II0 says: Waiting for I-140 files to be connected to I-485 filing

Can anyone answer please?

I checked my I140. It says that the file will stay at NSC as the application is for AOS. If applicant needs to go for CP then he needs to file I8...

So what to do? Should I call NVC? Can someone knows what to do?

Achiever

Hi! Achiever

I don\'t think u will get ne answers from NVC, \'cuz as u say ur I-140 was approved for AOS and not CP and i understand that ur I-140 was not sent 2 a US Consulate in ur home country.

What i am assuming is INS/NE might have kept ur I-140 in some warehouse and they are jus\' waitng for ur I-140 2 be pulled from that warehouse (must be lying somewhere in that warehouse) and associate it with ur I-485. (This is what i am guessing.)

Guys ne inputs...

That is also my guess

Thanks Sickofins,

I am also guessing that my I140 is in NSC & NSC is taking it own time to make connection.

Do you think I should take help from Senator\'s office?

Achiever

Sure u can try a senator. What have u got 2 lose. They have already delayed it this long. Jus\' try

GOOD LUCK and GOOD luck 2 all of us havin\' 2 deal with INS.

File is now supposedly at NSC

Hi Everyone,
I apologize for not posting for so long on this thread, was travelling.

My attorney spoke with an IIO at NSC last week and it seems that they have received the I-140 file on 02/22/2002 (I dont know from where they received it: either from CSC where it was filed or from NVC or Mumbai consulate where the NVC says they had sent it)

So hopefully the case will move forward now.

Later.

485_1200 : my case similar to yours

RD dec 18 2000
ND dec 20 2000
FP 07/01/2000
I 140 at VSC and I 485 at NSC

Yesterday IIO told me that they were trying to connect 140 to 485.

when I asked them how long have they been trying to connect he told me he had no way of telling
Is it true or shall I try to speak to another IIO.

Ps keep in touch

485_1200, Did your lawyer gave any time frame?

Hi,

Did your lawyer gave any timeframe for approval? Also did he mention if your file has been assigned to officer?

I contacted Senator\'s office last week & they told me that as of 01/31/2002 NSC was processing 10/10/2002 cases. I think that answer is bull.

Achiever

anybody who has got "Connection with I140 & I485" response got approvals?

anybody who has got "Connection with I140 & I485" response from IIO got approvals?

I wonder how long does it take to make a connection between I140 & I485.

Any thoughts?

Achiever

My guess is as good as urs.

Once INS requests for I-140 case file from US consulate (if I-140 has been approved for CP) it may take any where from 2 wks to 6 mos.

But My I140 was approved for AOS..

& File should be at NSC. So why so long to to make connection? IIO told me that this connection was ordered for my case in end of January. My logical guess would be that it should not take more than a month to make a connection if your file is already at NSC.

Worst part of the whole thing is that I did not see any approvals for such cases so far. Are these cases are just sitting somewhere in back racks or what?

This is probably most frustrating part of whole process.

Achiever