II0 says: Waiting for I-140 files to be connected to I-485 filing

485_1200

Registered Users (C)
I spoke with an IIO at NSC today and he said that they were waiting for my I-140 files to be connected with my I-485 filing. Does anyone have a clue what this means???? any answers highly appreciated.

Here is a transcript of my conversation:

Me: Hi, I\'d like to enquire about the status of my I-485 application.
IIO: Do you have your Receipt number?
Me: Yes, its LIN-01-061-xxxxx
IIO: I see that we received it on 12/20/2000 and..... it seems that we are
waiting for an I-140 application that was filed on your behalf to be
connected to this I-485 application, whenever that happens, your case should
move along.
Me: Is there some thing required of me to help that process along?
IIO: No, its just that the 1-140 file needs to be connected to your I-485
application file and that should happen on its own.
Me: I see, do you know how much time this approximately takes.
IIO: No, I dont know.
Me: OK.
IIO: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: No, thank you , I appreciate your help.
IIO: Bye.

RD: 10/23/00, ND: 11/22/00 FP: 03/16/01 AD: Still waiting

I am still waiting for my approval.. Case transferred to local INS on 11/29/01. Case transferred back to NSC on 02/21/02. I did receive a transfer notice from NSC. But when INS transferred back to NSC, I didn\'t receive anything. When I called NSC, they said it is in the queue and waiting \'something\' from LINCOLN, Nebraska. God knows what it is.

Plz hang we will get it eventually..

It doesn\'t make sense

According to my lawyer, my case has been with an officer as of Jan 18th,2002. My LIN: 01-048-----(RD:12/05/00)EB2,INDIA.
I don\'t understand if it\'s with an officer, why is it not being looked at after almost two months...and also means that it did not go to Consulate in India....
It just doesn\'t make any sense unless what you said might be right....
It is one of those idiotic bureaucratic stuff(like an address match from I-140 to I-485) they are probably waiting for, I guess.
Or it might be they are doing some random background checks(I am guessing) and that information of that checks might be taking a whole lot of time to come back and we are the unlucky ones subjected to that.......
Well, no brain surgeon can find out what\'s going on those INS Brains anyhow.........
That\'s my 2 cents

I-140 for CP ?

Was your i-140 filed fro counsular processing ?

if yes then NVC must have sent your file to the US counsulate in your country.

and now NSC is asking that I-140 back from the cousulate. to be connected with your I485 application.

call the number on your I-140 approval notice to see where your file is Now !!

Regards

Yep, have heard the "Waiting for I-140 match" from service rep myself.

No information beyond that as to when my case will be assigned was given to me either.

my have the same situation

my case notice day in DEC, 2000.
My I-140 was approved on VSC, my layer said NSC is waiting my I-140 coming. My layer submit the request recently for my I-140 to transfer. He said it will take another 180 days to do the transfer.
It is ture?

Anyone can help me with some info?

Thanks

I-140 was sent to NVC and on to Mumbai !!!!!

Some alarming new revelations have come to light since yesterday.
After my conversation yesterday I went back to my file to look at my I-140 approval. My I-140 approval says on it that the petition has been approved on Aug 15 2000 and that it was sent to the National Visa Center, even though I had never asked for consular processing.!!
Of course at the time I was alarmed by this note on the approval and did bring it to the attention of the attorneys and my co. Immigration dept. I was told that it was not a problem since this usually happens and that the INS sometimes makes these mistakes but they have seen it in several cases, and that I should not worry about it. I did nothing further on this issue after this.

Anyway since my conversation yesterday with the IIO, I have been thinking that maybe they did actually send it to the NVC (duh!!) and my file has ended up in the wrong place. So I called the NVC this morning (1-603-334-0700) and tried to get status on my case based on the receipt number of my I-140 approval(WAC-99-xxx-xxxx) and lo and behold I was told that my file was sent to the American Consulate in Mumbai, India on, get this Oct 03 2000 !!!! .

At this point I am convinced that our previious attorneys were either
incompetent at best and not bothered at worst. Clearly they should have checked up on this matter and at least informed me of any action they took on this. I thought my I485 was to be approved any day now, only to learn that something to enable that is missing.. damn those dick heads whose only purpose in life is ... I wonder...???.

I am aware that the NSC may have asked to transfer my file back to them. But can we count on that?

Also I have read on this forum that a service center can only send a
letter to the consulate within 2 years after which the file is archived and would take 4 - 6 months to access- is this true?

My attorney says(BTW my current atorney firm is different from the earlier one .. lucklily):
"Those events are of great concern...

We also have noted that your I-140 and I-485 were filed in two separate jurisdictions, CSC for the I-140 and NSC for I-485.

One idea is to file an application for a duplicate approval w/CSC to forward that approval to NSC."

I have a meeting with him tomorrow to discuss my options.

I will update this thread when I have more info.

Later

I got the same response today

Hi,

I called IIO today & I was told same thing. My I140 was filed for I485 AOS & at NSC. I filed I485 at NSC too. IIO said sometime it takes 6 months for them to make a connection between i140 & I485 file. IIO told me that they send the file for connection in the end of January.

I called my lawyer & she said that this should be an internal process. They will pull my I140 file from archieve & connect it to I485 file to make sure that everything matches. (ALthough she was not aware of such process)

I never asked for CP, however now I shall double check I140 again.

Or is this just one of those reasons which IIO gives to keep us shut.

Achiever

My details; EB2/RIR/INDIA PD 04/12/2000 RD 03/02/2001 ND 03/27/2001 FP 01/12/2002

485_1200, take a look at the discussion "Complicated Cases ..."

There is a lot of folks who have posted there. You can see two or three of my postings which are very similar in detail to yours.

I checked my I140 & It is for AOS

Hi,

I checked I140 & it is approved for adjustment of status. So now what? Interesting thing is that when I called IIO last week, he did not said anything about making connection between I140 & I485. BUt today IIO told me about making connection.

Also my I140 file should in NSC, so why so long to make connection?

I am confused now.

Achiever

question for 485_1200 & NSC_year6

Hi,

When you called NSC how did that IIO sound? The reason I am asking is that this is what happened when I called NSC today. It was little different than my usual experience with IIOs.

As soon as line was connected, man said "operations". I told him that I have applied for I485 & gave him the LIN number. He then put me on hold for a few moments (10-15 second) then he asked my name. Then he said you applied for I485 on March 27th (My ND). I said yes & before I could say anything he started saying that "your application is sent to make a connection between I140 & I485"

I was confused as I never heard that reason before. I asked him how much time it takes to make connection. He said he does not know exactly but sometimes it takes 6 months. Then he said that my file was sent to make a connection by the end of January.
I said can I send you any information like approval notice of I140(I did not know what to say). He said no & that was it.

So I am not sure whether that guy was regular IIO or was someone else.

Did you hear something like that when you called IIO?

Just trying to make some sense out of this.

Achiever

Reply to your message

Hi Achiever,
No In my case the IIO did not sound unusual, maybe since this is the first time I have spoken with an IIO.

I had posted a transcript of the conversation - verbatim.
I will post it here again:

Me: Hi, I\'d like to enquire about the status of my I-485 application.
IIO: Do you have your Receipt number?
Me: Yes, its LIN-01-061-xxxxx
IIO: I see that we received it on 12/20/2000 and..... it seems that we are waiting for an I-140 application that was filed on your behalf to be connected to this I-485 application, whenever that happens, your case should move along.
Me: Is there some thing required of me to help that process along?
IIO: No, its just that the 1-140 file needs to be connected to your I-485 application file and that should happen on its own.
Me: I see, do you know how much time this approximately takes.
IIO: No, I dont know.
Me: OK.
IIO: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: No, thank you , I appreciate your help.
IIO: Bye.
end of conversation

Any way I spoke with my attorney today and he says that They have 1 of 2 options now both of which can be initiated in parallel at the same time,
1- re-file a new I-140 at NSC
2- file an I-A24 at CSC which is where my I-140 was filed.
The IA24 ( I think thats what he said) is basically to ask CSC to send a duplicate approval notice to NSC.

He also said that it is suprising that the file was sent by NVC and on to The Mumbai consulate without the interaction from my previous lawyer or myself since this is apparently an expensive procedure for the NVC to undertake for no reason.

Later.

What my attorney said

I spoke with my attorney today and he says that They have 1 of 2 options now both of which can be initiated in parallel at the same time,
1- re-file a new I-140 at NSC
2- file an I-A24 at CSC which is where my I-140 was filed.
The IA24 ( I think thats what he said) is basically to ask CSC to send a duplicate approval notice to NSC.

He also feels that the file may have been asked for by NSC and may get to them on its own. I sure hope so.

He also said that it is suprising that the file was sent by NVC and on to The Mumbai consulate without the interaction from my previous lawyer or myself since this is apparently an expensive procedure for the NVC to undertake for no reason.

By the way thanks for all the posts everyone.
Later.

485_1200 I recall you are from Portland, OR

Hi,

I am from Portland-OR too. So please keep in touch. Meanwhile I have not seen single approval from NSC for Portland, OR folks. I know people from CSC & VSC who are in Portland, OR has got the approvals.

Do you know anybody who has got approval from NSC in Portland, OR in last 4-5-6 month?

Achiever

485_1200: would you please post details on your I-140 approval about sending to NVC?

The reason I\'m asking you is that, in 2nd paragraph of my I-140 approval, it mentioned NVC, which I\'m not sure if mine is sent to NVC or consulate!

Thank you very much!

No Title

Hi Carl.
My lawyer supposedly had filed for AOS and NOT for CP but it was apparently sent to the NVC anyway. I think its the lawewrs responsibility to track the case, in a timely manner.

Later.

achiever: reply to you

I did not perceive anything about the person I spoke to possibly having any more knowledge than the normal customer service rep.