August???? If 55,000 gets current in August then the rest of us are finished because we'd never be current!

My guess for cera is it'll be between June and July unless the numbers go quicker.

DV2013AF0007XXXX
Entry Checked: 01/05/2012
Forms sent to KCC: 10/05/2012
Confirmed by KCC via e-mail: 25/05/12
Confirmation 2 by KCC via e-mail: 31/12/2012 - confirming my documents were acceptable for processing on a query I had on I-134
Medicals: NOT YET - will schedule the medical as soon as I receive my 2nd NL
2nd NL: NOT YET - I hope to receive this sometime between June and August
Police : NOT YET - I will prepare certificates two months before the interview
Interview: NOT YET - hopefully between June and August
Port of Entry - New York JFK - hopefully in September or October 2013 via a nice flight on Emirates :)

When my number is current, will the embassy arrange the interview or do I need to call in to find out? I don't trust the postal service here.

you dont have to trust postal services. nothing will come with the mail. you will get an email that you have some updates available and you should check your entrant status check website. there you will find out when you interview is going to take place.

August???? If 55,000 gets current in August then the rest of us are finished because we'd never be current!

My guess for cera is it'll be between June and July unless the numbers go quicker.

DV2013AF0007XXXX
Entry Checked: 01/05/2012
Forms sent to KCC: 10/05/2012
Confirmed by KCC via e-mail: 25/05/12
Confirmation 2 by KCC via e-mail: 31/12/2012 - confirming my documents were acceptable for processing on a query I had on I-134
Medicals: NOT YET - will schedule the medical as soon as I receive my 2nd NL
2nd NL: NOT YET - I hope to receive this sometime between June and August
Police : NOT YET - I will prepare certificates two months before the interview
Interview: NOT YET - hopefully between June and August
Port of Entry - New York JFK - hopefully in September or October 2013 via a nice flight on Emirates :)

I just talked to a responsible in the US consulate in my country, and she said to me that the DV 2013 will be comparable to the one of 2008, that means it is gonna get late for a lot of people and even over since many people will find themselves having interview in late september...

So if I do the regular check, the letter will change and give me an interview date? Or how does it work?

yes. instead of the letter saying you have been selected for further processing you will get a new one giving you a date of the interview, required documents and people joining you (if any).

yes. instead of the letter saying you have been selected for further processing you will get a new one giving you a date of the interview, required documents and people joining you (if any).

So I guess, should I save a copy or make a print of that bar-code page as it will disappear with 2nd NL?

I just talked to a responsible in the US consulate in my country, and she said to me that the DV 2013 will be comparable to the one of 2008, that means it is gonna get late for a lot of people and even over since many people will find themselves having interview in late september...

Which region did you apply from?

I'm hoping the March cut-off will be bumped up substantially to at least 30,000 to put Africa in close tandem with the cut-off for March last year.

The last two DVs have been getting current more early so if the trend stays almost the same then it works to everyone's benefit.

I also read and hear of many people being bumped off or rejected either because of documentation or risk of being a public charge or sham marriages or some other reason, so perhaps this will free up spaces for more people.

Also the financial risk involved of emigrating is quite high in such an uncertain economic climate so it all depends if individuals are willing to risk their jobs/livelihoods or their families financial security and move to a new country. After all the DV is only our ticket into America and the rest of the problems are our problems and not for the US government to deal with.

I know some people have gone broke after moving to America and have had to move back to their home countries. Remember that savings of $20,000 or slightly more don't get you anywhere in America because from experience that money flys out the window before one realises it. I mean just a Bieber bus ticket from a small town to NYC is $50. A bottle of water in Pennsylvania is around $1 whereas in NYC it goes for up to $4.

Home insurance ranges between $150 to $1,000 per month depending on where and what type of house you live in with the monthly property tax being extra on top.

I mean we are talking of serious money here to live comfortably in the US unless people are willing to live in a rathole in a crime-ridden area and work at a 7/11.

On the other side the US government had the fiscal cliff to deal and elections to deal with recently and the focus/resources were diverted to those events - in theory of politics every government department is told to chill and wait until major issues like the fiscal cliff an election are out of the way and now that they are, I'm guessing the KCC will speed up the process.

If the numbers get bumped up from 22,000 to 32,000 then we can be happy campers because it's a nice jump.

Looking at the numbers on another thread I started (High Case Number) - the numbers look very interesting mathematically according to my analysis (again this is just my theory).

There seems to be a trend numbers for example as follows (lets look at the last 4 DVs from January onwards):

DV 09/10 - January to February jumped approximately 4,000 case numbers from 23,400 to 27,500.
DV 10/11 - January to February jumped approximately 5,000 case numbers from 20,900 to 26,100.
DV 11/12 - January to February jumped approximately 7,000 case numbers from 24,700 to 32,000.
DV 12/13 - January to February jumped approximately 4,000 case numbers from 18,100 to 22,000.

DV 09/10 - February to March jumped approximately 2,000 case numbers from 27,500 to 29,600.
DV 10/11 - February to March jumped approximately 6,000 case numbers from 26,100 to 31,950.
DV 11/12 - February to March jumped approximately 4,000 case numbers from 32,000 to 35,800.
DV 12/13 - February to March - in theory may jump from 22,000 to either around/between 27,000 and 30,000.

Of course higher than 30,000 is a bonus.

I applied from Africa, and i have lived 5 years in the US. and i know as single person, i will need around 3k to 6k to set up myself before finding a job, knowing that i have a lot of friends in the US who can help me out in the beginning.

DV2013 is so late comparing to previous years, March bultin will give us a clear picture ;)